So I am getting my 3rd Storm on Friday. 1st was replaced due to bad clicking, 2nd is due to a ton of dust under the screen. What can I do to avoid the dust under the screen on this one? I have always kept it "naked" and like it that way but will get a case if I have to. Will the Innocase II be enough or do I need a screen protector also.

Thanks in advance.
    03-25-09 11:56 AM
    Don't keep it in your pocket.

Do you have unprotected sex with different women everyday?

Same thing with your storm going pants to pants.

Put a cover on it, or get a belt clip.
    03-25-09 11:59 AM
    Don't keep it in your pocket.

Do you have unprotected sex with different women everyday?

Same thing with your storm going pants to pants.

Put a cover on it, or get a belt clip.
    That is what I figured. I need to keep carrying it in my pocket though. So will just a cover be good enough or do I need a screen film also? They tried to tell me I needed a screen protector, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how that would keep dust from getting under the screen.
    03-25-09 12:01 PM
    That is what I figured. I need to keep carrying it in my pocket though. So will just a cover be good enough or do I need a screen film also? They tried to tell me I needed a screen protector, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how that would keep dust from getting under the screen.
    screen protector will not keep dust out. Dust seeps in through the cracks on the outside of the phone. An otterbox might be your best bet, but really anything that covers holes on the outside of the phone will help for sure.
    03-25-09 12:04 PM
    What about the gap around the screen?
    03-25-09 12:08 PM
    like slymother said, a screen protector won't keep dust out, neither will an innocase. I kept my first storm in my pock for the last month that i had it, and the dust got horrible real quick like. Since I got my replacement, I've been keeping it in the leather holster verizon sells. I've had it for a little over a month, and from what I can see, no dust has made it's way into the screen yet.

If you're really hard up and wanting to keep dust out, there was a thread on here when storm first released where someone saran wrapped their phone, and then put a hard case over that . . . lol
    03-25-09 12:10 PM
    What about the gap around the screen?
    Yep. Dust gets in that way too. I've got a tiny amount under my screen just below the earpiece. I use a leather side pouch on my belt. As long as it's in your pocket you're going to drastically increase the lint and dust under your screen, unless you get something like the aforementioed Otter box case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 12:15 PM
    get the otter box. it adds bulk but pretty much makes the phone impervious to damage and dust. they are also remodeling it to make it a more user friendly case.
    03-25-09 12:17 PM
    Yep. Dust gets in that way too. I've got a tiny amount under my screen just below the earpiece. I use a leather side pouch on my belt. As long as it's in your pocket you're going to drastically increase the lint and dust under your screen, unless you get something like the aforementioed Otter box case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    oh yeah, forgot to mention that I actually take a microfiber cloth and wipe out any dust that might accumulate in the pouch once a week or so. . . overkill? haha
    03-25-09 12:18 PM
    ive seen people with leather pouches that you slip the phone into and go in the pocket, does that work? and do they make those for the storm?
    03-25-09 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD