So with OS 5 now officially out and the Storm 2 about to debut any day, I wonder how long it will be before we see some OS 5 support from the 3rd party App/Theme makers? It's not as if they didn't know OS 5 was coming and unofficial leaks have been around for some time...........

I see lots of compaints that this theme or this program isn't working with OS 5and the blame usually seems to be pointed towards RIM, but are they really to blame if the 3rd party suppliers/developers haven't stepped up to the plate?

R...
    10-26-09 08:59 AM
    So with OS 5 now officially out and the Storm 2 about to debut any day, I wonder how long it will be before we see some OS 5 support from the 3rd party App/Theme makers? It's not as if they didn't know OS 5 was coming and unofficial leaks have been around for some time...........

I see lots of compaints that this theme or this program isn't working with OS 5and the blame usually seems to be pointed towards RIM, but are they really to blame if the 3rd party suppliers/developers haven't stepped up to the plate?

R...
    Are you serious..?

RIM owns Plazmic Theme Builder, which is what we use to build themes. The latest version of Plazmic is 4.7. We either need RIM to issue a patch for Plazmic 4.7 for 5.0 OS above .323 or they need to release a 5.0 version of Plazmic. It is RIM who dropped the ball here, not the developers. The themes work fine on some earlier leaked versions of 5.0. Somehow the OS code was changed in the OS at .323 and up to cause this anomally.
    I assume RIM will fix this in Plazmic very soon....I hope.
    10-26-09 10:11 AM
    I didn't know that RIM actually owned Plazmic.... If that is actually the case, then I agree that they dropped the ball by not having a new release before now. I suppose tho' that being Verizon is the only carrier (so far) to actually release 5.0 that RIM didn't believe there was any panic to release a theme builder before the release of 5.0?? Lame excuse if that is the case.

Be that as it is, I can live without a theme for a few days, but what happened with the App developers? As I said earlier, they've had ample opportunity to get their **** together and be up to date! It appears they chose not to. While a lot of themes are free/homemade, most Apps cost us money and now we can't use them.......

R...

Are you serious..?

RIM owns Plazmic Theme Builder, which is what we use to build themes. The latest version of Plazmic is 4.7. We either need RIM to issue a patch for Plazmic 4.7 for 5.0 OS above .323 or they need to release a 5.0 version of Plazmic. It is RIM who dropped the ball here, not the developers. The themes work fine on some earlier leaked versions of 5.0. Somehow the OS code was changed in the OS at .323 and up to cause this anomally.
    I assume RIM will fix this in Plazmic very soon....I hope.
    10-26-09 10:20 AM
    Could be that if you update an app to work with 5.0 it may no longer work with 4.7. Therefor no updates until 5.0 is official. Perhaps we will see some updates this week to those as well. I'm looking forward to the Pandora update which has been said to come before the 31st of October.
    10-26-09 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD