You can call me a complete nubie...but what is 3G and can i switch my storm to 3g somehow...i never asked cause i felt like a nub not knowing what it is but can someone help me out here?>
    12-31-08 01:52 AM
    Verizon is a CDMA network. 1XEV is 3g. It's just the highest speed for a mobile cellphone device.
    12-31-08 01:54 AM
    Verizon is a CDMA network. 1XEV is 3g. It's just the highest speed for a mobile cellphone device.

OH ok i got ya so when my phone says 1XEV and it does all the time, then i already am on 3g i got ya...thanx i was never sure what 3G meant, everyone advertises but dosent tell you !!
    12-31-08 01:57 AM
    Actually In Asia they are already on 4G. Technically it isn't the strongest, but in the united states it is. We are turtles in the U.S. catching up with technology with the rest of the world.

Also the word 3G stands for "Third Generation" Tele Mobile communications.

Here is a brief info on 3G:
    -a minimum speed of 2Mbit/s and maximum of 14.4Mbit/s for stationary users, and 348 [sic] kbit/s in a moving vehicle

-various speeds are sold as 3G intended to meet customers expectations of broadband speed. It is often suggested by industry sources that 3G can be expected to provide 384 kbit/s at or below pedestrian speeds, but only 128 kbit/s in a moving car.
    12-31-08 04:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD