My Storm has been running on 1xev signal..but ive been trying to get it on 3g and i cant
    Ive done Mobile Network options>Network Technology>GSM/UMTS>3G and 2G
    but when i do i get sos
    So what can i do? plz and thx
    04-14-09 10:58 PM
    Since your on Verizon, EV-DO (1XEV) is CDMA 3G. EV is just a fancy word of 3G.
    Only difference of 3G on CDMA vs. GSM is one it won't say 3G on Verizon, and Verizon doesn't allow simultaneously Phone calling and Data Transferring.
    04-14-09 10:59 PM
    O wow that suckz then cuz when im at school i cant get no service downstairs and all the "G1's" make fun of me cuz i cant do anything without service lol
    04-14-09 11:03 PM
    O wow that suckz then cuz when im at school i cant get no service downstairs and all the "G1's" make fun of me cuz i cant do anything without service lol
    Ouch >.<
    10char
    04-14-09 11:12 PM
    Ahhhh....your in a dead zone. I thought Verizon customers always had at least 100+ people walking behind them.....I think they're called "the network?!"

Seriously, it is a downer when everyone else around you has service when/where they need it. Makes you feel like you might as well be holding a tin can.
    04-15-09 09:13 AM
    Does your school have wifi? Maybe you can get a VZW Network Extender and plug it in while in class so you can show up those kids with G1's with your full bars.

But that might be overkill and you'd have to sit next a wall outlet which would look kind of weird because you'd also have a cord coming out of your bag. But you know as the saying goes, if there is a will there is a way.
    04-15-09 09:28 AM
    gen 2 network extender with evdo just in time for lte rollout FTW

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 10:25 AM
    thanks I had some of the same questions about the 3g
    04-15-09 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD