The Storm can take a 32Gb card. Both the hardware and the OS support this.

Mr Bear (and I) bought Class 4 cards from Amazon for about $100. The card listed above by Mightyjohn is only a Class 2 which is MUCH slower. There's a link in my sig which might help dispel confusion about the different Classes. The copy speed is the big advantage and also slightly smooter videos. Also be careful of bulk packaging of SanDIsk cards. They are cheaper but you don't get a SanDisk warranty. It will be with the seller only. Buy a Retail Packed SanDisk and you get a higher price and a SanDisk warranty.

32Gb cards are not yet available in microSDHC format. My guess is that they will be there in Class 2 for Christmas. Hope so.
    03-18-09 04:32 PM
    can't wait to get a 32. goodbye iPod
    03-18-09 04:34 PM
    is there any way to look at a card, and tell what class it is?
    03-18-09 05:20 PM
    On the front of the card, then's a number inside a capital C. C2, C4, even C6 if you're in Japan.
    03-18-09 05:32 PM
    I'm using a 8 gig Class 6 right now in my Storm. I don't have any music on it, just a bunch of South Park episodes, 2 movies, **** tons of naked photos of my gf, and about 150 ring tones. and im still sporting have 2.5 gigs of free space. Class 6 cards are crazy fast on the storm. it makes storm slightly faster, makes viewing movies and photos super quick. I don't see anymore lag when it comes to my ring tones anymore either. my phone used to freeze up a bit when i received a txt or picture message. i would have to wait a few seconds after it was done chiming to push anything or else it would freeze up. not the case anymore.
    03-18-09 05:38 PM
    is there any way to look at a card, and tell what class it is?
    Here you go
    03-18-09 06:35 PM
    I'm using a 8 gig Class 6 right now in my Storm. I don't have any music on it, just a bunch of South Park episodes, 2 movies, **** tons of naked photos of my gf, and about 150 ring tones. and im still sporting have 2.5 gigs of free space. Class 6 cards are crazy fast on the storm. it makes storm slightly faster, makes viewing movies and photos super quick. I don't see anymore lag when it comes to my ring tones anymore either. my phone used to freeze up a bit when i received a txt or picture message. i would have to wait a few seconds after it was done chiming to push anything or else it would freeze up. not the case anymore.
    This is real good info. Would you mind cross-posting this (Cut n Paste) to the microSd link in my sig. Thanks.
    03-18-09 06:37 PM
    Now all we have to do is find a way to use the external memory for application space memory. Does anyone know if this exists?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 06:45 PM
    I want to load it up with movies.
    03-18-09 06:52 PM
    I have a 16GB SD in my Storm. It gave me 14.8GB of actual memory. I download a lot of movies, so I would really like to see if a 32GB card would work.
    03-18-09 07:44 PM
    It's been about a good month since the last post. I'm wondering how many users picked up a 32gb card and what were their opinions. Which brand did you prefer and why? Also, where did you get it?

My iPod Touch's UI is quite amazing. Though with matching storage space on a Storm, it seems more likely to replace my iPod fairly soon. Anyone prefer one or the other? Pros or cons?

Thanks
    04-23-09 06:57 PM
    i would just like to know if anyone has used a 16 gig card successfully.
    I'm using the A-Data 16Gb class 6. Its great. Have over 250 mp3 songs and 7 full length mp4 movies. Cost was $65

04-23-09 08:38 PM
    the 8G that comes with the phone is more than enough for me.
    Same here ... I mean sure I could load up more stuff that I don't use by why?
    04-23-09 08:41 PM
    I'm using a 8 gig Class 6 right now in my Storm. I don't have any music on it, just a bunch of naked photos of my gf, and im still sporting 2.5 gigs of free space.
    Any naked photos of yourself? I didn't think so since you're only sporting 2.5 gigs.
    04-23-09 09:08 PM
    It's been about a good month since the last post. I'm wondering how many users picked up a 32gb card and what were their opinions. Which brand did you prefer and why? Also, where did you get it?

My iPod Touch's UI is quite amazing. Though with matching storage space on a Storm, it seems more likely to replace my iPod fairly soon. Anyone prefer one or the other? Pros or cons?

Thanks
    The 32gb micro sdhc isn't available for consumer purchase yet. There are some rumors saying it will be released by summer but nothing more than that. Once it gets released, I plan to buy one since I have almost filled two entire 16gb micro sdhcs.

04-23-09 09:24 PM
    I've got a 16GB Sandisk card that I got from an eBay seller and it works beautifully!
    04-23-09 09:53 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD