I was looking on ebay and found a 2400mAh battery with the back cover for $17.99 and free shipping.....I was wondering if this battery will harm my storm...I only ask because I noticed SEIDO sells the 2600mAh for $59.99
    07-07-09 08:39 PM
    I got the same one and its great. Usually charge once every 3 days plus it seems my storm runs better with the added power fully charged gets 4.1 volts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 10:15 PM
    Given two batteries for the same phone, but different mA-hour (mAh) ratings.

If they're for the same phone, they will both provide the same voltage required by the phone. Neither will be harmful.

The mA-hour rating is the "capacity" of the battery, related to how long it will run before getting all discharged. Not a lot of difference, for instance, between 2400 mA-hours and 2600 mA-hours.

I recall the standard battery is 1400 mAh; your big batteries have almost twice the capacity and should last almost twice as long.

---

The complication that dissuaded me from getting the big batteries is that my new 8830 telephone won't fit into its new holster if it has a new 2400 or 2600 mAh battery on it. The skins are also limited to the standard battery.

So instead, I decided to get two additional standard sized batteries.

----

I also got a charger that holds a single, disembodied battery, to charge it outside of the phone (or while a different battery is being used in the phone). It was about $20 I think, and is such a small piece of plastic, I don't think it was worth $10, but don't get me started. It gets its power from a USB jack in its side, so any Blackberry-compatible AC or DC charger can plug into the little device and charge the battery therein.

Battery-wise, I'm pretty well prepared with 3 standard batteries. I don't miss the big battery.

----

I got the "standard" batteries on Amazon. There were some $5 batteries, but looking at the Reviews, they were frequently damaged goods: bent, used without much life remaining, poor physical condition externally, destined for the Recycling Bin.

Instead, I got my two batteries for $15 each, and they were obviously fresh and clean, and better than the normal-retail of $35 each.
    07-07-09 10:16 PM
    So the 2400 and 2600 batteries make your storm even more bulkier because they are physically bigger than the standerd battery and requires a new backcover?

07-08-09 10:21 AM
    Zomfg will the coin behind the battery door work with this so called big battery?

07-08-09 10:37 AM
    Zomfg will the coin behind the battery door work with this so called big battery?

07-08-09 10:37 AM
    So the 2400 and 2600 batteries make your storm even more bulkier because they are physically bigger than the standerd battery and requires a new backcover?

Yes, this is the case with ALL "extended" batteries for cell phones....The longer you want it to last, the bigger it has to be.
    07-08-09 10:58 AM
    Well, thats homo. I want a longer battery life but not the bigger battery that comes with it lol
    07-08-09 01:43 PM
    The longer you want it to last, the bigger it has to be.
    That's what she said!
    07-08-09 01:52 PM
    I've always been a little leary about no-name
    Batteries. I think that they could damage an expensive
    Device if they are not properly manufactured.

07-08-09 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD