I got the 1st error code, uninstalled BB messenger because all of a sudden my email disappeared and some forums said to do this. Didn't work and now get the 2nd error code. I am traveling and dont have a PC. HELP!!!!

I have manually cleared the call log and uninstalled and re-installed all apps ( there are only a few)

I would like to avoid a total wipe but whatever I need to do that I CAN do without a PC

So I'm having two error codes:

1) uncaught exception: java.lang.nullpointerexception

2) uncaught exception:application net_rim_bb_messaging_app(69) is not responding; process terminated

bb messenger is currently uninstalled and after I uninstalled it the 2nd message started to appear
    05-18-09 07:53 AM
    What friggin forum told you to uninstall BB messenger???? Any way you need to reinstall bb messenger which can only be done with a PC and Desktop Manager...
    05-18-09 08:14 AM
    I got the 1st error code, uninstalled BB messenger because all of a sudden my email disappeared and some forums said to do this. Didn't work and now get the 2nd error code. I am traveling and dont have a PC. HELP!!!!

I have manually cleared the call log and uninstalled and re-installed all apps ( there are only a few)

I would like to avoid a total wipe but whatever I need to do that I CAN do without a PC

So I'm having two error codes:

1) uncaught exception: java.lang.nullpointerexception

2) uncaught exception:application net_rim_bb_messaging_app(69) is not responding; process terminated

bb messenger is currently uninstalled and after I uninstalled it the 2nd message started to appear
    those errors are normally an indication that the OS you are using is junk...
    and the best fix is to upgrade to the latest official or Beta OS
    you can go around in circles trying to fix it but in my experience upgrading is your best bet
    05-18-09 08:21 AM
    Did battery pull (w/device on), right?

+ u probably don't need 2 reinstall bbmessenger. Deletion doesn't usually cause problems.

Call ur carrier tech support before resorting 2 wipe!
    05-18-09 08:53 AM
    I get the same two error messages! I have a BB Storm and my email and txt messages do not work. All my emails and email addresses disappeared. This sucks! I am calling Verizon tech support right after work. Let me know if anyone else has any fixes!
    05-18-09 10:25 AM
    Try this options adv options host routing table bb menu key then register now

Report back
    05-18-09 10:49 AM
    So I did the battery pull nada but can I do the os upgrade on air? I'm in east africa no pc so semi stuck.
    05-18-09 12:43 PM
    No luck, I tried it but still getting the same error codes.......
    05-19-09 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD