I am using the paper behind battery trick which has worked well even though i am skeptical to whether it can damage the battery or touch screen in the long run. To the point... i realized i was i checking out the battery cover buldge after I did a battery pull tonight. I pushed on it a little to see if it would fit on a little better... and what do you know... a couple pushes on the battery cover.. a couple clicks?? yes the phones screen was clicking from pushing on the back? this makes me a little more nervous about using the paper behind battery trick? try it out tell me what you think..
    12-04-08 09:55 PM
    Solution - call Verizon and have them send you a new phone.
    12-04-08 10:05 PM
    Until then I guess you're going to be getting clicked from behind!

LOL

I couldn't resist.
    12-04-08 10:15 PM
    i mean,, its not a problem i have to press quite hard to do it.. but it was just kinda weird when it happened... lol i highlight a message with the tip of my finger and clicked it from the back and it opened the message. HIDDEN FEATURE FROM RIM!!! hahah
    12-04-08 10:19 PM
    The battery cover is made out of metal. I have been using foam between my battery and the cover for about a week and there is no bulge. No click from pushing on the cover either..as I said, it's made out of metal and shouldn't bend that easily.
    12-04-08 10:20 PM
    how much paper are you using?
    12-04-08 10:21 PM
    its like a discount card from this store i never go to.. basically a credit card cut into a square but a bit thinner than an actual credit card.
    12-04-08 10:22 PM
    yeah...i'm only using 4 post-it notes
    12-04-08 10:24 PM
    do you think it is too much? i mean.. the battery fits in ok.. should i switch it out?
    12-04-08 10:25 PM
    The Storm screen clicks by pushing the screen back against a depressible protrusion that sits behind the screen... so of course if you stuff too much paper into the battery compartment, you'll be able to also push the depressible post forward until it clicks in against the screen.
    12-04-08 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD