So simply doing the on device thing or online thing that you all mentioned wont send all of my contacts over to the new Berry? What will it send, if anything?
    05-24-09 06:20 PM
    So simply doing the on device thing or online thing that you all mentioned wont send all of my contacts over to the new Berry? What will it send, if anything?
    just service books. you'll still have to re-sync and update any media, etc...but if you're a two berry user, then you should be doing that as you go anyway...not wait to change devices.
    05-24-09 06:23 PM
    if this is all true......wouldn't that be a huge security breech if anyone could just *228 and option 3? do they ask you for your PIN number on your account or anything?
    05-24-09 06:46 PM
    if this is all true......wouldn't that be a huge security breech if anyone could just *228 and option 3? do they ask you for your PIN number on your account or anything?
    No when you dial the *228 option 3 it will ask for the password on your acct then the 10 digit phone number you wish to use......
    05-24-09 07:11 PM
    If you are a verizon customer, there is a way to switch ESN's on their website, you would still have to dial *228 to activate, or if you are using a phone that already had been on that line you wouldnt have to do that at all, since the phone number and such is still programmed into the phone...

Alltel/Verizon Tech
    05-24-09 08:35 PM
    If you are a verizon customer, there is a way to switch ESN's on their website, you would still have to dial *228 to activate, or if you are using a phone that already had been on that line you wouldnt have to do that at all, since the phone number and such is still programmed into the phone...

Alltel/Verizon Tech
    the *228, option 3 self serve option will do the ESN change for you AND program your phone. so the internet site is only if you need to remove the BB plan or change features, etc...

and i wouldn't go around advertising that you're an employee...bad things happen. just FYI...
    05-24-09 08:41 PM
    I just got an 8330 to use as a back up to my Storm which is often having issues. It (curve) was refurb and it is a Verizon branded phone. I have tried all the things suggested here.... did the device manager device switch, changed my ESN on My Verizon but when I dial *228 I get nothing.... no dialing... nada!... Just silence and then a note the activation failed. I also have no bars either but the radio is on. Another issue here is that the number that is on the 8330 (refurb I just got) is not mine.

So, how do I change the "my number" on the 8330?
    And, then how to I get the damn thing to work!

All help is much appreciated.
    05-29-09 10:39 PM
    i switched from my storm to my newly bought curve but i dont know how to put the email that i had on my storm to the curve. does anyone know how to do that?
    05-30-09 02:23 PM
    i switched from my storm to my newly bought curve but i dont know how to put the email that i had on my storm to the curve. does anyone know how to do that?

When you go to email set up, then enter your BIS username and password that you had on your storm, it automatically should (it did for me) ask if you want to change your PIN #... Just hit the yes button and it should pull it automatically, but you could also resend the service books?

However, if you're set up on your company's BES server you'll probably need to contact them for the un/pw combo... I don't know if this is a company preference or not, but where I work they are only valid for a set period of time.
    05-30-09 02:42 PM
    i dont even remember creating a BIS username and password :-\
    05-30-09 03:21 PM
    I just got an 8330 to use as a back up to my Storm which is often having issues. It (curve) was refurb and it is a Verizon branded phone. I have tried all the things suggested here.... did the device manager device switch, changed my ESN on My Verizon but when I dial *228 I get nothing.... no dialing... nada!... Just silence and then a note the activation failed. I also have no bars either but the radio is on. Another issue here is that the number that is on the 8330 (refurb I just got) is not mine.

So, how do I change the "my number" on the 8330?
    And, then how to I get the damn thing to work!

All help is much appreciated.
    Okay here is the likely problem is the 8830 deactivated from the OLD acct?
    05-30-09 05:18 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD