Very happy Storm user here, who wont upgrade to the Storm 2 if it completely gets rid of the idea of Surepress. (I know "Surepress" is done, but we have no FACTS yet on what exactly is here to replace it.)

Plannin on using my 9530 til next summer (although i'm due for upgrade in january) then upgrading to the latest and greatest Berry around that time. The only thing that would be tough for me would be the downgrade in screen size. So I was thinkin...I could get a new Berry, and keep my 9530 as well, and successfully go thru my moods of when I would like to use the Storm or a traditional Berry. Or could I?

Since CDMA devices dont use sim cards, is this still possible???
    05-24-09 09:52 AM
    Very happy Storm user here, who wont upgrade to the Storm 2 if it completely gets rid of the idea of Surepress. (I know "Surepress" is done, but we have no FACTS yet on what exactly is here to replace it.)

Plannin on using my 9530 til next summer (although i'm due for upgrade in january) then upgrading to the latest and greatest Berry around that time. The only thing that would be tough for me would be the downgrade in screen size. So I was thinkin...I could get a new Berry, and keep my 9530 as well, and successfully go thru my moods of when I would like to use the Storm or a traditional Berry. Or could I?

You can switch between phones as much as you like...either online on right on the berry...dont even have to call cs if moving between blackberry's...
    05-24-09 10:18 AM
    How do you do this from the blackberries themselves? I knew about calling verizon, and that you can do it online, but never knew you can do it from the phone itself...that would be extremely helpful for when i go away, as I planned on getting the pearl flip when it came out, to compliment the somewhat bulky storm, for when im limited in pocket space
    05-24-09 10:26 AM
    *228 option 3 to switch phones then the normal bb stuff device switch on the bis...register hrt's
    05-24-09 10:31 AM
    Thanks, looking forward to the pearl flip release now!
    05-24-09 10:38 AM
    I don't think you can do this on verizon or sprint. ATT and Tmobile customers can just switch sim cards and change pins on the bis site.
    05-24-09 10:39 AM
    Yes you can see my post above has nothing to do with SIM cards......I have 15 BB's that I manage ( I know small) but I do it all the time...
    05-24-09 10:44 AM
    @spaciorek
    Could you show how exactly. I have a curve and a storm and sometimes would like to switch back and forth.
    05-24-09 10:47 AM
    OK so let's say storm is active phone........turn that phone off (remove battery) ...power up curve dial *228 option 3 it will ask you for the phone number you want to activate this device on.....(your storm number)..after activation....hit the bis and change the device info to the curves (pin and imei) resend service books and have fun....
    05-24-09 10:49 AM
    OK so let's say storm is active phone........turn that phone off (remove battery) ...power up curve dial *228 option 3 it will ask you for the phone number you want to activate this device on.....(your storm number)..after activation....hit the bis and change the device info to the curves (pin and imei) resend service books and have fun....

Forgive my blackberry noobiness, but what does ""hit the bis" mean?
    05-24-09 10:57 AM
    Do you have to pay an activation fee or any other cost?
    05-24-09 11:04 AM
    I never have, you are changing devices ask Verizon....BIS is the Blackberry Internet Service each provider has their own BIS
    05-24-09 11:27 AM
    I never have, you are changing devices ask Verizon....BIS is the Blackberry Internet Service each provider has their own BIS
    thanks! so it looks like managing it from the BIS makes it so you don't have to re set up your email accounts?
    05-24-09 12:40 PM
    thanks! so it looks like managing it from the BIS makes it so you don't have to re set up your email accounts?
    Correct.
    05-24-09 12:41 PM
    yea i go back and forth form storm to curve
    05-24-09 12:51 PM
    Do you have to pay an activation fee or any other cost?
    No cost for self serve...
    05-24-09 12:58 PM
    05-24-09 01:17 PM
    *228 option 3 to switch phones then the normal bb stuff device switch on the bis...register hrt's
    yep, especially if you keep your contacts and calendar, etc...synced up. all you do is activate, and update info. keep themes and what not saved to the device, works no problem for a few of my friends. they have the storm and also have to test other devices, like the pearl flip, etc...and they just switch from one to another no problem.
    05-24-09 02:11 PM
    Thanks everyone. This is GREAT NEWS! Might not even wait til next summer now, i'll prolly just upgrade in January and get either the Tour or (now that we got a nice lil review on the front page ) the Onyx! Still love my Storm 9530 to death, so to be able to have that and another Berry that I use interchangeably would be ideal!

I've gotten so accustomed to selling my previous phone to even out the costs of getting a new one (made enough off of my samsung i760 to pretty much get my Storm for free!). But Blackberries are like Jordans; new purchases dont eliminate the previous purchase, they're just a nice lil addition to the collection!
    Last edited by shaydakiss23; 05-24-09 at 02:28 PM.
    05-24-09 02:24 PM
    my storm will go to charity when i upgrade.
    05-24-09 04:26 PM
    my storm will go to charity when i upgrade.
    Have you decided which charity? I have a suggestion for that...
    05-24-09 04:27 PM
    Have you decided which charity? I have a suggestion for that...
    i'm gonna auction it and all proceeds will go to the crackberry dental association to help all of those who got "YKW"d during those days where my violent side took the better of me...
    05-24-09 04:37 PM

it is possible, it would just be a pain in the ***. You would have to activate the device you want to use each time you wanted to change. I thinkn that would be the only necessery step needed to change phones. you could transfer contacts and any media you have on one device to the other. save the media to a media card and do a backup of your contacts and restore it to the device you activate. hope that helps!
    05-24-09 06:04 PM
    Still have to change devices on the BIS or you wont get mail....or browser
    05-24-09 06:06 PM
    Still have to change devices on the BIS or you wont get mail....or browser
    is that not the case for SIM based devices? don't you still have to update the PIN and device info on the BIS site after swapping SIM card out?
    05-24-09 06:14 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD