I know this subject has been discussed before but with slightly different circumstances. I am not a heavy user of my storm, but I depend on it for my email, BBM, etc...plus I do all my banking on my device. In the past few months (since the Alltel merger) my phone has been slipping into "1xev" rather than "1XEV". I worked for VZW for years, and I know that I am losing BIS connectivity, but after updating my PRL using *228 and *22899, as well as resending my service books AND reregistering on the network via Host Routing Tables, I am not able to resolve the issue. I called tech support and they opened a trouble ticket days ago, and haven't gotten back to me (big surprise Big Red)...in any case, I had them reauthorize the phone, and nothing. I am constantly in flux between 1x, 1xev, 1X, 1XEV, and "Searching for Signal". I would think it's my device being the problem, but my roommate's storm is having similar issues and my father's curve has crap for signal also lately. To make things more confusing, I travel quite a bit and it's happening across different SIDs MANY miles apart. Not much in the cell network world baffles me, but this one has me STUMPED. If anyone else is experiencing this issue, or has resolved it, please let me know. I have exhausted everything I can troubleshoot and VZW seems disinterested in my little but LOUD complaints.
    07-22-09 07:17 PM
    I had the same problem for a while and i still kinda have the problem. I recently went to the .151 leak OS and the radio file in there is amazing. I keep 1X and 1XEV much more than i used to, and when i lose it reregestering on the Host Routing Table usually fixes the problem within a few minutes. Worth a shot if your into upgrading your OS.
    07-22-09 07:20 PM
    Have you two gone into network options>mobile network>network technology and selected 1XEV instead of Global

I had the same problem and this simple fix was a godsend!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Tone_Capone; 07-22-09 at 08:21 PM.
    07-22-09 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD