Mine was set to global, I read that 1xev is better. Is th
    ere any difference really aside from battery life?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 01:38 PM
    Mine was set to global, I read that 1xev is better. Is th
    ere any difference really aside from battery life?

use global if you are traveling, but if you only plan on staying in the states use 1xEV...you will gain battery life...

someone correct me if im wrong
    03-03-09 01:45 PM
    use global if you are traveling, but if you only plan on staying in the states use 1xEV...you will gain battery life...

someone correct me if im wrong
    Hit the nail on the head.
    03-03-09 02:57 PM
    how can i get my phone to display the 3G ?
    03-03-09 03:03 PM
    how can i get my phone to display the 3G ?
    1XEV is 3G on Verizon
    03-03-09 03:05 PM
    you're verizon it won't display 3G i don't believe. only 1xEV which is 3G service.
    03-03-09 03:06 PM
    so theres no way i can get it changed from 1xev to 3G ? 3G looks much better .
    yeah i know that 1xev is verizons 3G network crap but i just want to change it . ive seen it on other people themes but i guess they runnin on AT&T or something correct ?
    03-03-09 03:11 PM
    Verizon's 1XEV is 3G. Kind of conflicting because ATT's 3G is nothing compared to Verizon's speed. Maybe why ATT has lawsuits against them for their so called blazing 3G speed.
    03-03-09 03:12 PM
    you could get a theme that has that skinned over just browse the theme forum.
    03-03-09 03:12 PM
    03-03-09 03:15 PM
    03-03-09 03:19 PM
    wait what ? AT&T has lawsuits against Verzion ? or against AT&T but other people .
    verizon is faster correct ? i got that much right so far .

Alwaysonthemove...i thought about that some even have that "wifi" crap but nahh that that would be lame to get a theme just for that yuhh know . **** it

thank you guys though .
    03-03-09 03:23 PM
    wait what ? AT&T has lawsuits against Verzion ? or against AT&T but other people .

Alwaysonthemove...i thought about that some even have that "wifi" crap but nahh that that would be lame to get a theme just for that yuhh know . **** it

thank you guys though .
    lol, having the wifi on there is just as lame as having '3g' when you have verizon
    03-03-09 03:28 PM
    Lol this fool .
    i didn't say having either is lame .
    only that downloading a theme just to have either of the two is kind of lame .
    03-03-09 03:31 PM
    Lol this fool .
    i didn't say having either is lame .
    only that downloading a theme just to have either of the two is kind of lame .
    and having your phone say 3g when its not on the 3g network isnt also kind of lame?
    03-03-09 03:36 PM

thank you guys though .
    I have always heard that Verizon has the largest 3G coverage area but AT&T have faster 3G speeds.
    03-03-09 03:42 PM

thank you guys though .
    No....Legal firms have filed class action lawsuits against Apple/ATT for their saturated 3G network. Read the links I posted above. Granted....these lawsuits were filed 4th Qtr last year but we all know how long it takes for these to make it through the courts.
    03-03-09 03:45 PM
    I have always heard that Verizon has the largest 3G coverage area but AT&T have faster 3G speeds.
    Not according to the pundits....hence the lawsuits. Everything Ive read points to Verizon having the best coverage and speed. Friends of mine have ATT and hate the fact that I can browse way faster than they can.
    03-03-09 03:47 PM
    Verizon ftw!!!!

03-04-10 12:06 PM
    1XEV is the CDMA version of 3G. HSPA/UMTS is the GSM version of 3G. But since GSM is the big fish in the cellular pond (internationally, anyway), they appropriated the generic term ("3G") for themselves. Some versions of the BB software use "3G" instead of "1XEV" on the CDMA side, and that seems to be the direction they are going in. Too many VZW users asking about why their friends with at&t phones have "3G", why don't they?

Back to the OP's question: If you are in North America, you are only wasting battery power by setting Global unless you have an unlocked BB with an at&t or t-mobile SIM. The SIM that comes with the Storm will not use any North America GSM system, so why have it waste battery looking for a GSM system?
    03-07-10 07:48 PM
    1XEV is the CDMA version of 3G. HSPA/UMTS is the GSM version of 3G. But since GSM is the big fish in the cellular pond (internationally, anyway), they appropriated the generic term ("3G") for themselves. Some versions of the BB software use "3G" instead of "1XEV" on the CDMA side, and that seems to be the direction they are going in. Too many VZW users asking about why their friends with at&t phones have "3G", why don't they?

Back to the OP's question: If you are in North America, you are only wasting battery power by setting Global unless you have an unlocked BB with an at&t or t-mobile SIM. The SIM that comes with the Storm will not use any North America GSM system, so why have it waste battery looking for a GSM system?
    So why did you reply on a ( 1 year thread ) "what the heak "

Anyways you're right in some, the only wrong is 3G symbol is not in the cdma side its on the java side of the OS and if you are with VZW and want it, you can change the BB ribbon_app cod
    03-07-10 08:52 PM
    I plugged in my sim card when Telus upgraded to 3G+ (their words-next gen GSM really). I find faster browser response, without it affecting battery life. It may be a different situation in a more rural area.
    03-10-10 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD