Okay, i'm TOTALLY stoked after a totally successful OS upgrade to .113 and have found NO flaws so far or issues. YES *fistpump*

It has caused my addiction to accelerate to a new level. I'm hooked. I admit that I have a problem.

I'm going to get a 16 gb sd card for the storm. Why? I say why not. Just gonna do it because I can. I want to keep beefing it up. Probably should wait for the new 32's in a few months but i'm restless.

What brandname is good? I see sandisk is what comes with it. Amazon has them for about $40. I also see there are two different kinds when you do a search. Which sd card do you choose? my first guess is the sdhc, the other is an sd something or other else.....

Yes I would like to see a shiny new OS .2xx gold code come out OTA sometime that is so awesome it blows us all away. But .113 will CERTAINLY do me for now. Therefore i'm going to tweak and tune it in other ways....
    04-18-09 01:37 PM
    have you loaded music/movies onto the current 8GB card?
    04-18-09 01:45 PM
    sdhc is what i use in my curve
    04-18-09 01:46 PM
    have you loaded music/movies onto the current 8GB card?
    Oh yea but I can d/l them to my computer with the usb chord in a snap of a finger. Then when I insert the new card I can just push the content on to the new card.
    04-18-09 01:55 PM
    MicroSdhc is required. Comes in two flavors.... Class 2 ($40) and Class 4 ($90 and twice as fast.). Check the fine print.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 02:00 PM
    Oh yea but I can d/l them to my computer with the usb chord in a snap of a finger. Then when I insert the new card I can just push the content on to the new card.
    yes i know how to that is not the point. how much space have you taken up on your current card. do you have 1000 or more song that you want to put on the card?
    04-18-09 02:11 PM
    I am currently using the 16gb micro sdhc card in my storm and agree with you that there is no reason why not to upgrade if you can afford it. I have used both the class 2 and class 4 16gb micro sdhc cards on my device and haven't noticed any significant difference between the two. There is some speed difference when transferring files between the computer and device but I didn't really see any difference when accessing files on the device. If you want to save money, go with the class 2 and use the money that you saved to invest in the 32 gb once it is released.

04-18-09 02:44 PM
    i read you can only use an 8 gb memory card
    04-18-09 02:48 PM
    The storm can only use up to a 16gb card, max. I believe it says that on the box or on verizon's site if you need proof
    04-18-09 02:55 PM
    i read you can only use an 8 gb memory card
    With the current OS (or any device with 4.6.0 or later), the storm is capable of running up to a 32 GB card.

Media Card Sizes Supported By BlackBerry Devices

04-18-09 02:55 PM
    I have an A-Data Class 6 16GB card in mine. I've noticed a slight increase in speed when going through photos and what not, but other than that I haven't noticed any performance advantages. Still, since the Class 6's are down to about $60 now, it might be worth it, especially if you're thumbing through and rotating photos a lot. Oh yeah, the pictures also save a bit faster.

And yes, the Storm will support 32GB when they are available. The reason 16GB was printed on the box is because that's the biggest card you can get right now. The O.S. supports 32 though.
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 04-18-09 at 03:45 PM. Reason: edit
    04-18-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD