Is there a way to byass the 160 character count while texting that doesn't involve buying an app from the app store?
    08-19-09 12:01 AM
    Why yes there is. Start a text message, wait till it hits 160 or close, save draft. Start new message, type what u have to say until limit, save draft, type, save, type save, type save. Then send them in order. Easier said than done. Time consuming: maybe. Inexpensive: yes.
    08-19-09 12:02 AM
    is there an app out there to fix this problem? i'd happily buy it...

my Curve used to send any texts in 2 different texts if i went over the 160 characters max.....
    08-19-09 12:06 AM
    Beyond160 is an app for that. i personally didn't like the trial. Should be buried in the 3rd party apps section, or in the crackberry store [maybe]. Just do a search and I'm sure you'll find it.
    08-19-09 12:10 AM
    08-19-09 05:50 AM
    I like the app (Beyond160) its nice to be able to just open it from your SMS screen as a reply.
    08-19-09 03:35 PM
    I've said this here before (and been flamed for it before), but MMS has a 1000 character count, so you can send much larger messages (and still send to pretty much everyone who can receive SMS messages).

Yeah, it's not perfect, and yes, you kind have to plan ahead before you start typing, but it does let you fit it all into one message AND it's free!

Just because it's MMS doesn't mean you have to attach a pic, video or sound either...it can be text only
    08-19-09 04:20 PM
    MMS is good, it is a quick answer, but what if the recipient doesn't have MMS supported phone?

unfortunately you're confined to the non-EMS capabilities of sms anyway, so that would be a moot point...good luck finding a non-MMS phone that supports EMS...
    08-19-09 04:31 PM
    Beyond160 is well worth the 7 bucks. Makes texting quite easy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 04:56 PM
    OR... stop using sms, cus it sucks!!! email, BBM and I.M. apps are where it's at, sms is for sports alerts and weather updates!
    08-19-09 05:14 PM
    OR... stop using sms, cus it sucks!!! email, BBM and I.M. apps are where it's at, sms is for sports alerts and weather updates!
    Yeah because everyone I want to send a text to can receive email, bbm, and IMs on their phone.

Every single one.
    08-19-09 06:08 PM
    sounds like you need to upgrade your friends OS, unfortunately all that is available is some leaked software from kyzerbenistan, but it sounds legit...but don't complain if your friends reboot daily, at least they'll have improved funcitonality when they ARE running
    08-19-09 06:11 PM
    MMS is good, it is a quick answer, but what if the recipient doesn't have MMS supported phone?

unfortunately you're confined to the non-EMS capabilities of sms anyway, so that would be a moot point...good luck finding a non-MMS phone that supports EMS...
    Not to sound like an *****...but are there really any phones out there that support SMS and not MMS these days? Not everyone I know has a "smart phone", so often SMS is my only choice for non-voice communications (over IM or email), but I seriously know no one, not even my 70 year old mom who doesn't even "understand" text messaging, that has a phone that doesn't support MMS.

I mean yeah, maybe if you still got one of these...
    08-19-09 06:34 PM
    Not to sound like an *****...
    Really?!?!? "ID10T" gets the censorship treatment?
    08-19-09 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD