Well im currently a freshman in high school.
    My whole family has Blackberry world editions. im stuck with an ENv.
    I was crazy of the curve, but now the storm has taken my choice.
    Im currently enrolled with Verizon and was wondering when the Storm will be released? im thinking about getting it for Christmas.

I currently own 2 websites. Email is a must for me. Also, is the maps app free?
    10-11-08 03:05 PM
    You are 14 and own 2 websites?!? I would never think that a 14 year old kid needs a blackberry, but if your entire family have blackberries and you need a device for email, then go ahead. I have gotten the impression that BlackBerry maps is a free app, so you can use that.
    10-11-08 03:08 PM
    GPS should be open and free on the Storm for a change as apposed to the other 8xxx series BBs from VZW. I gota tell ya, when I first read the title, I was going to answer no, but with the idea that you should rather look for a phone that offers email capabilities and browsing onboard rather then the proxy like of a BB. However, since reading that your whole family is on BBs through VZW and you've got email needs and sounds like you're a web designer, the Storm might not be a bad fit for you. Basically, my idea is, if you have professional needs from the device, then you should be able to use it to it's extent. If you aren't a professional and just want the latest "fad" to be "cool" and then you're going to also throw in that you don't have the money to afford it, then it's not for you.

Based on the limited level and aspect of the info you provided, I'd wager that it would probably fit for your needs 78-85%.
    10-11-08 03:12 PM
    Whats the price going to be on it?
    10-11-08 03:14 PM
    lol, maybe I spoke too soon. We don't know yet.
    10-11-08 03:25 PM
    xDhahahah. Hopefully not over 250ish with new contract.
    10-11-08 04:05 PM
    14 years old. Woldn't recommend starteding off your blackberry experience with the Storm, maybe a pearl or curve. just IMO
    10-11-08 04:13 PM
    14 years old. Woldn't recommend starteding off your blackberry experience with the Storm, maybe a pearl or curve. just IMO
    Whats wrong with a storm as a first?
    10-11-08 04:27 PM
    ^ nothing. Get whatever BlackBerry you think would fit your needs best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-08 04:36 PM
    And to add to what I said, age dosen't matter as much as what you need the phone for.

10-11-08 04:39 PM
    does anyone have a clue what the price might be?
    10-11-08 04:39 PM
    I would say $299-399 with a contract, but I'm not sure.

10-11-08 04:44 PM
    I mentioned before that it'll probably be $249.99 with 2 year contract, $599 retail. I guess we'll see.
    10-11-08 09:56 PM
    ^ nothing. Get whatever BlackBerry you think would fit your needs best.
    Agreed. Age is not an issue. Desire for email + texting + maps + web access + cool toy = Storm (or your BB of choice)

I hate when I see people write "well, you're too young and really don't need blah blah blah"

If we were talking about "I am 17, am I too young for a 300 HP WRX STI", that's a different story (would YOU want to share the road with a teen driving that beast)?
    10-11-08 11:13 PM
    If we were talking about "I am 17, am I too young for a 300 HP WRX STI", that's a different story (would YOU want to share the road with a teen driving that beast)?
    I dunno man, that 528MHz proc speed might be too much for him to handle.
    10-11-08 11:24 PM
    yes get a storm and love it lol..
    If its what you like, and can do what you would like it to do. then its 4 you!!
    10-11-08 11:30 PM
    I don't think having MySpace and Facebook profiles counts as owning websites.........

10-12-08 08:54 AM
    I don't think having MySpace and Facebook profiles counts as owning websites.........

Lol. Nice. But seriously, I owned a few websites when I was 14-16 and if I had a BB or any other device that is push email capable, I would have liked it a lot.
    10-12-08 01:14 PM
    Yes the Storm will be just fine for you regardless of your age. It has everything Blackberrys are known for and then some. As long as you're fine with a form of touch, it's a go.
    10-12-08 01:18 PM

lol ouch
    10-12-08 01:32 PM
    Haha hialrious. Myspace is for fags
    10-12-08 02:03 PM
    When I get the Storm and VZW gets something bigger and better and I like it I will be giving the Storm to my 14yr old; and he will love it............
    He has seen it and he likes it. Besides all the kids are sporting the Iphone; and you'll have the coolness of a new phone.
    Hope that helps
    10-12-08 02:08 PM
    These threads can get frustrating. Would you really not get the Storm of all the people here who don't know you from Adam told you th�� you should not? Wait until it comes out and go play with it. If you like it and have some means to get the phone (PLEASE do not post "help me convince my parents").

10-12-08 02:19 PM
    These threads can get frustrating. Would you really not get the Storm of all the people here who don't know you from Adam told you th�� you should not? Wait until it comes out and go play with it. If you like it and have some means to get the phone (PLEASE do not post "help me convince my parents").

I am with Slurg on this one. So tired of threads like these.
    10-12-08 02:25 PM
    Haha hialrious. Myspace is for fags
    Let's not go there. This is a family friendly space for a region.
    10-12-08 02:30 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD