How do you tell where / when your storm was made
    01-01-09 04:37 AM
    How do you tell where / when your storm was made

UGH!

It has been mentioned in the post three times already, please read/re-read the thread..
    01-01-09 08:17 AM
    On the white sticker on the box that your storm came in, at the bottom right above where it says

"Handheld Made In ________"

There are numbers, mine say: 131208, so this means that mine was made on Dec 13, 2008

Hope that helps.....
    01-01-09 08:37 AM
    Mine was made in Canada on November 13, 2008 (a 19502-002). I got it the first day, November 21st. I started having screen click issues after two weeks. Tried the torx, business card and tape tricks, which worked for a while. Now the screen randomly stops clicking completely. It now works best with the battery door off, but that doesn't fix the problem either.

My replacement arrives tomorrow. I'm reading that the 19502's seem to have more screen issues than others.
    01-01-09 02:09 PM
    So I got my storm during the initial release. Was made in Mexico PRD-19502-002. Phone worked great. Although two problems cropped up. Screen click uniformity was not good and the green phone send button was "loose". I tried the business card mod and then the torx screw mod. Screen click improved a great deal but developed crunch in the left hand side of screen (in portrait mode). Decided to call for replacement last weekend. VZW tech support gave me no trouble. Explained my problem and they sent me a replacement phone. I did not ask for a new phone did not check if was going to be refurb, just decided to test my luck. New phone arrived yesterday.

Replacement phone arrived in small brown cardboard box labeled FRU. Phone is BRAND NEW, with protective plastic stickers all over it. Came with phone, SIM card and battery door cover only. No accessories, no battery, no microSD card. New phone was made in Mexico PRD-21009 mfg date 12.17.2008. Click screen is about the same as the old screen after the torx mod with the exception of no screen crunch on the left side. Bottom row of hard keys are more flush and uniform in feel, no loose keys. Biggest difference is the gap between the bottom row of hard buttons and the screen. The gap on the new phone is MUCH smaller. Would say that the gap is about 1/2 of the size of the gap on the 19502 production unit. I did have significant dust problems on the original even though I always holster in a slip case. So far, I am happy with the replacement. Will test for a few days before sending the original unit back. I anticipate dust problems on the new unit but will live with it.

Good luck to all of those who replace their original units. If you have a 19502 unit it may not be a bad idea to get a replacement if you are having any problems whatsoever while you still have the chance to get a new unit as opposed to refurb. YMMV
    I still have the Canda 19502 unit with NO problems. Good job on the replacement though! Glad it worked for you
    01-01-09 02:19 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD