When I receive a notification of e-mail or text message, by the time I pull my Storm out of my carrycase...message is openned and on the screen.

Very strange...I am on 2nd Storm (less than 30 days), dowloaded .109 to both, this problem did not happen with 1st.

I use the lock button when putting away and have side pouch with magnets for sleep mode.

Also I notice, when removing from carrycase as regular occurance, lock turns itself off.

Anyone else? Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
    03-30-09 11:21 PM
    When I receive a notification of e-mail or text message, by the time I pull my Storm out of my carrycase...message is openned and on the screen.

Very strange...I am on 2nd Storm (less than 30 days), dowloaded .109 to both, this problem did not happen with 1st.

I use the lock button when putting away and have side pouch with magnets for sleep mode.

Also I notice, when removing from carrycase as regular occurance, lock turns itself off.

Anyone else? Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
    Just trying to get a response.
    03-31-09 05:48 PM
    The same thing happens on my phone, except the phone stays locked. If I unlock within about 10-20 seconds the message is displayed. If I wait longer than that, then the phone unlocks on the home screen and I have to select the message folder.

I believe it is designed to be intuitive. If you pull out your blackberry within a few seconds of a new message arriving, the phone assumes you intended to read the message and displays it for you. If you wait and unlock later the phone goes to the home screen to let you choose what to do.
    03-31-09 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD