So aside that i am listed as new - i've utilized this site for a long time with my storm. This is my third one i have had and ever since the .148 push it seems to get progressively slower. I've done all the stuff recommended (by verizon and ya'll on here as well) batt pulls, memory wipes and OS reinstalls... etc etc. It jumps the memory back up to about 20 then drops back to 0.

Now I go to my phone - runs slow as **** and look at the application memory and it shows me i have 0 app memory. Is there any way to at least keep it so i can answer a phone call??? I have deleted all my 3rd party apps (fbook, gmaps and the bb app store) and the recent ones pushed by verizon.

but it shows my app memory at 0.0 kB. wtf???

I know there are threads about this - has anyone had it drop this low and is there really any way to try and keep my memory up slightly. I really like the phone and works great with school and work but come one now. Don't fail me now RIM
    06-30-09 12:19 AM
    i recommend downloading quickpull for schedule daily battery pulls works awesome! also thats very unusual that with no apps your memory is fluctuating so much

so do you have any other apps you think are harmless?

coz apps like weatherbug and viigo or whatever its called have known memory leaks etc
    Last edited by tehBrad; 06-30-09 at 12:29 AM.
    06-30-09 12:25 AM
    positive. i have a picture but idk how to post it on here. let me figure it out hld on.
    06-30-09 12:27 AM
    okay here is the screenshot of my memory - just did a bat pull, turned on to 29.7mb and after 5 min it is down to 12 mb.
    06-30-09 12:32 AM
    i rlly have no idea then sorry

i have 68 (games/apps) haha and sit at 13mb

the only thing i can say is to download quickpull
    06-30-09 12:36 AM
    i was going to originally but it seems having more applications regardless of the use just sucks the life out of it even faster. Even with this thing bone dry it still gets shuttered within an hour or two. this is redic.
    06-30-09 12:59 AM
    If you created a backup file before all of your wipes and installs of the OS, make sure you only restore your Contacts/Adresss Book, Calendar, SMS, MMS, Messages. ( To select which files to restore go tothe Advanced Options of Backup/Restore)

Don't restore your on-board memory device because that can also be a culprit.

I guess if none of that stuff works, then maybe your Storm's Hardware is messed up.

Maybe someone else more intelligent BB person can help you out, because this is all i know hehehe

The only time i reached 0.0 mb of Application memory was way back in the beta OSs with like .86 or something. The phone would not operate and if it did with the most horrible lag to think of and taking atleast 45-1 min to respond. Thank goodness it doesn't happen anymore.

This may be irrelevant since you deleted all your apps but

---It's probably an app that you downloaded that is sucking away the memory with it's memory leaks. Find the app and eliminate it. If you have a weather app that updates set it to update in an hour or 2. DL quickpull and schedule it to restart your phone when you aren't using it...like when you sleep...

Are you closing your Apps all the way? Make sure you close your apps all the way.----
    Last edited by torque916; 06-30-09 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Because I needed to edit it =0
    06-30-09 03:47 AM
    Welcome to the club....i've been going all over crackberry to find out whats causing me the problem and after I did everything except flashing the whole thing and using crackmem.....nothing works....my bb is aging everyday...my memory goes lower and lower and lower by the day until i hit the 0kb and then i can't do anything but reboot.....i'm considering quickpull or just flash this whole thing away.....still thinking.....
    06-30-09 04:32 AM
    Do you use a theme other than the default? Some of them can eat memory.
    06-30-09 04:47 AM
    Asking me? No no........0 themes....never downloaded and never installed!!
    06-30-09 05:12 AM
    Nothing like themes or non-factory items on my blackberry now (it sucks now too seems boring to me now). And Torque - i have done that already. the only thing i have not whipped is my memory card.
    06-30-09 08:49 AM
    Hey all. Jump over to the OS Discussion forum and read the resolved Memory leak thread. Follow those instructions and you should see 90% improvement. Most of the thread is testimonials as to how well it works, so just review first few posts for instruction. Basically many of us restored corrupt data during .148 or other OS updates. So the point is to wipe the device and then reinstall os without full restore. Then you only restore what you absolutely must. Everyone who has tried thia raves about it. Give it a shot if you are having issues described above.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 09:19 AM
    Follow the link in my sig to increase your file free memory
    06-30-09 10:33 AM
    If this is your 3rd Storm and they all behaved the same way, then the issue is the user. Don't get upset by this, I'm just saying that all other variables have been exhausted. There is something that you're doing or not doing that's causing this to happen, there's simply no other logical explanation. I know you said you've done a security wipe, but after that, do you start from scratch with your setup or are you restoring from a backup. If you're restoring from a backup, that might be part of your problem. If there's something wacky with any of the databases on the phone, then the restore will completely undo what the scurity wipe did.

You need to go into Options/Status and hit Menu/Database Sizes and post that info on here. It's easier if you do it from the wap site as the you can Copy Sizes and simply switch to the browser on the wap and paste it in the post field and hit post. Simple... If you are doing a security wipe and then a full restore, I would suggest you wipe it again and just restore select things, like your Contacts and Calendar and such, but leave the other non-personal databases alone.

Also, pull the stupid VZW apps off like Visual Voicemail and VZNav, all they do is take up space.
    06-30-09 10:43 AM
    Last night I did a complete wipe of the phone using JL_Cmder and then only restored my calendar and contacts (using google sync). I then reinstalled my apps using the OTA links. (I didn't reinstall a few apps that I have never used, like Evernote. I like the concept of EN and having notes synced up, but the mobile version isn't that user friendly so I never used it.)

Normally, I would only boot with about 25MB and quickly go down into the 15MB~ range. Often I would have 1-5MB after a day or so of moderate usage.

Right now I have 30MB, which is more than I would normally have after a bootup!! I even have twitter running, browsed the web a bit and browsed through my pictures. I suspect Worldmate Live takes a chunk of memory as well, but I really like that app.

I think it's true that if you upgrade OS's, your databases can get corrupted. So when you restore using AppLoader/DM, the corrupted databases get carried over and causes huge memory leaks. A fresh install is needed from time to time. I noticed that backing up my phone doesn't take as long as well. I'm guessing it's because the databases are no longer corrupted with extraneous garbage data.
    06-30-09 01:39 PM
    If this is your 3rd Storm and they all behaved the same way, then the issue is the user. Don't get upset by this, I'm just saying that all other variables have been exhausted. There is something that you're doing or not doing that's causing this to happen, there's simply no other logical explanation. I know you said you've done a security wipe, but after that, do you start from scratch with your setup or are you restoring from a backup. If you're restoring from a backup, that might be part of your problem. If there's something wacky with any of the databases on the phone, then the restore will completely undo what the scurity wipe did.
    No Offense taken Civic - to my defense though. The first one i broke - sat on the screen at a party and replaced it and the second one my sister dropped into the ocean. so this is the first one i have had massive memory leak issues with. It seems it got worse with the update to .148 so maybe there is a corrupt file in it somewhere. I'll try and do a full wipe and only put on the essentials. I'd rather not get a new berry since this will be my 6th one within a year and resending PIN"s gets annoying.
    07-01-09 05:35 PM
    .....I totally understand.....I lost my first one from leaving it on the car roof and drove away (yes, i was drunk - at least that was what I thought I did).....

About memory leak, for some odd reason yesterday while i was downloading the .282 and cursing my bold along the way I rebooted it after I added 1 new application (CaptureIt - so that I can post my database sizes and memory into this leaking thread) I ended up with 25MB to begin with which gradually decreases to 13.7MB and gets steady. This is with 2 open apps (at intervals) of which are Google Latitude and MSN.....before I use to open these 2 24-7 and it was ok, now...not so anymore......And I have no idea what I did aside from installing 1 more application and cursing it......
    07-01-09 10:57 PM
    What if you don't use DM because you have a mac? What should i do?
    07-28-09 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD