09-20-09 06:46 PM
39 12
tools
    Ok I am a graphics guy. I live in Photoshop for a living. I've designed highly rated skins for Windowblinds, DesktopX and other eye-candy type apps. So of course when I got my Storm the first thing I wanted to do was tweak the appearance.

I can honestly say after looking at dozens of themes and actually paying for several Elecite skins that I am most happy with the default Zen theme. Combined with the right wallpaper, it's simplicity is actually appealing.

Sure, I wish it was a little more active with the OS but for now, I'm happy with it.
    09-14-09 09:36 AM
    Ive been using ther original theme since day one, its the only one I prefer.

Edit: Between themes destroying memory, making my phone act up, and some actually looking horrible after I downloaded it, like you said all you need is the perfect wallpaper.
    Last edited by CB.Mike-D; 09-14-09 at 09:49 AM.
    09-14-09 09:40 AM
    I have used the original from day one as well. It does everything I need to do. My expierence with others is slow response.
    09-14-09 09:43 AM
    I prefer it also, at least until they update plazmic and make themes more effecient.

but hey, on a side note, what themes have you made for WB? im an active member in that community.
    09-14-09 09:47 AM
    try enso, elle or MIRO....then get back to me about the default theme
    09-14-09 09:48 AM
    but hey, on a side note, what themes have you made for WB? im an active member in that community.
    It's been a while but I think my stuff is still on Wincustomize. Look up DaWebMassa. Two of them would be Shark Attack Blues for WB was a 9 (of 10) last I checked and my Warehouse theme for DesktopX still holds a 10 rating I believe.
    09-14-09 09:52 AM
    I prefer the default theme as well. There are certain themes I do like but the slowness of my phone and memory hogging after downloading was a deal breaker.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 09:53 AM
    I'm with Zen too. I really like Elecite but so many of them dont get along with the Storm OS. I'm at the point where the device is running efficiently, I dont need anymore headaches.
    09-14-09 09:54 AM
    I prefer the default theme as well. There are certain themes I do like but the slowness of my phone and memory hogging after downloading was a deal breaker.
    Yes, this without question affected my like of them. Another thing that bugged me was that I paid for several themes from Elecite and they obviously had enhanced features but not a stitch of help or hints on how to use/modify them.
    09-14-09 09:55 AM
    This is the wallpaper I am using currently. It was an image I found long ago and was too small to do anything with on the PC but after some PS tweaking works great with the Zen theme.
    09-14-09 10:09 AM
    Ok I am a graphics guy. I live in Photoshop for a living. I've designed highly rated skins for Windowblinds, DesktopX and other eye-candy type apps. So of course when I got my Storm the first thing I wanted to do was tweak the appearance.

I can honestly say after looking at dozens of themes and actually paying for several Elecite skins that I am most happy with the default Zen theme. Combined with the right wallpaper, it's simplicity is actually appealing.

Sure, I wish it was a little more active with the OS but for now, I'm happy with it.
    I got the Corvette theme free off CB and it works fine.
    09-14-09 10:12 AM
    no offense to Elecite, but the themes are just to over the top IMO. Plus they are expensive and you cant try before you buy.

The ones i mentioned before are minimal and have transparent icons that make any wallpaper pop. The hidden docks are perfect too for funtionality.

Check them out if you havent.
    09-14-09 10:12 AM
    no offense to Elecite, but the themes are just to over the top IMO. Plus they are expensive and you cant try before you buy.

The ones i mentioned before are minimal and have transparent icons that make any wallpaper pop. The hidden docks are perfect too for funtionality.

Check them out if you havent.
    Can you point me to where I can find them?
    09-14-09 10:47 AM
    All are listed right now on the first page of the theme section

http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/
    09-14-09 10:50 AM
    Maybe I am missing something but I don't see any try-before-you-buy for these themes either.
    09-14-09 11:16 AM
    enso and elle are free....
    09-14-09 11:26 AM
    I like the way they look but waiting to hear on the thread if they work with .167

Still like the look of Zen though.
    09-14-09 11:45 AM
    Howarmat - Wish theme do you use/prefer?
    It doesn't cause any lagging or memory leak issues?
    Speed for me is key, granted I haven't tried many themes. But the few I have, all lagged the phone at least some.
    09-14-09 11:45 AM
    MIRO right now, ENSO before that. both are great

As for working on 167, no themes work on 167. Sorry if you didnt realize that already.
    09-14-09 11:52 AM
    More and more I am realizing I should have stuck with .151 but that's for another thread.
    09-14-09 11:54 AM
    Enso does't work on 151 anyways.....at least not for me. Had to reboot in safe mode.
    09-14-09 12:07 PM
    You're awesome.
    09-14-09 12:10 PM
    How many themes do you think is to much to keep on your phone ???

1? 2? 3...
    09-14-09 02:06 PM
    more than 1 besiades default is too many IMO
    09-14-09 02:13 PM
    more than 1 besiades default is too many IMO
    Looking at getting the elle theme you suggested, hows memory with that loaded up do you know ?
    09-14-09 02:28 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD