Did a little work on the Droid version tonight and got the SSID name up I think, I don't have an S2 so no wifi so no way to test. I think it is what is called "Carrier" in Theme Builder as that was the only item besides profiles that I did not have visible previously.

The only issues (I think) I still have with the backdrop now it that:

1. The backdrop cannot be hidden, after opening calendar Today, with the Message button (the message button cannot simutaneously hide and show the backdrop)

2. When the calendar Today is up the backdrop goes away but not the list after hitting the send button (If anyone knows the code to access the hard keys please let me know)

I separated SMS/MMS from email again in hopes it will allow sms to be viewed (I believe in 5.0 OS sms cannot be viewed in Today, but if anyone knows differently let me know so I can get that working properly)

Give it a whirl and let me know if I am moving in the right direction with this. Thanks for all your support, that's what makes this a great forum.

Jon
    12-31-09 09:48 PM
    Did a little work on the Droid version tonight and got the SSID name up I think, I don't have an S2 so no wifi so no way to test. I think it is what is called "Carrier" in Theme Builder as that was the only item besides profiles that I did not have visible previously.

The only issues (I think) I still have with the backdrop now it that:

1. The backdrop cannot be hidden, after opening calendar Today, with the Message button (the message button cannot simutaneously hide and show the backdrop)

2. When the calendar Today is up the backdrop goes away but not the list after hitting the send button (If anyone knows the code to access the hard keys please let me know)

I separated SMS/MMS from email again in hopes it will allow sms to be viewed (I believe in 5.0 OS sms cannot be viewed in Today, but if anyone knows differently let me know so I can get that working properly)

Give it a whirl and let me know if I am moving in the right direction with this. Thanks for all your support, that's what makes this a great forum.

Jon
    Yes, you nailed the SSID thing; wanted to let you know going into the New Year that your efforts are succeeding and are very much appreciated.

Not sure if you had said that you were able to connect with Dhoch; his new Transparency them does the same shadow backdrop thing you are doing with messages & calendar today; somehow he has successfully found a way to balance those elements - so there is hope that you will be able to as well.

btw - I also love how you use magnified fonts when you scroll through menus; also how you use a really large font for an incoming phone message; many themers use the default miniscule font for incoming calls.

I just bought Berry Weather today, so I can fully appreciate all of the elements that you've built into the theme.

It is my pleasure to help you improve your work by way of testing & feedback; obviously it is not a selfless act since I get to benefit from the fruits of your labor.

Here's hoping that you & yours have a happy & healthy new year.
    12-31-09 10:39 PM
    looks like the backdrop doesnt show up when you hit the message icon with a new message unless you hit the calander first. wifi and blue tooth are good and the SSID shows up now. (see screen shot) I have the berry weather top margin set at 60 (the picture below is set at 50) and the dropdown covers it perfectly. Only odd thing is the wifi, blue tooth, and gps/e911 icon are all overlapped on the app screen, but I think I read in the thread that is a plazmic thing. anyway here's what it looks like on the storm 2
    I do really like the droid version, think Ill stick with that over the black icons. Thanks again for all your hard work
    Last edited by area52; 12-31-09 at 10:42 PM.
    12-31-09 10:40 PM
    message shaded drop down still doesn't work...my advice is to put THAT back to the way it was...calender today seems to be back to normal.

Thanks
    12-31-09 10:54 PM
    In my testing it worked perfectly with the exception of the 2 items I mentioned. I guess there is something about these phones that make one work and not another. I will just put it back to the original way it was. Will do that later today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 04:15 AM
    I really appreciate your work on this. This theme rocks!
    01-01-10 04:40 AM
    01-02-10 07:07 AM
    I reset the Droid theme to it original settings for the backdrop actions, sorry I could not get it to work properly.
    01-02-10 07:34 AM
    Thanks Jon....I have no issues at all with the way you have this working now. I wouldn't sweat it. It's the best theme out there...Hands Down !!!!
    01-02-10 08:47 AM
    i didnt download the lastest version .. but .. as you can see i dont like to mess with perfection .. havent taken this theme off my phone yet .. Great work Jax!! Its really appreciated..
    01-02-10 09:01 AM
    I agree. Best theme out there!

01-02-10 09:22 AM
    I reset the Droid theme to it original settings for the backdrop actions, sorry I could not get it to work properly.
    Thanks. I am updating now and will report back!
    01-02-10 09:47 AM
    I have downloaded and there is still a problem with the background going away and the message still showing on the screen.
    01-02-10 01:41 PM
    I have downloaded and there is still a problem with the background going away and the message still showing on the screen.
    I am extremely close to a resolution on this, I just want to make d*** sure it works right before I release it here.
    01-02-10 09:26 PM
    Thanks. We thank you for all the hard work!

01-02-10 09:54 PM
    Jon's got it fixed...I tested it and it's perfect !!! It will be up soon....and you will be very pleased!! What a FANTASTIC theme....and a great builder dedicated to getting it flawless !!! You are the greatest Jon !!! Thanks!!
    01-02-10 10:32 PM
    Never doubted him for a minute.

01-02-10 10:55 PM
    Never doubted him for a minute.

LOL...me either !!
    01-02-10 10:58 PM
    any chance of changing the BBM icon to the same as it is on the Nexus theme?
    01-03-10 12:41 AM
    I'm just wondering if this perfection is gonna grace us tonight or if maybe tomorrow? Really wanting tonight if possible jax. Please?

01-03-10 12:45 AM
    I will put it up Sunday night when I get off work. I wanted to wait till my. Testers gave all their input. Thanks

01-03-10 04:12 AM
    any chance of changing the BBM icon to the same as it is on the Nexus theme?
    Yes I can do this, I will add to next build.

01-03-10 04:15 AM
    The Droid theme has been updated to reflect the fixed hidden today/calendar backdrop (tested and approved), a new BBM icon, and a new position for SSID under the WIFI icon (when enabled - S2 only).
    Also new Droid Unread messages icon and notification icon (red star).
    01-03-10 04:17 PM
    Exceptional Jon !!! Thanks...

01-03-10 04:27 PM
    Awesome! Thank you.

01-03-10 04:49 PM
269 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD