Ok. I am really confused. I donwloaded the theme. It looks nice but it doesn't seem to match the screen shots posted. The big differences are the homescreen icons and the today calendar.

1) The home screen icons have small colored boxes around the icons. The screenshots don't have this. It is nice to have the icons without the boxes becasue they take away from the wallpaper.
    2) The calendar today info displays over top of the WeatherBerry icon. Because of this you really can't read the calendar info. In the screen shot on page one there is a black box that hides the WeatherBerry info so that you can still read the calendar info.

Am I doing something wrong or do I need to make adjustments somewhere? Maybe got the wrong download? Thanks for the help.

Edit: I see now that the black boxes for the today screen shows up if I touch the small icons embeded in the theme. They do not pop up when you tap the actual homescreen icon. That will take some getting used to.
    The icons shown in the screen shot are all 3rd party icons, therefor not the themes proprietary icons.
    12-08-09 02:43 PM
    The icons shown in the screen shot are all 3rd party icons, therefor not the themes proprietary icons.
    My fault...they're my screenshots.

I had already had this theme set up as "mine"...for a coupla days as we tested it and tweaked a few things. So when I posted screen shots you got to see exacly how I use it...but as it's FREE...try it. IF you like it...send jaxjon a DONATION....

If you use berryweather 2 and like the berryweather wallpaper...and want a berryweather hotspot on main screen...there is nothing else out there like it...at this point anyway.
    12-08-09 09:48 PM
    I still absolutely love this theme...I would like to see what it would be like with different icons though. Also could the messages and calendar boxes be alittle more transparent?
    12-08-09 10:03 PM
    I still absolutely love this theme...I would like to see what it would be like with different icons though. Also could the messages and calendar boxes be alittle more transparent?
    . That was one of the things we were "tweaking". We darkened it so the berryweather wallpaper did not "bleed" through and make calendar / messages entries hard to read...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 08:31 AM
    love this theme! but i do seem to be experiencing some memmory leak...is it just me? Any more build updates coming?.....by the way, noticed Christiansburg, VA in the opening screen shot..i live in Radford.
    12-09-09 08:39 AM
    love this theme! but i do seem to be experiencing some memmory leak...is it just me? Any more build updates coming?.....by the way, noticed Christiansburg, VA in the opening screen shot..i live in Radford.
    We're neighbors then...have son at RU.

12-09-09 09:15 AM
    BTW...you're memory leak is most likely caused by something else...have used this theme and original X1 for a long time and have never experienced any leakage...

12-09-09 09:17 AM
    Seems like every theme caused a memory leak for the last month I had my Storm...now I have a Storm 2 I realize there is no such thing as a memory leak...the problem is with the Storm 1 itself! Just my opinion of course...
    12-09-09 12:40 PM
    Will this theme work with Storm 2? My wife is upgrading her phone to one, she really enjoys the look ofthistheme on my phone.

I just wish that after an icon, email, or calendar event is pushed from one of the popups (whether iit is one of the 10 icons, the unread messages, or the calendar events) that those objects would minimize automatically without having to do it manually when returning to the home screen. This way the home screen is fresh and clean.
    12-09-09 01:12 PM
    Will this theme work with Storm 2? My wife is upgrading her phone to one, she really enjoys the look ofthistheme on my phone.

I just wish that after an icon, email, or calendar event is pushed from one of the popups (whether iit is one of the 10 icons, the unread messages, or the calendar events) that those objects would minimize automatically without having to do it manually when returning to the home screen. This way the home screen is fresh and clean.
    Yes this will work on the S2!

The objects are set to retain focus when pressed. That way if you want your calendar up you don't have to worry about having to press calendar to bring it up more than once. I can set it to lose focus, but I'm not sure that is what most people would want as it is a new option to 5.0. Good question though as to which is the better option. Guess it depends on your individual needs, it is hard to make everyone happy, so we, as developers kind of go with what the majority wants or is used to in these cases.

*Edit - I checked it out and the today area stays up even with the option to lose focus. Only way to get rid of it is to focus on another icon/hot spot.
    Last edited by jaxjon; 12-09-09 at 03:00 PM.
    12-09-09 02:29 PM
    Working on a black icon version now. Should be done soon. Will post in OP with screen shot when it is ready.
    12-09-09 05:48 PM
    Working on a black icon version now. Should be done soon. Will post in OP with screen shot when it is ready.
    Can't wait!

12-09-09 06:48 PM
    The black icon option sounds.

Is there away so that the user could have the option to lose focus if they so desire it in the options menu of the theme?

12-09-09 07:21 PM
    The black icon option sounds.

Is there away so that the user could have the option to lose focus if they so desire it in the options menu of the theme?

Negative on that it is a developer action, I personally don't care for the lost focus on this theme as it affects the bouncing of the icons and the decription doesn't show unless you hold the icons down for a while. That option does not affect the today area at all.
    12-09-09 07:55 PM
    Black icon version is up as well as fix to the +- buttons for both versions.
    The black versions icons move up/down instead of in/out as in the original version.
    12-09-09 08:00 PM
    Holy shulukka...the black icons version is godly!!!!!
    12-10-09 12:33 AM
    I really like the black icons version.
    12-10-09 10:57 AM
    The black icons rock!!! Thanks..
    12-10-09 02:07 PM
    I am liking Berry weather black very very much nice job Jaxjon.

12-10-09 02:30 PM
    loved this theme before but the addition of berryweather is sick

as far as I have seen this is hands down the best theme to incorporate berryweather...
    12-10-09 05:42 PM
    *Build edit: Re-positioned the wifi signal icon higher on the screen to avoid interaction with the berryweather screen area.
    12-10-09 07:34 PM

Theme is great!!
    12-10-09 09:39 PM
    where do i find that weather app .. will any other weather apps work with this theme
    12-10-09 10:31 PM
    I know this is probably asking a lot since u just did the black icons version but I suggest the android icons....

The reason why is that with the icon sets u use for this theme third party icons don't fit in at all. The android icons are just a suggestion as I like them and they blend with the third party icons well.. This theme would definitely be legit with this taken care of... At least in my opinion...

12-11-09 12:30 AM
    I know this is probably asking a lot since u just did the black icons version but I suggest the android icons....

The reason why is that with the icon sets u use for this theme third party icons don't fit in at all. The android icons are just a suggestion as I like them and they blend with the third party icons well.. This theme would definitely be legit with this taken care of... At least in my opinion...

Can you cite a source for the icons? I would be willing to do it if I didn't have to try to build them from screen shots on my own, otherwise I have some nice win7 icons I could use that I have on some other themes.

12-11-09 04:16 AM
269 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD