my friend installed the windows 7 theme on his storm and it acts up each time. it keeps shows that its "searching" for something and ends up having to do a battery pull. still nothing. any suggestions? he has the original storm OS 5.0. THANKS!
    12-23-09 07:40 PM
    it also says "uncaught exception" and "java.lang.illegalar.gumentexception".
    12-23-09 07:57 PM
    Moving to 9500/9530 Themes
    12-23-09 08:01 PM
    Either it isn't updated to work on 5.0 or the theme is so big it is taking up his memory and causing the phone to lag. A lot of themes will do that.
    12-23-09 08:02 PM
    You might get a quicker response by posting this in the Theme Forum in the Windows 7 theme thread.

Good luck.
    12-23-09 08:02 PM
    Either it isn't updated to work on 5.0 or the theme is so big it is taking up his memory and causing the phone to lag. A lot of themes will do that.
    it says that it supports 4.7 touch, 5.0 non-touch and 5.0 touch....
    12-23-09 08:10 PM
    this is the description it says for the theme:

This one of a kind Windows 7 theme for BlackBerry takes Windows mobile to a completely new look! Authentic Windows icons and wallpapers makes this a must have Windows style theme for your BlackBerry.

*LOCK TILT APP INFO (Storm only) - Lock Tilt will automatically install with your theme. To access the Lock Tilt feature simply go to your menu list via BlackBerry button and select 'Lock Tilt' or 'Unlock Tilt.'
    BLACKBERRY STORM:
    ~ Now comes installed with Lock Tilt app (2.99 value, FREE!)
    ~ Touch Windows Orb to reveal Start Menu
    ~ Gadget Sidebar with Weatherbug Spot (Slot 1)
    ~ Plus and Minus Icons to open and close window with 4 icons
    ~ Animated windows logoff lockscreen
    ~ Date, Computer icon, Signal meter, Speaker, and Clock all launch applications
    ~ Click anywhere on background to navigate to the App menu
    ~ Official Windows 7 OS look and feel with custom battery and signal meters
    ~ Homescreen wallpaper is customizable
    ~ Windows Mobile Ring-tone installs with theme (Storm OS 5.0 only)
    ALL OTHER DEVICES:
    ~ Official Windows 7 OS look and feel with custom battery and signal meters
    ~ Homescreen wallpaper is customizable
    ~ Icons on Homesceen are customizable
    ~ Weatherbug compatible for Homescreen

Minimum requirements:
    Operating System
    4.3, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7 Non-Touch, 4.7 Touch Screen, 5.0 Non-Touch, 5.0 Touch Screen
    12-23-09 08:12 PM
    Have you contacted the developer directly? That tends to be more effective than creating a general thread they may never see...
    12-23-09 08:18 PM
    Have you contacted the developer directly? That tends to be more effective than creating a general thread they may never see...
    hmm...ok, maybe i'll do that. i was looking to see if i could get some insight on this thread
    12-23-09 08:23 PM
    hmm...ok, maybe i'll do that. i was looking to see if i could get some insight on this thread
    Totally understand, but you run the risk of potentially maligning a developer, when the problem may be with the device. Those with whom I've dealt directly have been extremely quick to respond and address concerns. Good luck.
    12-23-09 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD