the biggest thing about this theme is the start menu. unlike its predecessors, it features a full replica start menu. which has 19 buttons. so you can access almost every blackberry app right from the start menu. 2 of the buttons are a working shutdown menu just like you see in windows seven which reveal a sub menu with the options to power off or lock.

when you first load this theme to your BB. it may appear to run slow. just go through your menus and give it time to cache all the files and it should be good to go.

*windows 7 and the windows orb are copyright by the Microsoft Corp.*

v.1.1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    --fixed messages spelling in start menu.
    --added new lock screen.
    --now clicking the 'start' orb again after opening the start menu, will close the start menu. the escape (back) button will still close the start menu as well.
    --replaced 'maps' icon.
    --added hotspots over the time on taskbar that opens the clock. and hotspot left of battery to open manage connections. ( but as im learning, the storm dosnt have wifi? someone please confirm this if ALL storms lack wifi. as i will put another banner icon in the wifi's place. )
    -OS v.151 FIX APPLIED. i found the fix for .151 hope it works. if you are not willin to risk it. i understand. but it would be helpful to other .151 users and other theme developers. but it works just fine on previous versions. also, someone has stated that it works fine on 5.0.140
    [ they do not have simulators for these versions i cant confirm this]

im sill new to making themes and this is my first one for the storm. so everyones help is needed.

if anyone can provide screen captures with third party icons on the home screen. i would appreciate it.

v.1.5 updates.
    --added 2 icons with text to homescreen for weatherbug/meterberry, others.. (1st and 2nd app position)
    --added hotspots over the battery, the clock, and the network meter. see screenshot
    --date added to homescreen
    --application name added to homescreen.
    --phone call text enlarged.
    --added SMS and MMS icons.

i wanted to add a today area. but it just wont fit. it ends up covering up the start menu if it appears while its open.

v1.5 + today added.

well, i did the best i could to implement a today area. i repositioned some buttons in the start menu, and had it show up in the start menu with 5 lines. its not perfect, but its there.
    i personally dont care for a start area. and dont really get peoples obsession with it. but to each his own.. =]
    if you dont care to have a today area i would stick with regular 1.5

v2 & v2 + today
    ive reworked all the functions in the SVG for this version. hopefully this will help for some people experiencing battery and memory drain. i dont have a blackberry anymore. and not really sure what to do about it exactly.
    all the features from previous version still apply.
    in version 2 + today, they today area is moved to bottom of start menu, with smaller text now with 6 lines.
    new wallpaper with blur effect under the task bar.

v2 OTA:
    http://boxlike.com/downloads/ota/com...ate_9500v2.jad

v2 + today OTA:
    http://boxlike.com/downloads/ota/com..._9500today.jad

Please support me and my themes by registering to my site and posting what you think about my themes in my forums.

you can also get a zip file for Desktop manager for this and other themes at my site. boxlike.com

thanks for viewing!
    Last edited by autonami; 09-05-09 at 01:15 AM. Reason: updated
    08-11-09 11:32 PM
    Wow, this looks awesome! The start menu like shows/hides?
    08-11-09 11:53 PM
    Just downloaded ill let you know how she works!
    Thx love new themes! Especially if they're NOT
    Apple

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 12:01 AM
    Anybody get this running yet?
    08-12-09 12:05 AM
    Just ran it. It gave me an error 525. I pulled
    The battery expecting it to error on reboot
    But this time it held. I'm running 151. Looks
    Very well done. A bit slow so far tho not too
    Much. So far so good

08-12-09 12:12 AM
    Nice first attempt. The menu doesn't disappear unless you use a function and close it. Also I can't get to the home screen. The shortcuts to apps work good.

08-12-09 12:15 AM
    On 151 also...Got the 525 also rebooting now... is it running now without issue?
    08-12-09 12:15 AM
    The error was 523 just got it again when I hit the red key to
    Close the beowser and once again on reboot. I belive it to be
    The same default font issue 151 users were experiencing. I'm going
    To have to switch back. Will hopefully work for 148 users.

08-12-09 12:25 AM
    Very nice looking theme, I'm actually running Win 7 already, but I think there's still some bugs...

Coming out of phone screen, I get the Reset 523 message every time, requires reboot...

Also, after clicking all programs, I get an OK dialog box, and the theme just becomes unresponsive.

That is what I have found so far.
    08-12-09 12:34 AM
    Wow, this looks awesome! The start menu like shows/hides?
    yes. its all animated and functional. it mimics the windows start menu.

Nice first attempt. The menu doesn't disappear unless you use a function and close it. Also I can't get to the home screen. The shortcuts to apps work good.

the menu closes when you hit the escape (back) button.

as for the errors....... that just really sucks. like i said i dont actually have the storm my self. ive only run it in the simulator. which is version 4.7.0.113 so maybe these later versions of the OS are buggy?
    i will download a newer version on the simulator and try to address the error issues.

thanks all for trying it out.
    Last edited by autonami; 08-12-09 at 02:10 AM.
    08-12-09 02:08 AM
    Tried out the simulator for 4.7.0.148 ( 9530 ) and it worked fine.
    i dont think there is a simulator for .151. i couldnt find one at least.

maybe someone who knows a little more about this will stop by here and have some ideas. b/c im lost =/
    08-12-09 03:00 AM
    Oh wow, I like this.. Is the background customizable as well as the three icons on the 'desktop'
    08-12-09 08:08 AM
    Very nice looking theme, but FYI.. just tried it on BBCrackman's V8 Hybrid (based on .151) and it didn't work.
    08-12-09 12:05 PM
    messages is spelt wrong on the start menu..."messeges"
    08-12-09 12:38 PM
    also my left shortcut button (SMS messages) doesnt work

nvm there is no option for it with this theme
    08-12-09 12:47 PM
    PLEASE.. PreTty please make SMS available! I absolutely LOVE this theme, however I hate all my messages filed together. Make an sms icon and this is golden for me! Until then I gotta remove it and back to iBerry =(

08-12-09 01:43 PM
    WOW this is very nice, i just installed it on my Berry Storm running 5.0.140, no errors or issues so far, it works like a champ... keep up the good work. Just a quick suggestion when the device is locked a lock icon shows up on the lower right hand side under the clock wich makes it a little hard to read the time but not a big deal. if you could move the lock icon of the clock to another position it would be super but as I mentioned no big deal. I'm not a big themes person but i have to keep this one as my default.
    08-12-09 02:15 PM
    ^ i second the clock
    08-12-09 02:19 PM
    Are you sure this theme works with 5.0.0.140? Every theme I tried with .140 would (eventually) not notify me to emails, sms, etc. (meaning no sound when I got a txt). Are you saying that this theme does not have this issue? Cause I couldn't even get it to work with a .151 hybrid (V8).

Thanks

WOW this is very nice, i just installed it on my Berry Storm running 5.0.140, no errors or issues so far, it works like a champ... keep up the good work. Just a quick suggestion when the device is locked a lock icon shows up on the lower right hand side under the clock wich makes it a little hard to read the time but not a big deal. if you could move the lock icon of the clock to another position it would be super but as I mentioned no big deal. I'm not a big themes person but i have to keep this one as my default.
    08-12-09 02:31 PM
    Yes, it works fine with 5.0.140 on my BB

"Are you sure this theme works with 5.0.0.140? Every theme I tried with .140 would (eventually) not notify me to emails, sms, etc. (meaning no sound when I got a txt). Are you saying that this theme does not have this issue? Cause I couldn't even get it to work with a .151 hybrid (V8)

Thanks"
    08-12-09 02:43 PM
    i would think that SMS filing and e-mail issues are not related to the theme? those are all device options in which you dont change in theme builder.

try going to your message options and chang the filing options there.
    otherwise i could set the messages button to straight to SMS only.

as lock icon still being over the clock. yes i havnt even touched the lock screen. like i said this is a beta release.
    08-12-09 03:55 PM
    ^ understand the beta version, thats what we're here for! =]

Yeah, i could handle the 'messages' icon be turned into 'sms' icon, I never use that thing anyways.. I have email/sms thats what I use constantly lol
    08-12-09 04:35 PM
    I stand corrected, the SMS messages does sound the alert and icon but the email messages does not sound alert.
    Good catch on that one, i had not noticed.

Yes, it works fine with 5.0.140 on my BB

"Are you sure this theme works with 5.0.0.140? Every theme I tried with .140 would (eventually) not notify me to emails, sms, etc. (meaning no sound when I got a txt). Are you saying that this theme does not have this issue? Cause I couldn't even get it to work with a .151 hybrid (V8)

Thanks"
    08-12-09 04:49 PM
    I second the sentiment

^ understand the beta version, thats what we're here for! =]
    08-12-09 04:52 PM
    This is a great looking theme, so far I'm nothing but impressed, super slick, super quick, and looks really good

08-12-09 06:03 PM
250 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD