Any idea when the add-on will be available?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 08:16 PM
    hey wayne, i'm new to purchasing themes so i had a question. this morning (after i bought your theme which is amazing), i started off with 31mb of memory. as of now, with light email use, no internet usage, and being sure to close apps, i'm down to 4.3mb. apps i have are the following:
    quicklaunch
    appworld
    app store
    pandora
    quickpull
    stormlock
    stormslider
    poynt
    google maps
    traffic
    bbm 5.57
    opera mini 5 beta 2

i have a few games
    wordmole
    brickbreaker
    blackjack

other than zen, i don't have any other themes. i'm running .419 if that means anything. any words of wisdom?
    01-23-10 07:30 PM
    hey wayne, i'm new to purchasing themes so i had a question. this morning (after i bought your theme which is amazing), i started off with 31mb of memory. as of now, with light email use, no internet usage, and being sure to close apps, i'm down to 4.3mb. apps i have are the following:
    quicklaunch
    appworld
    app store
    pandora
    quickpull
    stormlock
    stormslider
    poynt
    google maps
    traffic
    bbm 5.57
    opera mini 5 beta 2

i have a few games
    wordmole
    brickbreaker
    blackjack

other than zen, i don't have any other themes. i'm running .419 if that means anything. any words of wisdom?
    man... i never get enough of these memory posts... I suggest if you guys want themes and lots of apps..grab a storm 2 PLEASE... it has double the memory and manages memory a lot better...My themes do not leak like crazy or slow any device down unless your adding a bunch of stuff to your phone... which storm1 can not handle at all.. I have had storm1 and this S2 is a breath of fresh air and sadly should have been what s1 was... I saw throw your s1 right in the face of your Verizon rep and demand an early upgrade I cant say much because if you run the theme alone on the device as I have tested it runs SMOOTH with no lag on both devices...
    01-23-10 10:23 PM
    man... i never get enough of these memory posts... I suggest if you guys want themes and lots of apps..grab a storm 2 PLEASE... it has double the memory and manages memory a lot better...My themes do not leak like crazy or slow any device down unless your adding a bunch of stuff to your phone... which storm1 can not handle at all.. I have had storm1 and this S2 is a breath of fresh air and sadly should have been what s1 was... I saw throw your s1 right in the face of your Verizon rep and demand an early upgrade I cant say much because if you run the theme alone on the device as I have tested it runs SMOOTH with no lag on both devices...
    no doubt. thanks for the heads up.
    01-24-10 05:06 AM
    Sorry Wayne but I disagree with you on the memory issue. Your response is to get a storm 2 and i think thats a cop out on your part. There are TONS of complicated themes that run great on the storm 1 without any (or minimal) memory loss. And your clock issue with RIM doesnt seem valid either since I have seen more than a few themes with the clock in the same position yours was and they worked fine.
    You seem to be a nice guy but as a developer you need to take some of the blame when your themes don't run correctly. I'm not trying to bust your chops here, just think you need to take critiques better because right now it seems like you're in denial.
    01-27-10 07:32 AM
    Get a Storm2!!! It is better and handles themes and applications better than the Storm. I agree with you completely Wayne as I have had both phones and know how they work. Keep up the good work and suggestions, and tell everyone else to Shut-up and use a different theme if they have issues!!! Thanks for your time!!
    01-27-10 08:52 AM
    Sorry Wayne but I disagree with you on the memory issue. Your response is to get a storm 2 and i think thats a cop out on your part. There are TONS of complicated themes that run great on the storm 1 without any (or minimal) memory loss. And your clock issue with RIM doesnt seem valid either since I have seen more than a few themes with the clock in the same position yours was and they worked fine.
    You seem to be a nice guy but as a developer you need to take some of the blame when your themes don't run correctly. I'm not trying to bust your chops here, just think you need to take critiques better because right now it seems like you're in denial.
    Site1, are you a developer? Do you know the code and what goes into making a theme and how to build themes? I am not busting your chops, but unless you have been in or are in the same position as Wayne, then your place is not to criticize!! Thanks!

01-27-10 08:57 AM
    I have a Storm1 and it runs just fine. My memory gets down to about 10Mb at times, but it doesn't slow things down at all. People are so obessed with having 50MB of memory available. Who cares if it doesn't change your storms performance. Oh, I don't have any fart apps or lightsaber apps on my phone either. If you fill your phone up with junk like that, you have other issues imo. I think Wayne has doen a great job with this theme and has corrected all the issues that previously existed.
    btw... when is that add-on update coming?
    01-27-10 09:05 AM
    Sorry Wayne but I disagree with you on the memory issue. Your response is to get a storm 2 and i think thats a cop out on your part.
    That is a cop out on rims part, it is not my fault that RIM's devices can't handle some small code and skinning while doing multiple things. My argument is 100 percent valid. When people run themes they also run multiple applications during the process. I hate the fact that you blame my theme yet it is tested on a non magical Storm1 and Storm2 that are sitting in front of me. I am merely saying that it would be your best bet to switch to a storm2 since it handles not only themes but applications and themes better to where people are not tracking down every memory to the meg which is not how you should be doing while owning a smartphone.

There are TONS of complicated themes that run great on the storm 1 without any (or minimal) memory loss.
    Point me in direction of complication. The fact that you obviously have no idea on what it takes to make this theme is discouraging. This theme was even coded and out sourced because of the multiple features composer couldn't do. Lines were removed and the theme was cleaned up after countless nights of MT Dew and infomercials. I always say if you dont like the channel, turn it off maybe you want some better themes? Then I suggest you hit up Elecite

And your clock issue with RIM doesnt seem valid either since I have seen more than a few themes with the clock in the same position yours was and they worked fine.
    Valid as ****... I spent nights on the phone with RIM and they infact replicated the problem and had no idea how to fix it but told me they would... and they still haven't - but I, just a half a week ago found a fix and reintegrated this fix inside of my DroidBerry theme. Someone brought a WORKAROUND to my attention and within some half *** method I was able to fix this "problem."

I do not take critiques well only when the source is not up to a certain standards and I on the same hand feel that the the source is unreputable. I as Developer only speak truth. The fact that I am straight forward and aggravated should not think of me less but think of me more since I care enough to even update this theme and get mad when it doesn't work up to my standards. The reason I have the support I do and the happy customers I make are from the fact that I love to make people happy. But at the same time when I'm working on a theme late at night almost dozing off while trying to get it done quick so people have it for the weekend I tend to only do it for those customers that have my back and not the undeserving customers. I think your mad that I didn't take your blackberry logo as a QuickLaunch shortcut and your clock problems in to account as much as you wanted... that's right I remember, I remember every customer's wants and so far made sure the majority is happy and that is the best I can do.

Let me follow up by saying I wish you were still on the WJD Designs happy bus but sometimes it might be to crowded and the bus may hit some bumps so in that I apologize but remember as I respect my customers, the customers at some point should also respect the artist decisions... Without a proper meeting ground things wont happen as they should.

My Deepest Apologies,
    Wayne

P.S. If you want to talk my email is [email protected] - we can resolve any issues and I am sure we can work something out...
    Last edited by YourFriendWayneD; 01-27-10 at 09:23 AM.
    01-27-10 09:19 AM
    Theme runs great on my Storm 1 lol. Anyways, any update on when the "addon" will be ready?

01-27-10 09:25 AM
    Theme runs great on my Storm 1 lol. Anyways, any update on when the "addon" will be ready?

Well I was working on the "aero shake" feature like in WIN7 - when you shake the window it closes the windows and I would have you shake the device and you would go to the homescreen... I figured out this would compromise your battery life since the application would be running in the background looking for the shake to be done and that in turn drained the batt real quick. So I am back to the drawing board - if anyone has any ideas let me know (by the way we can't do widgets (thanks rim) that are updated on screen ie. a clock widget would be awesome but we cant... "Thanks RIM"
    01-27-10 09:29 AM
    Actually i'm not mad in any way. If I was mad I would have been alot harsher in my words.
    I did like the idea of having the BB logo integrated in the theme but after I read your response regarding using the quicklaunch icon and how you wanted to give the creators of quicklaunch it made perfect sense. Quicklaunch is a great app and they deserve props.

As far as the clock issue goes there are other themes with the clock in various places including the lower right and those themes don't have issues. Your theme is the only theme I have seen with these issues.

I am not a devoloper however I have tried out alot of themes (both free and premium) and i have friends that also own storm 1's and we all try and compare.
    I personally DO NOT have a memory issue with this theme but I know a few others who have and it looks like some of the people posting on here have an issue as well.
    Maybe its an issue with certain apps in combination with certain themes and it seems like it would be benificial to you to have someone report memory issues to you so you can investigate or at least make yourself aware of possible problems.

Instead of taking the memory issue into account your solution is "buy storm 2".

There are alot of themes with animations and sliding docks etc that do not slow the storm 1 down as long as you don't have tons of apps and themes installed.
    01-27-10 10:23 AM
    wow...I really like this alot!
    01-27-10 10:36 AM
    Site1, are you a developer? Do you know the code and what goes into making a theme and how to build themes? I am not busting your chops, but unless you have been in or are in the same position as Wayne, then your place is not to criticize!! Thanks!

I am not a devoloper. But I am a consumer. And it is my place to criticize if there is a faulty product being marketed.
    01-27-10 11:12 AM
    so is this theme done or can we anticipate any updates? Im still rocking it and I love it!
    02-08-10 03:16 PM
    so is this theme done or can we anticipate any updates? Im still rocking it and I love it!
    any ideas for an update...shoot
    02-10-10 08:25 PM
    My congrats to the maker(s) ...
    I was making some kind of precisely the same thing & was halfway there when i discovered this theme !! =P
    02-11-10 05:56 AM
    My congrats to the maker(s) ...
    I was making some kind of precisely the same thing & was halfway there when i discovered this theme !! =P
    thanks much... its been always work in progress and I am glad it is where it is
    02-11-10 05:58 AM
    wow...I really like this alot!
    thanks! I love good comments!
    02-25-10 03:32 PM
    i just purchased and downloaded this theme.
    is it possible to customize the taskbar or super bar at the bottom to what we want or are they static and cannot be changed? it would be nice if they were customizeable to the user.
    i use simpleweather and cannot get it to display temperature even though i have the display temperature on icon box checked.Is this theme made just for berryweather or can it be used with the different weather programs?
    one last question,is it possible to have the sidebar vertical as it was in a previous version?
    thank you in advance
    so far i am really liking this theme.
    good job.
    02-25-10 06:48 PM
370 ... 131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD