Hey everyone,
    I have made images into buttons and they don't work. At all. I'm getting fed up. And the simulators don't work either. I am sick of this. Van someone please help me???

Thanks a ton,
    Ben

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 08:52 AM
    Are you sure you have the buttons set up correctly? Make sure you "Convert" it to a button first, then go in and edit the events on click or focus... you shouldnt have any problems with this.
    05-18-09 09:44 AM
    I do though... I am trying to make a vista theme. I have everything else all set up.. I just cant get the vista start button to work. I put it into composer and i put it in place. I then right clicked on it and set it to a button. I then double click on the now button and it brings me to the editor to edit what it does when i highlight it or select ect.... So when i go to set it to open up a nerw scene when the buttons clicked, it never works. I dont get this. Its making me soo pissed. How do i do this? I have tried everything. Everything else looks so nice and i have a ton of cool features in it. This menu is ruining it for me. Could you please help me or at least give me suggestions????

Thanks a ton,
    Ben
    05-18-09 09:50 AM
    ive never dealt with "scenes" but maybe you should try "load component"
    05-18-09 10:14 AM
    I do though... I am trying to make a vista theme. I have everything else all set up.. I just cant get the vista start button to work. I put it into composer and i put it in place. I then right clicked on it and set it to a button. I then double click on the now button and it brings me to the editor to edit what it does when i highlight it or select ect.... So when i go to set it to open up a nerw scene when the buttons clicked, it never works. I dont get this. Its making me soo pissed. How do i do this? I have tried everything. Everything else looks so nice and i have a ton of cool features in it. This menu is ruining it for me. Could you please help me or at least give me suggestions????

Thanks a ton,
    Ben
    It has nothing to do with "scenes"

You use the "hide/show" option under "focus in" or "activate" or "focus out" if you just want a simple pop up thing.
    05-18-09 11:00 AM
    ok,
    I am having such a hard time with that though. I have been working with that optiton for quite a while now and i still cant get it to work. I always do it for activate though. Maybe i should try focus in or out. I have tried the hide thing. How do you do that? I work with Flash all the time and i have made quite a few pop-up menus in that program but i cant do it in composer and it wont let me import it either.

For the show/hide, I chosse to have it hide in scene 1 and when the button is activated, it should show. Yet it doesn't. Any help on that one?

Is it becasue i am having an image of a menu instead of one of the crappy menus they provide? I am only working with pictures here. I want the taskbar (picture) and the start menu button (picture) to show and when i click the start menu button, i want a menu (picture) to pop up. I am going to make this menu have buttons on it as well. I just need to get the button and menu working together first.

Any help?
    05-18-09 11:23 AM
    BTW KD. I dont know if your running vista at home, but i was reading in your Vista Complete forum that you added a black screen that removed about 150 kb. When you want a graphic, it can be a big file. Use the snipping tool provided with vista that take a snip of it. They are ususally about 45kb depending on how big (H+W) are. They look amazing as well. I love that feature. Just a suggestion....

Any help for me? Sorry im just excited because i am finally getting some type of help.....
    05-18-09 11:35 AM
    BTW KD. I dont know if your running vista at home, but i was reading in your Vista Complete forum that you added a black screen that removed about 150 kb. When you want a graphic, it can be a big file. Use the snipping tool provided with vista that take a snip of it. They are ususally about 45kb depending on how big (H+W) are. They look amazing as well. I love that feature. Just a suggestion....

Any help for me? Sorry im just excited because i am finally getting some type of help.....
    Flash doesnt work because the Storm doesnt have flash, if you are using anything with "scenes" then you are doing everything wrong because those options dont work with themes.

Composer is for more than building themes.
    05-18-09 01:03 PM
    pk so can you please help me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 01:09 PM
    ok so this is what you need to do, right click on the menu button and go to edit, choose the clock next to either focus in, focus out, or click, once the menu opens click show component and then choose the file that is your "Menu" that is supposed to pop up. This makes it so that when you hit that button, the menu will pop up... it really is as simple as that man..
    05-18-09 01:25 PM
    Its works RC.... somewhat.. I dont want the menu to show right when i start up the phone. I want it to be hidden then pop-up. When i drop the cod file into the simulator, the simulator starts up and then the menu appears right away.. How can i get rid of this???
    Last edited by neverhavemoney; 05-18-09 at 03:02 PM.
    05-18-09 02:55 PM
    you do have the menu "imported" to composer correct? If so, what is it set as currently? A button?
    05-18-09 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD