I only learned of the Storm themes yesterday. After I found out, I started installing a bunch of themes in this order:

Glowberry, iRing, Appleberry, Gears of War, Metroberry, Android.

I deleted Glowberry shortly after installing, then installed the rest, often times doing battery pulls between installs with no issue. After installing Android, I did a battery pull and got an "uncaught exception" error upon restart. Half of all the icons were gone, and so, the phone was unusable. As long as I was on one of the new themes, and I battery pulled, I would get the error. The only way to avoid the error is to first switch to the Precision Zen theme, and then battery pull.

I deleted all themes. And then installed just Android, and I'm still getting the error. (Interestingly, the icon arrangement that I had set for Android before I deleted it was maintained). Can anyone help? Did my OS get corrupted or something?

I think the full error is: "uncaught exception java.lang.nullpointerexception."

(About 80% of the time, upon battery pull, the screen would just get stuck on the Verizon splash screen.)
    Last edited by liquidsense; 02-21-09 at 07:19 PM.
    02-21-09 07:06 PM
    I am having the same problem. I only see it when I have a Custom (Today) theme loaded. I am using the leaked .90 OS. After the exception, the mail application will have crashed (that is first in my Today Theme).

-Greg
    Last edited by Greg G; 02-21-09 at 07:45 PM.
    02-21-09 07:12 PM
    what android was it??
    02-21-09 09:42 PM
    what android was it??
    elycruz's Android.

I don't think it had anything to do with Android specifically. I've asked my brother to test his, and he does not have the problem. And I was getting the error on all of my themes. That being said, it did start happening after I downloaded Android.
    Last edited by liquidsense; 02-21-09 at 10:43 PM.
    02-21-09 09:47 PM
    the error uncaught exception java.lang.nullpointerexception isnt to specific to one thing. When i got that error, it was the call log that got corrupted and i had to delete the hole call log from DM.Another time it was quick pull,etc.
    So the stock theme doesn't bring the error up on reboot?
    Hopefully u have a back up before you installed any themes. That way you can wipe and restore. Depending on what os you are running and apps, hard to define where the uncaught exception java.lang.nullpointerexception is coming from. I have most of the same themes as you do loaded on my phone, including iring and android by elycruz. But different things happen to different people on different OS and settings so its hard to narrow down what is the "root" of the problem.
    02-21-09 10:06 PM
    the error uncaught exception java.lang.nullpointerexception isnt to specific to one thing. When i got that error, it was the call log that got corrupted and i had to delete the hole call log from DM.Another time it was quick pull,etc.
    So the stock theme doesn't bring the error up on reboot?
    Hopefully u have a back up before you installed any themes. That way you can wipe and restore. Depending on what os you are running and apps, hard to define where the uncaught exception java.lang.nullpointerexception is coming from. I have most of the same themes as you do loaded on my phone, including iring and android by elycruz. But different things happen to different people on different OS and settings so its hard to narrow down what is the "root" of the problem.

PSI - thanks for taking the time. That is actually very helpful. I did not make a backup before loading all of these themes, but I should be ok.

Yes, the error does not happen when rebooting on the stock theme. Strange. But, it happens on every single new theme.

And to the previous poster, I also am using elycruz's Android. I didn't realize that there were multiple people making different Android themes.
    02-21-09 10:36 PM
    Not just any one theme. I was getting this too. Search for 'Lost SMS after update' and follow the link in there to the thread I used to correct this issue.
    02-21-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD