Is anyone having a problem with themes on .99? I am trying to figure out what is happening, but I am having tons of lagging with new themes, occasional freezing when going from portrait to landscape and the only way to fix this is to do a battery pull. Is anyone else having these types of problems?
    02-12-09 11:05 AM
    Is anyone having a problem with themes on .99? I am trying to figure out what is happening, but I am having tons of lagging with new themes, occasional freezing when going from portrait to landscape and the only way to fix this is to do a battery pull. Is anyone else having these types of problems?
    I have noticed it too. I did a battery pull this morning and it seems to be running better at the moment.
    02-12-09 11:15 AM
    i have had alot of lag on .75 with the new themes its probably because the software used is a beta so there are probably alot of bugs still
    02-12-09 11:25 AM
    I have noticed it too. I did a battery pull this morning and it seems to be running better at the moment.
    I just pulled the battery, I will keep everyone updated on how it runs now.

Should we always do a battery pull when a new theme is installed?
    02-12-09 11:26 AM
    ya only way to fix it is to remove them with DM
    02-12-09 11:34 AM
    i dont like doing battery pulls i feel like its going to break it the device is not meant to keep pull the battery in and out i dunno just my thought
    02-12-09 11:35 AM
    Yes, I've noticed it. I deleted all the recent themes I installed on my phone because I refuse to deal with the lag. Phone is running back to normal now with the stock theme. Hopefully one of the near future OS builds will run better with user-created apps.
    02-12-09 11:37 AM
    I'm using 90 and I have the slow down problem as well. It happens on themes I make and those I've downloaded. I'm wondering if it is because of the leaked CDK or the leaked OS.

I'm back to the stock theme as well.

-Greg
    02-12-09 12:44 PM
    I'm running stock .75 and have had no problems with the two themes I've downloaded - Firestorm and Batman.

My phone has been virtually problem free. Lucky I guess?
    02-12-09 12:51 PM
    I'm running stock .75 and have had no problems with the two themes I've downloaded - Firestorm and Batman.

My phone has been virtually problem free. Lucky I guess?
    I've only been using Custom (Today+) themes. Are you using Today themes?
    02-12-09 12:57 PM
    I've been reluctant to do it, but I have to go back to the stock theme..........WAY too much lag on my phone.
    02-12-09 01:00 PM
    +1 on extreme lags, constant "hourglass" when changing apps,etc, and it even stopped holding 1XEV connection, down to 1xev then just 1X.

Application memory had dipped down to around 13mb.

Removed theme via, Desktop Manager

I was using the Today Plus theme, and .99 OS.

Guess, I'll wait for themes/OS to get better coded before trying again...
    02-12-09 01:01 PM
    the lag has to do with plazmic 4.7
    02-12-09 01:10 PM
    the lag has to do with plazmic 4.7
    We're aware of that.................
    02-12-09 01:22 PM
    I've only been using Custom (Today+) themes. Are you using Today themes?
    These are links to the ones I have installed. The firestorm theme is a Today theme.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/dark-knight-157818/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/fi...m-free-157561/

Installed apps include Bolt Browser, Opera Mini, Buzzme, FileManagerPro, logMaid, Nav4All, Screenlock, Slacker, vlingo, and Vymail
    Last edited by siks; 02-12-09 at 01:37 PM.
    02-12-09 01:33 PM
    We're aware of that.................
    yeah thats why everyone is doing battery pulls and blaming it on beta OS's...

EVERYONE is aware
    02-12-09 01:47 PM
    Alright well the battery pull has seemed to fix the lagging but I hate doing battery pulls. I guess for now I will have to deal with it. Thanks for all your input and I hope RIM / Plazmic read all of this!
    02-12-09 04:14 PM
    For real I'm tired of the lagging too ... I have an hourglass to everything even games.... I'm thinkin .103 has something to do with it but then again their all betas ... I even using my iPod as a last alternative bc me and my storm are on the verge of breAking up
    02-12-09 04:39 PM
    Battery pulls are fine, they actually assist in freeing up lost memory.

If you're using the hybrid os, do not download Storm themes with animated home screens.. i.e the rotating circle of icon screens. It will give you the error app and won't want to reboot.

Just an fyi if you haven't heard or had it happen
    02-12-09 04:54 PM
    I dont know about the storm, but my curve goes through that when I have a new theme....I went back to the stock but purchased a new theme thinking that the problem was with the first theme but same issues...I am still using it and for the most part its cool, but there is some lagging and I usually reboot and I am fine....luckily for me I have a curve and can reboot without the battery pull, can the storm do that too?
    02-12-09 04:58 PM
    I believe it is. Might be that the plazmic version is leaked but who knows!
    02-12-09 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD