How many developers are selling from BB App Store now that themes are being sold from it?

I'm wondering is the upfront money is worth it. 200 beans for 10 submissions is quite pricey!

Is it worth, in your opinion? Are you all making the money back with profit? Is there an added percentage deducted from each sale?

I have no idea of the exposure a develop would get from app world compared to say MobiHand and all the sites that have storefronts by them.

Any and all info and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks much!
    12-20-09 09:21 PM
    well, from a app point of view, i know tehres been TONS and TONS of complaints in regarding app world. most people (the smart ones anyways) dont have app world installed. the updates dont get sent out immediately, eveyrthing is just sucky.

from a consumer pov, i wouldnt suggest doin it, for theme or for apps.
    12-20-09 09:32 PM
    well, from a app point of view, i know tehres been TONS and TONS of complaints in regarding app world. most people (the smart ones anyways) dont have app world installed. the updates dont get sent out immediately, eveyrthing is just sucky.

from a consumer pov, i wouldnt suggest doin it, for theme or for apps.
    valid points friend. thanks much!
    12-20-09 10:13 PM
    honestly roo i would stay away from app world. they will give you more headaches then its worth. it will take them weeks to approve an upgrade to the themes and during that time you will be getting hundreds of emails about it. everyone that has bought an app from app world has come to regret it and i tell everyone that bought from there to just fork out more money and buy from mobihand. also there is no real advertising for app world so you pretty much have to hope and pray that people see the theme and like it.

on the other hand not everyone knows about mobihand so app world is a good market. people will be able to see your themes that have never seen them before. in the long run it might be a good idea as long as the themes sell as good as they do on mobihand.
    12-21-09 08:03 PM
    Just cause I'm here a lot, developers complain about Mobihand frequently. Specifically about the cut they take from what you sell. I am not a developer, just stating what I have seen numerous times here...
    12-21-09 08:11 PM
    honestly roo i would stay away from app world. they will give you more headaches then its worth. it will take them weeks to approve an upgrade to the themes and during that time you will be getting hundreds of emails about it. everyone that has bought an app from app world has come to regret it and i tell everyone that bought from there to just fork out more money and buy from mobihand. also there is no real advertising for app world so you pretty much have to hope and pray that people see the theme and like it.

on the other hand not everyone knows about mobihand so app world is a good market. people will be able to see your themes that have never seen them before. in the long run it might be a good idea as long as the themes sell as good as they do on mobihand.
    word. You know I trust your opinion bud.
    12-21-09 09:55 PM
    Just cause I'm here a lot, developers complain about Mobihand frequently. Specifically about the cut they take from what you sell. I am not a developer, just stating what I have seen numerous times here...
    Mobi has it's problems but it is by far the most sophisticated set up out there. 20% is not bad at all if you buy directly from their site and then an additional 20% if its sold from one of there storefronts like CB.

They also offer free carts for sites at a mere 10%.

For all the work they do and the exposure you get at who knows how many stores, I think it's definitely worth it!

App world does not compare to mobihand at all.

RIM makes so much cash it's not even funny! The cash they are asking for upfront is ridiculous and then it's only good for 10 submissions! Not to mention I have yet to get app world to work properly on my phone!
    12-21-09 09:59 PM
    Now I understand why some theme and app developers setup their own websites to advertise and sell their wares.
    But I don't think its fair to be charged anything to submit an app or theme.
    Its supposed to be the other way around.
    12-22-09 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD