so i recently downloaded a theme. and it downloaded to my phone. but it is nowhere to be found. i searched in

options>themes...

....downloads

...applications..then finally under options>advanced options>downloads, and it was there to view the properties, but that was all.

any ideas? ive been at this for 13 hours and its really pissing me off.

i downloaded the new desktop software, but my phone is still on 4.7.

its an unlocked storm1.

any help is appreciated.
    12-08-09 09:40 PM
    What 4.7 are you running?
    12-08-09 09:43 PM
    Is the theme compatible with 4.7? Why are you still on 4.7? Delete it, restart the phone, and d/l the version that's designed for your OS.
    12-08-09 09:43 PM
    ...speaking jibberish...lol
    12-08-09 09:48 PM
    so i recently downloaded a theme. and it downloaded to my phone. but it is nowhere to be found. i searched in

options>themes...

....downloads

...applications..then finally under options>advanced options>downloads, and it was there to view the properties, but that was all.

First of all, there is no such destination on the Storm. Try explaining again please.
    any ideas? ive been at this for 13 hours and its really pissing me off.

i downloaded the new desktop software, but my phone is still on 4.7.
    its an unlocked storm1.

The Desktop software loads on your computer and not on the phone. If you are trying to upgrade your phone Operating System (OS), then you need to download, to your computer, an Os compatible with your Storm, and then install it on your computer. Then it can be loaded on to your phone. See the link below to learn how to do this.

any help is appreciated.
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    12-08-09 09:56 PM
    ...speaking jibberish...lol
    Actually, in light of how you worded your original post, and didn't really describe your issue(s), I thought I was pretty clear. On 4th reading of your OP it looks like you're confusing Desktop Manager with the phone's OS. They're two different things. DM is now at a much higher version than 4.7 now. You can download the current version from blackberry.com/software -> desktop software -> Desktop Manager for PC.

That's completely irrelevant to any theme issue you're having, hence my recommendation that you delete, reboot (or battery pull) and try downloading the theme again.
    12-08-09 10:04 PM
    got it! thanks. /thread
    12-08-09 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD