Can someone please tell me how i can resize the icons? I go to theme the home screen and add a few icons then whenever i try to adjust the size of them, they just go back to normal! Any help would be appreciated.
    04-13-09 02:11 PM
    you have to either do it by creating an svg file in composer to resize them on the home screen or resize all the icons using something like adobe photoshop or gimp (I think you can do it in gimp although I have not ever used gimp).

1) resize the icon to your desired size
    2) create a new transparent 73px x 73px
    3) copy and paste the resized icon into the transparent 73px x 73px
    4) save the new smaller icon you copied into the 73px x 73px

The key is the icons need to be 73px x 73px, otherwise plazmic will simply resize the icon to 73px by 73px

Hope that makes sense to you
    04-13-09 03:04 PM
    the icon itself can be any size you want

but the key is the CANVAS SIZE has to be 73x73px
    04-13-09 03:05 PM
    exactly what kd said
    04-13-09 03:07 PM
    Cool i'll give it a try..thanks everyone
    04-13-09 04:17 PM
    One last question...how do i get the stock icon from theme builder into photo shop? Just a straight copy and paste or is there a folder somewhere within the plazmic install that has all these icons?
    04-13-09 04:21 PM
    stock icons are in included in the plazmic install. I think the path is ...
    program files/plazmic4.7/samples/themes/images/precision 360x480/icons

or something similar to that ... I know they are in the plazmic samples folder
    04-13-09 06:55 PM
    Not to jock this thread but where is a place for icons?
    04-13-09 11:34 PM
    Just google search icon sets. There are loads out there. Just make sure to give credit where credit is due...
    04-13-09 11:54 PM
    just a question on this... i have found some icons for the the battery field. i resized them to 73x73 and followed some instructions i had seen about them being in 10% increments. everytime i complete the sizing and load them into the custom battery icon, it cut out about half the battery pic. what am i doing wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated.
    04-14-09 07:20 PM
    battery and signal icons are a little bit more difficult than that.

They are one picture in a pre-defined order.

The battery icon is a 528px x 40px picture that is broken down into 24 different battery icons that are 44px x 20 px. Two different rows with 12 icons each, the top is normal state and the bottom is charging state.

The signal icon is very similar to the battery icon just different size. It is a 315px x 14px picture that is broken down into 9 pictures, each 35px x 14px. There is only one row of 9 icons on this one.

I hope this makes sense to you. The best thing I could say to help you is to look in the link I provide above and find the stock battery icon. Open it in something like adobe and basically copy the layout. You will have to resize your images to match the individual piece of battery you need to make.
    04-14-09 08:39 PM
    battery and signal icons are a little bit more difficult than that.

They are one picture in a pre-defined order.

The battery icon is a 528px x 40px picture that is broken down into 24 different battery icons that are 44px x 20 px. Two different rows with 12 icons each, the top is normal state and the bottom is charging state.

The signal icon is very similar to the battery icon just different size. It is a 315px x 14px picture that is broken down into 9 pictures, each 35px x 14px. There is only one row of 9 icons on this one.

I hope this makes sense to you. The best thing I could say to help you is to look in the link I provide above and find the stock battery icon. Open it in something like adobe and basically copy the layout. You will have to resize your images to match the individual piece of battery you need to make.
    thanks for the reply. i did not see a link.
    04-14-09 08:58 PM
    stock icons are in included in the plazmic install. I think the path is ...
    program files/plazmic4.7/samples/themes/images/precision 360x480/icons

or something similar to that ... I know they are in the plazmic samples folder
    The link to the icons files on your hard drive is what I was referring to. Sorry for the confusion.
    04-14-09 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD