Does the themes have a drain on battery life, i got a new battery and running themes completely drains my battery through a half day after charging all night. thanks in advance.
    02-21-09 09:27 PM
    Themes, being applications in a sense, drain battery power based on their intricacy and size. It's similar to installing and using a lot of other applications; they take up app memory and thus, make the processor work more and drain battery power faster. The best solution is to only keep the theme(s) you use most frequently on the phone, much like how you would delete unused apps to free up memory.

EDIT: I was trying to think of an analogous situation... it's like how Windows uses the "Explorer" application to display the icons on your desktop. >_>
    Last edited by Jimmeh; 02-21-09 at 09:37 PM.
    02-21-09 09:33 PM
    any difference in OS i currently have .75
    02-21-09 09:39 PM
    The operating system version has no effect on the amount of memory a given application uses. A byte is a byte. The basic BB apps may change very slightly in size from one build to the next based on features included, changed, or omitted, but unless a theme has changed from the last time you downloaded it, it's still the same size.

TLDR version: no.
    02-21-09 09:45 PM
    Thanks man, appreciate it!
    02-21-09 09:47 PM
    I think it sucks! I don't understand why having multiple themes installed affects the battery. You can only have 1 active at a time. Can anyone shed light on this?
    02-21-09 09:52 PM
    i have noticed the same thing, i had a 50% battery half way thru the day and it usually lasts me towards the end of the night and then i installed some themes and i was out of battery in only few hours,

is from the themes? cuz i havnt done anything different but install the new themes..
    02-22-09 01:25 AM
    I think it sucks! I don't understand why having multiple themes installed affects the battery. You can only have 1 active at a time. Can anyone shed light on this?
    I don't get this either...how does it affect application memory also?
    02-22-09 01:29 AM
    Seriously, can anybody offer any help on this issue? My battery isn't even lasting half a day now! Do I have to uninstall all but the one I want then re d/l and do a battery pull everytime I want to change my theme?
    02-22-09 06:04 PM
    I'm pretty sure I explained that decently. Reread both of the posts I made in this thread. I don't know how much clearer I can make it.

EDIT: Also, yes, battery pulls are ftw! Or QuickPulls, if you like saving yourself a headache.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Jimmeh; 02-22-09 at 06:23 PM.
    02-22-09 06:21 PM
    When I had the default theme plus one custom installed on my phone I had 26mb of memory free after a fresh boot. I now have the default plus 6 custom themes installed on my phone and I have 26mb memory free after a fresh boot.

From what people are saying this should not be possible
    To have every single app/theme reside in memory regardless of whether it's running seems pretty inefficient to me
    02-22-09 06:35 PM
    i havent noticed a huge difference in battery life with custom themes
    02-22-09 07:26 PM
    Does the themes have a drain on battery life, i got a new battery and running themes completely drains my battery through a half day after charging all night. thanks in advance.

I seem to be having the same problem.
    02-23-09 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD