I would love a hot Gixxer theme. If someone has the time to make it use my bike......lol
    p.s. just make sure you crop that rear license plate thing off. makes the bike look hot
    !
    04-28-09 12:29 AM
    I would love a hot Gixxer theme. If someone has the time to make it use my bike......lol
    p.s. just make sure you crop that rear license plate thing off. makes the bike look hot
    !
    I am thinking about getting a Kawasaki ninja 250r but i know nothing about bikes and i heard that it might be too small for a guy my size (6'1" 160lbs)

The one i was looking at is so cool and affordable but what if it sucks for my first bike help!..

oh wait we are on the themes forum...PM ME IF YOU KNOW ABOUT SUPER BIKES! :P
    04-28-09 12:54 AM
    I am thinking about getting a Kawasaki ninja 250r but i know nothing about bikes and i heard that it might be too small for a guy my size (6'1" 160lbs)

The one i was looking at is so cool and affordable but what if it sucks for my first bike help!..

A Ninja 250R would not be too small for you imo. And they are great starter bikes. Another alternative would be an older model 600. Little bit bigger, but not as much HP and Torque as today's 600's. Food for thought.

I learned to ride on a 2001 GSX-R600. Rode it for a season until I got a feel for it. Next season I traded up for a 2006 600RR. It was like night and day as far as power and twitchiness was concerned. I spent 2 seasons on the 600RR before I traded up one last time for my 2006 1000RR. This bike has more than enough power to last for a while and it is only about 30lbs heavier than my 600RR was.

I would still recommend brand new riders to start on a 250 tho. I was stupid and didn't research it before I got my Gixxer. I just took it slow. Then again, I have a level head and am a parent of a 6yr old girl, so I have a lot to lose by riding recklessly.
    Last edited by _-Jay-_; 04-28-09 at 08:09 AM.
    04-28-09 08:00 AM
    Someone needs to make a theme with my bike its a 2006 kawasaki ninja zx-10r, setup as a dragbike. It has been 9.62 at 143mph.

04-28-09 05:09 PM
    A Ninja 250R would not be too small for you imo. And they are great starter bikes. Another alternative would be an older model 600. Little bit bigger, but not as much HP and Torque as today's 600's. Food for thought.

I learned to ride on a 2001 GSX-R600. Rode it for a season until I got a feel for it. Next season I traded up for a 2006 600RR. It was like night and day as far as power and twitchiness was concerned. I spent 2 seasons on the 600RR before I traded up one last time for my 2006 1000RR. This bike has more than enough power to last for a while and it is only about 30lbs heavier than my 600RR was.

I would still recommend brand new riders to start on a 250 tho. I was stupid and didn't research it before I got my Gixxer. I just took it slow. Then again, I have a level head and am a parent of a 6yr old girl, so I have a lot to lose by riding recklessly.
    Awesome, thanks J! I was worrying really bad about it haha, good to hear some nice sound advice from another "Jay"
    04-28-09 05:22 PM
    any bike has more power then most cars, even ninja 250s. if your 6'0 tall you will look funny on a 250, your best bet is to go with a older model ninja zx6r, they are bigger bike, while it will be faster than anything you have ever rode or drove, you dont have to use all the power, it will only go as fast as you want it to>
    04-28-09 05:49 PM
    any bike has more power then most cars, even ninja 250s. if your 6'0 tall you will look funny on a 250, your best bet is to go with a older model ninja zx6r, they are bigger bike, while it will be faster than anything you have ever rode or drove, you dont have to use all the power, it will only go as fast as you want it to>
    now im all confused again ugh

lol another big factor is the price the guy is quoting me cause hes a friend of a friend...

$2900... and it looks great from the pictures he showed me, I havent had a chance to personally drive down to where he lives its kinda far...
    04-28-09 05:56 PM
    So I did some searching and did you mean something like this?

1998 zx6r
    04-28-09 05:59 PM
    I have a 07 750 blue n white and would sport a gixxer theme. Think of the speedometer colors for certain parts of thr menu. Gsx-r logo. Diff ones for diff cc would be wicked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 06:57 PM
    now im all confused again ugh

lol another big factor is the price the guy is quoting me cause hes a friend of a friend...

$2900... and it looks great from the pictures he showed me, I havent had a chance to personally drive down to where he lives its kinda far...

Trust me you will be fine on a 250. My advice would be to go to your local Kawi dealer and sit on one. I know the new ones are a lot different than the ones from a few years ago as far as styling goes.
    04-28-09 07:24 PM
    i meant more of something like this, that one has been all crashed up. Kawasaki ZX-6R: Is This the Sleeper 600?

Trust me when i tell you that about 3 months after you get the 250 you WILL want something bigger. I race motorcycle for a living and i know what i am talking about. you will be so much more happy with a older 600, i prefer the zx6r, but the gsxr-600 is good too.

if anyone doesnt believe me about racing motorcycles here is a pic with me in the winners circle.

04-28-09 08:16 PM
    Trust me when i tell you that about 3 months after you get the 250 you WILL want something bigger. I race motorcycle for a living and i know what i am talking about. you will be so much more happy with a older 600, i prefer the zx6r, but the gsxr-600 is good too.
    There's a huge difference between drag racing and the other forms of riding... most of which involve turning.

The Ninja 250 is a great little bike, and it's gobs of fun on a racetrack. A friend of mine who raced the 250 production classes used to regularly crush the egos of lesser riders on 600 and liter bikes at trackdays with this:

04-28-09 09:29 PM

I never said you didn't know what you are talking about. I only said that a 6'0" tall rider can fit comfortably on a 250. Also, there are alot of people that I have talked to that have a 250 and a 600 and prefer riding the 250 saying they are more fun cuz you can ring the crap outta them thru the twisties. Whereas, with a 600 you can't get outta 2nd or 3rd gear most of the time.
    04-28-09 09:36 PM

Just bought an 07 ZX-6r
    04-28-09 09:47 PM
    Just bought an 07 ZX-6r
    hehwwhahaha just finalized a purchase agreement on

Will be able to take it home on the 16th of may
    04-28-09 10:09 PM
    Congrats KD!
    04-28-09 10:24 PM
    Congrats KD!
    Yup, hecka excited! Now all I have to do is actually learn how to ride a motorcycle in less than a month! UGH! haha.
    04-28-09 10:35 PM
    There's a huge difference between drag racing and the other forms of riding... most of which involve turning.

The Ninja 250 is a great little bike, and it's gobs of fun on a racetrack. A friend of mine who raced the 250 production classes used to regularly crush the egos of lesser riders on 600 and liter bikes at trackdays with this:
    I use to do regular track days on a 2000 zx-9r, so i know all about twisty riding too. Im just saying MOST people will want more bike after riding for a couple of months. the 250 is a good bike, but in my opinion they are targeted for 14, 15 and 16 year olds, and girls cause they are so light, but to me a mature adult would be way better off starting on an older 600, because an adult has more common since on how much power to use.
    Last edited by codyc_13; 04-29-09 at 12:14 AM.
    04-28-09 11:53 PM
    I use to do regular track days on a 2000 zx-9r, so i know all about twisty riding too. Im just saying MOST people will want more bike after riding for a couple of months. the 250 is a good bike, but in my opinion they are targeted for 14, 15 and 16 year olds, and girls cause they are so light, but to me a mature adult would be way better off starting on an older 600, because an adult has more common since on how much power to use.
    Well i AM only 20...so i might now have any common sense yet...haha jk, im hecka nervous :P
    04-29-09 12:27 AM
    you will be fine, if all you have every drove are just normal stock cars, the 250 will be faster than most. just take it easy, Most wrecks i have seen with beginners are people trying to do more than they are capable of, experience will be your best friend just get that experience under your belt and you will be fine, I started out on my older brothers r6 when i was 13, i could barely hold the bike up, i have been riding since that day, And i am still learning everyday
    04-29-09 12:36 AM
    you will be fine, if all you have every drove are just normal stock cars, the 250 will be faster than most. just take it easy, Most wrecks i have seen with beginners are people trying to do more than they are capable of, experience will be your best friend just get that experience under your belt and you will be fine, I started out on my older brothers r6 when i was 13, i could barely hold the bike up, i have been riding since that day, And i am still learning everyday
    Aweosme, thanks for the good advice and comfort! lol *wipes brow*

...what kind of gear am i supposed to get anyways besides a helmet (duh haha)...do i need like...those thick shirt things and stuff? :P
    04-29-09 12:43 AM
    Well, There is all kinds of gear out there, Most of it is pretty pricey, example, with my racing i have to have certain gear and all in all it cost me about 1500 bucks just for all the approved gear, but for street riding all i would say you need to have is a helmet, Jacket, and gloves. To me jeans are fine to ride in, and always wear shoes, i see people riding with no helmet, t shirt, shorts and flip flops all the time and they are crazy, because you never know what is going to happen. I always wear my helmet, jacket and gloves. here are some examples on the type of jackets you can get,

This is similar to the jacket i wear when riding on the street, the textile jackets breath really well, they have a removable liner for summer and winter riding,
    Viewing Images For Joe Rocket Kawasaki Branded Gear Replica Supersport Textile Jacket :: New Enough, LTD

there are all kinds of gloves you can get.

Gloves > All Types > Joe Rocket :: New Enough, LTD

I really like this site, it is called newenough but everything is usally brand new, i think when they first started they did alot of used stuff but not anymore.

as for helmets there are all kinds if brands and styles, a few of my favorite brands are Shoei, hjc, and icon, my favorite is shoei by far, they breath really well. Hope this helps
    04-29-09 01:23 AM
    not sure if your deal is 100 percent final, but i notices you got one of the older 250s, if i were you i would if possible try and get one of the newer ones, they have massively improved them over the old model, also the look more modern to me, here is a pic of a new one, you can pick them up new for right at 3,000 http://www.skyhomeshopping.com/image...ninja-250r.jpg compared to the old style http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photo...Ninja250Ra.jpg
    04-29-09 03:00 AM
    Minimum for street riding is Jacket, Helmet, Gloves, Jeans and Boots. Don't ride in sneakers for God's Sake. Get something that is over the ankle and won't come flying off if you wreck. I have a pair of riding boots that look just like regular Tan Work Boots. They are made by Icon. I don't think they still make them but they are pretty comfortable and have a lot of extra protection. I use them when I am just our cruising or commuting to work. When I want to go for more spirited rides, I wear my 2pc full leathers and a pair of Sidi Vertigo Racing boots. Check out the site that I PM'ed you about. There is a lot of info over there for the new riders.
    04-29-09 07:19 AM
    Good advice given here KD, listen to these guys, especially about wearing helmet, jacket and gloves. If offered in your area, the motorcycle safety course is money well spent (and in most states keeps you from having to take the driving part of the test when you get your motorcycle license).
    04-29-09 08:40 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD