This is what I have come up with after playing around for a while. The today screen is tabbed, using the first 4 icons you set in the main menu. (I recommend using your messages, calendar, etc.) When you touch the icon it displays the related content. Clicking takes you to the app. Any comments, suggestions and requests will be taken seriously. This theme will be released for free, I will be releasing a more advanced theme for $.99 to fund my developer key's. (Something a starving college student can't afford.) After this my aim will be free themes and inexpensive app's.

If you like it, let me know! If you want different backgrounds please supply the images.

UPDATE:
    - Home screen icon's cleaned up, animation added.
    - Theme is now faster.
    - Font's changed to increase visibility. (Changed in 1.39 to a larger size.)
    - Default backgrounds changed.

If you have the first release of this theme it may display as a downgrade as the version number was changed from the default date stamp.

COMING SOON:
    - Visibility Enhancements so elements can be seen on lighter backgrounds.
    - Optimization, speed enhancements.
    - Customizable background on all menu's. (Currently only home screen can be changed.)
    - Custom Icon's
    - Today Screen Options
    - Themed Dialog Box/Menu's

OTA Link: Coming Soon...
    BB Desktop Link (Original): www.dietsuccesstips.com/stripped.rar
    BB Desktop Link (Icons on Bottom): www.dietsuccesstips.com/strippedflipped.rar
    PayPal Donate: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=3340238 All donation's will be kindly accepted.

Known Bugs/Issues:
    - Text and icons on today screen can be hard to see on certain backgrounds. (Fixed, dark backgrounds still recommended. Permanent solution will be added.)
    - Main menu only accessible using BB menu key. (Some won't see this as a problem.)

For a more "default" looking theme that display's your messages and calendar, take a look at my other theme: http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/de...-theme-162990/
    Last edited by Ravr; 02-18-09 at 03:46 AM.
    02-16-09 12:41 AM
    Performance Tip: Hide all unused icons and sort others into the appropriate folders. If you do not have to scroll through your icons it speeds up your phone considerably.
    02-16-09 12:57 AM
    I like this a lot... Can you make the background changable?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 07:16 AM
    I like this a lot... Can you make the background changable?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, in the next release I will update it to use your default homescreen background on all menu's.
    02-16-09 04:54 PM
    It will be possible to scroll icons?
    02-16-09 04:57 PM
    How did you get rid of the icon text?
    02-16-09 04:59 PM
    It will be possible to scroll icons?
    I will experiment with a version that does this, however from a performance standpoint it may not be economical.
    02-16-09 06:25 PM
    How did you get rid of the icon text?
    Under home screen properties, unselect "show text". (Make sure to have the application icon's highlighted to apply to the desired icons.)
    02-16-09 07:35 PM
    I will experiment with a version that does this, however from a performance standpoint it may not be economical.
    Tried it and regardless of how scaled down the theme was, the response times were horrible.
    02-17-09 12:16 AM
    is there a way you can please do me a HUUGE favor. this is exactly what i want from a theme BUT!!!

is there a way you can put the icons on the bottom? and then the hidden "Today" portion in the middle of the screen with like 4-5 items?

the only background i need customizeable is the main one and you already have that done so thats all i really would like if you could possibly do that
    02-17-09 12:25 AM
    nice and clean. good work.

p.s. I lol'd at where the DM file is hosted...
    02-17-09 12:27 AM
    is there a way you can please do me a HUUGE favor. this is exactly what i want from a theme BUT!!!

is there a way you can put the icons on the bottom? and then the hidden "Today" portion in the middle of the screen with like 4-5 items?

the only background i need customizeable is the main one and you already have that done so thats all i really would like if you could possibly do that
    Sure thing, I will get this done later today and pm you when it's available.
    02-17-09 05:33 AM
    NICE theme, Ravr. Any ETA on that OTA?
    02-17-09 09:44 AM
    pm me also with the icons on the bottom and the hidden today in the middle.
    thanks
    02-17-09 03:07 PM
    Showing the most recent SMS messages when you tap the icon is sweet! Is it possible to do the same with blackberry messenger?
    02-17-09 03:51 PM
    Also, what're your thoughts on putting the true percentage of the battery meter next to the little battery icon? I think it might be pretty nifty.

BTW, this is the best theme I've seen so far. Excellent work.
    02-17-09 03:52 PM
    OTA?!?!? can't download it since im at work
    02-17-09 04:05 PM
    Also, what're your thoughts on putting the true percentage of the battery meter next to the little battery icon? I think it might be pretty nifty.

BTW, this is the best theme I've seen so far. Excellent work.
    I'll look into placing it in the next update. It would certainly come in handy especially when the battery starts to get low.
    02-17-09 06:27 PM
    Showing the most recent SMS messages when you tap the icon is sweet! Is it possible to do the same with blackberry messenger?
    I believe it is application dependent but I will look into it.
    02-17-09 06:31 PM
    OTA?!?!? can't download it since im at work
    For some reason I can't get the OTA files to work correctly. I'll ask around in the theme developers forum and get back to you.
    02-17-09 06:33 PM
    did you already make it so when we change the home screen it changes every screen?
    cuz thats what im waitin for... and an OTA
    02-17-09 09:25 PM
    Is it possible to make it so that when click on SMS/email it shows the past 10 sms not just the new ones?
    02-17-09 10:08 PM
    did you already make it so when we change the home screen it changes every screen?
    cuz thats what im waitin for... and an OTA
    Not yet but if you provide your desired background I will make a custom edition for you.
    02-17-09 10:21 PM
    This is by far the best theme!!! What the storm should have shipped with!!! Looking forward to the update which make the home screen the background on all menu's. GREAT work! Can't wait to see what you develop next.. I have my wallet ready

Also, will it ever be possible to access the main menu by clicking the screen?
    Last edited by Ivy_Storm_21; 02-17-09 at 10:48 PM.
    02-17-09 10:42 PM
    This is by far the best theme!!! What the storm should have shipped with!!! Looking forward to the update which make the home screen the background on all menu's. GREAT work! Can't wait to see what you develop next.. I have my wallet ready

Also, will it ever be possible to access the main menu by clicking the screen?
    Unfortunately due to the current restrictions with Plazmic being in beta I am running into various issues pushing the customized home screen background to all the menus. I am trying my best to get this working. I will set it up so that clicking the screen brings you to the menu, expect this in the near future. In the mean time if you would like a different background on any of the menu's just supply the image and I will make a custom edition for you.

I'll be sure to keep you all updated on the premium theme currently being developed.
    Last edited by Ravr; 02-18-09 at 04:05 AM.
    02-18-09 02:25 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD