So I just upgraded Facebook to version 1.5 from 1.3. After it rebooted I had to resend my service books, because something wasn't working right. Now I notice my theme is messed up. The calender doesn't show my upcoming events on the today/main page. It did before the facebook upgrade. I changed themes, and changed back with the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
    04-22-09 12:45 PM
    The new facebook blows a mean one is the answer ... I have the same problem as well with facbook sending emails to people i tried to sync with requesting their number when i already have it
    04-22-09 12:47 PM
    Facebook update changed your default calendar.

goto options>advanced options>default services and change the calendar to your preference.

This should solve your problem.
    04-22-09 12:49 PM
    Same problem here...I just changed my default calendar as well and the home screen still hasn't updated itself. Does it take a while for the calendar/home screen to resync on your device?? Just plain annoying...
    04-22-09 12:53 PM
    Thanks Yogi! That was it. I was looking for that. After I installed it I saw something about facebook calendar.

Thanks!
    04-22-09 12:54 PM
    @barryloy no problem...

I noticed if you change the theme back to default and switch back to your favorite today theme, it will display correctly.
    04-22-09 01:04 PM

goto options>advanced options>default services and change the calendar to your preference.

I had the same issue and someone else advised me the same as yours. But when I go to the Default Service, it only displays the Facebook option. There is no BlackBerry option on the dropdown menu. Any advice? FYI... I have un-installed my FB App.

Thanks.
    04-22-09 01:21 PM
    The calendar needs to be associated to your email address that you use. Try doing a battery pull and resend your service books.
    04-22-09 01:54 PM
    The calendar needs to be associated to your email address that you use. Try doing a battery pull and resend your service books.
    I would think this would be the answer also, but it's not. When I installed the FB app, it didn't change my calendar at all. When my husband downloaded the app, it screwed his calendar up--and the only choice for a default calendar was Facebook. It had wiped all his other choices for the default calendar off the phone. I resent service books, did a battery pull... went through the whole process. Didn't work. What I ended up having to do was this...

1. I went back into the FB app, and unchecked the box to automatically sync the FB calendar.

2. Went into Service Books and deleted the service book for the Facebook calendar.

3. Battery pull.

4. When the phone started back up, his today screen was working again, and then I went back into the FB app and rechecked the box to have it sync the calendar. Now the calendar works fine.

Weird.
    04-22-09 02:01 PM

2. Went into Service Books and deleted the service book for the Facebook calendar.
    Hi,
    Could you pls explain how did you delete the service book for the FB? I can only do a service book resend, but where is the options to delete the service book for FB.

Really appreciate your help :-)
    Thanks.

UPDATE: Never Mind!!! I Figure it out :-D
    Last edited by mdpulak; 04-22-09 at 03:52 PM.
    04-22-09 03:41 PM
    Thanks Morf and Yogi for your feedback.
    My Calender is working now!!!
    I guess the crucial thing is to delete the FB Calender from Service Book!!!

Thanks.
    04-22-09 03:53 PM
    I still wish I had an answer (for myself) as to why FB did this to SOME calendars, but not everyone's. Like I said... mine was just fine... didn't change a thing. So strange.
    04-22-09 04:01 PM
    So I thought I had fixed mine since my theme was displaying all my appointments again.

Originally Facebook had my theme showing my facebook friends birthday on the hidden today and nothing else....

What I did was use DM to erase my entire calendar and then syced again with google sync to restore it. Worked fine but now every appointment shows as facebook in my phones calendar and I cant wipe it or get rid of it no matter what I do!

I think this is going to screw up my google sync which has been working flawlessly. Stupid Facebook app!!!!
    04-22-09 05:08 PM
    Yogi & morf rock
    Last edited by trnmariners09; 04-22-09 at 05:17 PM.
    04-22-09 05:14 PM

I had this problem this solved it!
    04-22-09 05:16 PM
    Yogi & morf rock
    Yay! I rock! Thanks!
    04-22-09 05:20 PM
    Awesome!!! Thanks for the fix :-) I was going NUTS!!!
    04-24-09 12:04 AM
    @barryloy no problem...

I noticed if you change the theme back to default and switch back to your favorite today theme, it will display correctly.
    My Storm started turning to junk when I bought a theme from this site...The Verizon tech deleted it and told me about themes on another site....I downloaded one. And now the same problems with the Storm. The only way I fixed it was to re-activate the old, tiresome Zen theme. I have 2 questions:

How can I know which themes will NOT mess with the Storm...negatively?
    ...and How do I completely get rid of the old theme? The tech did it with the first one but I can't seem to find a way to do it with this one.

Thanks for your knowledge.
    A Storm *****~
    05-22-09 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD