OK.
    I made my first theme, and I like it but I can't get the simulator to run. I keep getting a [Reload Software: 507] error. I'm currently using Plazmic 4.7, is there anything I need to know? Help.
    03-08-09 06:51 PM
    Anybody???
    03-08-09 07:46 PM
    i AM Having the same problem i also cannot export the theme i just finished....

Errors:
    Unable to write the theme to the specified output location. Please check the permissions and path specified.
    I/O Error: C:\Documents and Settings\Verbal Labate\My Documents\blackberry themes\com_plazmic_theme_RedwingsTheme1.tmp (The system cannot find the path specified)
    Error: File com_plazmic_theme_RedwingsTheme1.cod cannot be created. (-1)

I keep getting that message what can I do?
    03-08-09 07:48 PM
    i AM Having the same problem i also cannot export the theme i just finished....

Errors:
    Unable to write the theme to the specified output location. Please check the permissions and path specified.
    I/O Error: C:\Documents and Settings\Verbal Labate\My Documents\blackberry themes\com_plazmic_theme_RedwingsTheme1.tmp (The system cannot find the path specified)
    Error: File com_plazmic_theme_RedwingsTheme1.cod cannot be created. (-1)

I keep getting that message what can I do?
    Your theme is too large most likely. Been getting that error too lately. Usually it will tell you if its too big or not, but not lately. Just rework some of the images if you can and see if that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 08:03 PM
    OK.
    I made my first theme, and I like it but I can't get the simulator to run. I keep getting a [Reload Software: 507] error. I'm currently using Plazmic 4.7, is there anything I need to know? Help.
    Is the error showing up in the Sim or windows error? Try to put your cod and alx in the folder with the Sim.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 08:05 PM
    The error is showing up in the Sim. I can see the Blackberry but the error is in that window.
    03-08-09 11:17 PM
    Mine just says that there are no models for the SIM. I can never get it to work.
    03-08-09 11:18 PM
    Mine just says that there are no models for the SIM. I can never get it to work.
    You probably haven't downloaded the BB Simulator...you can get it under the developers section on blackberry.com

The rest of you - Loading your themes in the simulator. NOT THROUGH PLAZMIC...Meaning open your simulator program, and load the JAVA file from your theme (COD). Then go through the menus and activate the theme as you would on the tangible phone...
    03-09-09 08:31 AM
    You probably haven't downloaded the BB Simulator...you can get it under the developers section on blackberry.com

The rest of you - Loading your themes in the simulator. NOT THROUGH PLAZMIC...Meaning open your simulator program, and load the JAVA file from your theme (COD). Then go through the menus and activate the theme as you would on the tangible phone...
    (COD)
    I always end up with about ten COD files, which one do I use?
    03-09-09 09:19 AM
    (COD)
    I always end up with about ten COD files, which one do I use?
    Export in ALX format it will yield only one COD file
    03-09-09 09:21 AM
    Export in ALX format it will yield only one COD file
    I'll try this and see if it works, but I think it's a problem with 4.7.
    03-09-09 09:31 AM
    Nope, didn't work...

I wish I could get the links to exactly what I need...I'm pretty sure that some of this software may be wrong versions.

03-09-09 10:27 AM
    Nope, didn't work...

I wish I could get the links to exactly what I need...I'm pretty sure that some of this software may be wrong versions.
    I am getting the same message. Sometimes I am even getting default zen theme to load no matter which theme I try to load.
    03-19-09 09:44 AM
    I have the same problem so what I have to do has already been mentioned but I'll mention it too.

1. Open you 9500 or 9530 simulator directly.
    2. Let that sucker load up.
    3. Go to "File" > "Load Java Program"
    4. Navigate to your exported ALX theme file
    5. Load the COD
    6. Go to "Options" > "Themes" and it should be there
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    1. To load a newer version, repeat the same process and then go to "File" > "Restart"
    2. The "fledge.bat" will most likely fail, that's okay
    3. Just keep waiting until a dialog box pops up and asks you to either "Wait" or "Exit"
    4. Choose "Exit" and it will close your simulator
    5. Go and re-open your simulator
    6. The updated theme should be showing after the boot up
    03-19-09 03:30 PM
    If you're only seeing the default theme, try navigating to the BB options menu to switch themes. Select the theme to make it active. Hope this helps.
    Rob
    03-19-09 04:10 PM
    I fixed mines, I just go straight to the simulator.
    03-19-09 08:24 PM
    -- Run the simulator with nothing at all..
    -- let it load totaly
    -- go smoke a stoggy
    -- play with the simulator nav to themes
    -- go export your theme as ALX in its own folder not with a JAD archive
    -i-n your simulator click file/load java program...
    -- nav to themes in the simulator
    -- click on your theme

If you get a java error just reload the file through file/load java program.
    03-19-09 08:49 PM
    -- Run the simulator with nothing at all..
    -- let it load totaly
    -- go smoke a stoggy
    -- play with the simulator nav to themes
    -- go export your theme as ALX in its own folder not with a JAD archive
    -i-n your simulator click file/load java program...
    -- nav to themes in the simulator
    -- click on your theme

If you get a java error just reload the file through file/load java program.
    ok i'm sorry but how do you run just the simulator? I still get reload error: 507 on mine. I made my own file just for ALX but that's the only thing I could do right (that and --go smoke a stoggy) Please help!

ok, I found the simulator --went to RIM folder and opened fledgelauncher--it works now (if only my phone could work as fast as the sim) Anyhow... now I can't exit out of the program when I'm done. I have to close it from task manager. Am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by Onna808; 03-26-09 at 04:13 PM.
    03-26-09 03:57 PM
    Im trying to get the storm simulator to work but it stats then has the white screen saying to reload software....how do I get the OS on there?
    05-04-09 04:19 PM
    I was getting the same error. I deleted everything and started over.
    05-04-09 05:21 PM
    I have the same problem so what I have to do has already been mentioned but I'll mention it too.

1. Open you 9500 or 9530 simulator directly.
    2. Let that sucker load up.
    3. Go to "File" > "Load Java Program"
    4. Navigate to your exported ALX theme file
    5. Load the COD
    6. Go to "Options" > "Themes" and it should be there
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    1. To load a newer version, repeat the same process and then go to "File" > "Restart"
    2. The "fledge.bat" will most likely fail, that's okay
    3. Just keep waiting until a dialog box pops up and asks you to either "Wait" or "Exit"
    4. Choose "Exit" and it will close your simulator
    5. Go and re-open your simulator
    6. The updated theme should be showing after the boot up
    Nice post. Other that uninstalling the Simulator. Windows and buying a new system, how do you get it to fogit 'bout some of the crap I have been feeding it ? Specifically, when I get tone and go to load up a new theme, all these zombies are STILL there. Arrrugh !

Doctor Neutron
    05-07-09 10:43 AM
    You all are lucky. I installed mine and it wont even be picked up by Composer or Theme builder!!!!

ANYONE HELP??????
    05-07-09 10:54 AM
    I got the simulator working when i run it by its self thanx!!

how do people get icons on the screen in like custom areas like i want to make something slick like the htc one but i dont feel like plazmic will let me do that...

any suggestions on how to make complex themes i have what i want just dont know how to get the tools to do what i want
    05-07-09 11:03 AM
    So...uninstalled Simulator (2x) and Plazmic 4_7. Nuked all cod, alx, and thm files. With NO plazmic, just re-installed Simulator - it knows about my previous tweaking around - all my crappy themes still on its list. Plus, its list is not just stubs - it knows the older zombie themes! It is like trying to kill a snake - keeps wiggling until the sun goes down ! What am I gonna do ? O, ja, I run Windows Vista Business !

Doctor Neutron
    05-07-09 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD