Ok Im calling all the thememakers!!! There are more and more themes coming out for the storm but im noticing theyre all just different color backgrounds and buttons. Almost everyone of them is a today style or Iphone knockoff. I was pumped for these ate first but now I'm bored. I feel like the lil kid in the Incredibles... I want to see something amazing. We have some of the smartest collection of geeks in the world... Come on people step ur game up! Take ur time and really think of something unique and different. We have such a great canvas in the Storm dont make it boring and lame like the other blackberrys!!! STEP UR GAME UP GUYS. SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!
    02-13-09 11:02 PM
    I'd like to see a 4G theme. The LTE and WiMax icons, etc.
    02-13-09 11:14 PM
    You need to exert a little patience -- or maybe start working on your own theme if nothing that's been released thus far satisfies you. Plazmic 4.7 (which is an early leak and isn't an official release yet) hasn't been out long, first off. Secondly, it's going to be a somewhat evolutionary process simply because you have a whole new pool of potential developers (some of whom have never made a theme until now), and they need time to mess with the platform. Quality will ramp up over time, and you'll start to also see established theme developers port their bestsellers to the Storm.
    02-13-09 11:22 PM
    You need to exert a little patience -- or maybe start working on your own theme if nothing that's been released thus far satisfies you. Plazmic 4.7 (which is an early leak and isn't an official release yet) hasn't been out long, first off. Secondly, it's going to be a somewhat evolutionary process simply because you have a whole new pool of potential developers (some of whom have never made a theme until now), and they need time to mess with the platform. Quality will ramp up over time, and you'll start to also see established theme developers port their bestsellers to the Storm.
    Yeah man, it's tougher than you think to use this kit...there just aren't the options there yet unless you can write java in composer. I think iRing and some of the other themes that are coming soon are more of what we will be seeing in the future. That's the cool thing about jvm, with the right minds and the right developers kit YOU WILL see some cool #&^@ in the coming months.

We are lucky we even have the cdk we do, remember it was a "leak".
    02-13-09 11:31 PM
    As others said I think themes are just being released to experiment with the new leaked plazmuc and to give us a temp theme to look at something new. Once plazmuc is official and everyone has a feel for it all the quality themes will come.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 11:43 PM
    im getting warmed up if the beta is any indication of what the final version of kit will be im going to have some fun later on. Most of the of the people making "themes" right now for the storm and curve are trying to make a quick buck
    02-13-09 11:46 PM
    Ok Im calling all the thememakers!!! There are more and more themes coming out for the storm but im noticing theyre all just different color backgrounds and buttons. Almost everyone of them is a today style or Iphone knockoff. I was pumped for these ate first but now I'm bored. I feel like the lil kid in the Incredibles... I want to see something amazing. We have some of the smartest collection of geeks in the world... Come on people step ur game up! Take ur time and really think of something unique and different. We have such a great canvas in the Storm dont make it boring and lame like the other blackberrys!!! STEP UR GAME UP GUYS. SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!
    I'll have your jaw on the floor within the next couples weeks. The only limiting factor is I may need a final version of Plazmic, not a beta. I know you didn't want an iPhone theme, but I've created a pretty promising Apple one called AppleBerry you should check out. (it's free too!)

But like everybody has said, it just takes time.

Cheers
    02-13-09 11:51 PM
    I'm not tryin to knock any themes that are already out or any developers because not everyone can do this but the storm is such a great platform I just want to make sure we aren't getting complacent with bottom dock icons and the menu list. I want people to really have fun with these themes and take advantage of the capabilities. Cuz this phone is so much better than anything else on the market

02-14-09 10:38 AM
    I'm gonna hold u to that hastings!

02-14-09 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD