Hi folks,

I bought the vista complete theme a week or so ago and only now got around to trying it out. Love the simplicity of it....relatively speaking....still need to get used to it though.

Couple of things I'd like to find out though....not complaints, just queries as to how its supposed to work is all.

1) Along the top "bar" where battery, the day and date and so on show, it shows my connection as 3G (with the lil bb symbol) but not the service (in my case vodafone.de)...is that normal? Also it doesn't show the actual signal strength...was wondering if it was supposed to?

2) The hidden dock on the right side...I assume that it functions with the up and down arrow, not typically like a scroll bar with the action of finger pressure?

3) I read somewhere that its possible to change the right-side dock icons...I've spent ages looking though menus and the like and I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the icons...

Any help or info on these things would be appreciated.
    05-11-09 10:09 AM
    Assuming we're both speaking abut KD's Vista Transformation...

1: it does not show the provider name, but it does show relative signal strength (the fan-looking thing next to the battery)

2: all you have to do is tap on the up or down arrow, and it will scroll up or down the sidebar list

3: the first ten icons will be the ones that show in the sidebar
    05-11-09 12:39 PM
    Thanks for the reply, and yes....we're talking about the KD vista complete theme.

1) Doh!! For some reason I thought the fan was the loudspeaker strength

2) Yeah the right-side dockbar...I understand that by tapping the up/down arrows that it will auto-scroll, but I was kinda hoping it was more of a manual scroll and would stop when I lift my finger off....not really a big deal I guess

3) ok thanks for this, not sure why but I was under the impression the solution was something more complicated....not something as easy as simply the home screen icons

4) Only other thing I can think of is when clicking the vista orb, is there a way to increase the size of the vista hidden dock? Sometimes I have the feeling my fingers are a lil too large Or is there a way to increase the font size within the vista theme? Or would this be handled through the storm options menus?

5) Oh and another thing. I read that weatherbug needs to be the first application to show on the homescreen banner, but I currently don't own weatherbug....is there a way to include another icon up there? Possibly my quicklaunch icon or something? Just curious

Thanks in advance
    05-12-09 02:47 AM
    I need to make a correction, the sidebar consists of icons 2-11, not 1-10.

There is no way to increase the size of the "start menu," but maybe KD could be convinced to adjust it if he updates the theme.

The 1st icon will be the one in the banner. I personally have put BBWeather there (I don't use WeatherBug anymore). You could use anything you want, though.
    05-12-09 07:49 AM
    Cool, thanks for the reply.

The thing with the vista menu isn't really a big deal. The more I use it the more I'm getting used to it.

And regarding the top banner area, all good now. I'm liking this theme more and more and more.
    05-12-09 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD