UPDATE:

OTA Links:
    Sniper Today
    Sniper Zen

Thank you to Chase from talkdelaware.com for hosting!

New versions updated on 03/02/09 (zip files are below)

Updates:
    Text colors
    Homescreen links
    Profiles button
    __________________________________________________ _______

So I was messing around with Plazmic this weekend, and I stumbled upon (what I feel) was a great idea for a theme. I call it SNIPER. This is only my second theme (CTU Console was my first), so go easy...Let me know what you think.

SEE ATTACHMENTS BELOW (Desktop Manager; NOT OTA...yet):

Donations Accepted Here

Before we get to the screenshots, let me preface a few things.

1. I made this theme based on what I wanted to get out of a theme. Since the CB community has offered so much to me, i figured I would give back by sharing my creation, but I am not responding to all requests - I just don't have the time...
    2. I like the look of the default BB icons, so I have no intention of skinning the icons for this theme.
    3. I cannot and will not take credit for the design/creation of the artwork. Most of what you see were images found via Google and "Frankensteined" together using Photoshop to fit my needs. If any of the images used in this theme belong to you, please let me know so due credit can be given.

And...we're off!

On both versions of the theme, the homscreen has the following features:

• The sniper scope is ANIMATED.
    • Click the sniper scope to go to the Application List
    • Objectives = Calendar
    • Intelligence = Messages
    • Targets = SMS and MMS
    • Battery meter is the green bar in the top-left
    • Signal meter is the green bar in the top-right

Today Homescreen

Zen Homescreen

Application List

Application List

Menu

Lists

Lock Screen

Lock Screen

Incoming Call

Active Call

Last edited by 48hughey; 03-03-09 at 09:00 AM.
    02-23-09 09:09 AM
    That is a really creative theme! Nice work! Love the meters...
    02-23-09 09:15 AM
    Dude, this theme looks so super sick. Very nicely done, sir. Tip of the hat!!
    02-23-09 09:16 AM
    Awesome dude, wish I had such epiphanies.

Lol.

Keep it up.

CTU one also freat, have it too.
    02-23-09 12:59 PM
    It is tough to top your CTU theme, but this one is pretty slick too! Nice job!
    02-23-09 01:52 PM
    Hughley...being military myself, I'm REALLY diggin' this theme. Gonna d/l and check it out tonight when I get home. If it looks as good as I think it's going to, I'll definitely send some funds your way.

Thanks!!
    Tim
    02-23-09 03:04 PM
    Hughey...being military myself, I'm REALLY diggin' this theme. Gonna d/l and check it out tonight when I get home. If it looks as good as I think it's going to, I'll definitely send some funds your way.

Thanks!!
    Tim
    Tim, the thanks should go to you! I have freinds and family in the military too, and it is because of people like you and them that we have what we have in this country. Thank you for your service!
    Last edited by 48hughey; 02-23-09 at 04:59 PM.
    02-23-09 04:55 PM
    Thank you, Hughey...very kind of you to say so.

Question...what if I like for my SMS/MMS's to be combined with my messages, is the "targets" icon just going to be blank then?
    02-23-09 05:26 PM
    Thank you, Hughey...very kind of you to say so.

Question...what if I like for my SMS/MMS's to be combined with my messages, is the "targets" icon just going to be blank then?
    Unfortunately, yes. What I can do is recreate the SVG file for the Today version so that the Objectives and Intelligence buttons remain Contacts and Messages and have the Targets button mirror the first app in your Applications List...Any other takers for this change?

I would do this for the Zen version also, but I haven't figured out how to specify which application # to use in Composer when making a button launch an app "based on device order". I could have 6 buttons set up this way, but I can only get them to launch the first app in the list... If anyone knows what setting to change when composing the SVG file to allow me to specify to use app #2 or #3 or #4 and so on in the device's order, I would appreciate it. Maybe something an official release of Plazmic 4.7 will take care of or maybe something I have simply overlooked...?
    02-23-09 05:56 PM
    Well, I've just installed it and let me tell you, this is an awesome theme, man!! Here's a suggestion, how about you make "targets" the contacts instead of SMS/MMS? I believe you meant to say that "objectives" is the calendar, right?

Also, anyway you can put a "sound" profile icon on the home screen? Just curious.

Thanks,
    Tim
    02-23-09 06:03 PM
    Also, is it possible for you to put "intelligence" first and then "objectives"? To me, it's the logical order.

Also, "targets" seems to be closer to "contacts" than SMS's...just my input.
    02-23-09 08:06 PM
    48hughey

I'm new to crackberry but have been on the BBforums for several years. I've seen the other themes here & on BBForums >> this & your CTU themes are amazing. Yes there are other good themes, but I really like these 2.

Keep up the good work!!!
    02-23-09 09:49 PM
    Yo, Hughey...you still around, man?
    02-24-09 12:19 PM
    Yo, Hughey...you still around, man?
    Sorry everyone. Been out of town on business and will be until Thursday...I won't have much time to spend on the themes/forums until then..keep the comments/requests coming and I will field them when I get back to town.

Thanks for all of the support!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 02:15 PM
    love the front screen and controls. altho my screen has gone crazy twice since using this as a theme and had to do battery pulls to fix it. Its never done it before but I can't say its the cause either. Anyway nice work man
    02-24-09 05:06 PM
    looks nice i kinda like
    02-24-09 06:09 PM
    just an idea but for the meter's at the top they could be .50 cal sniper rifle bullet's
    02-24-09 06:26 PM
    nice theme. need custom icons though.stock icons kill it.
    02-26-09 01:06 PM
    Sick theme. I love the scope animation on the homescreen!
    02-26-09 04:35 PM
    Also, anyway you can put a "sound" profile icon on the home screen?
    I will add a profile button to the next release (working on it now, probably finish it this weekend).
    02-26-09 09:51 PM
    Also, is it possible for you to put "intelligence" first and then "objectives"? To me, it's the logical order.
    Agreed. Consider it done for the next release.
    Last edited by 48hughey; 02-26-09 at 09:55 PM.
    02-26-09 09:52 PM
    I love this theme keep up the good work and hope you continue with this kind of work.
    02-26-09 09:59 PM
    I`m new here ,and I must say that is the sickest theme I have ever seen DAM GOOD JOB!
    02-27-09 02:20 PM
    Very nice! Love the CTU Console theme as well, you should do the CTU with a non hidden today theme!
    02-27-09 03:26 PM
    Any word on an OTA for this? It looks great!
    02-27-09 04:26 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD