01-31-11 04:58 PM
132 ... 23456
tools
    For that latest layout, it'd be helpful also to have it so that the new message indicator for emails appears within the "messages" zone, and the new message indicator for SMS appears within the "SMS" zone.
    In plazimic, the unread messages section does not allow you to split out and seperate SMS. That is why I have mine combined. To seperate, you would have to go by the grid, not exactly where the Messages and icons line up.
    06-20-09 10:46 AM
    Would you consider switching slot 2 with the quicklaunch slot so quicklaunch is in the middle or make all three slots optional based on the order of the icons on the applications screen?
    Majority does rule, for posting new jad files. I stated I will take personal requests for custom versions via PM. I've done a few one offs for people that wanted specific apps in the grid.
    06-20-09 10:50 AM
    Perhaps you could go and make a slot 5 and/or add an app button also while keeping your grid simple and easy to use; 12 buttons, 4 rows, 3 columns:

Profile-----clock-----manage conn
    |
    slot1-------slot2------quicklaunch
    |
    slot3-----app or slot4-----slot4 or slot5
    |
    calendar----messages-----sms

Make all buttons equal in size width wise and the 2 middle rows a bit larger than the top/bottom rows.

Just a suggestion.
    Thanks for the suggestion - I'm going to do somethig similar
    06-20-09 08:11 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion - I'm going to do somethig similar
    Can't wait to see what you come up with!
    06-20-09 08:38 PM
    In plazimic, the unread messages section does not allow you to split out and seperate SMS. That is why I have mine combined. To seperate, you would have to go by the grid, not exactly where the Messages and icons line up.
    I'm not sure if we're both talking about the same thing. I'm referring to the little picture of the envelope (the straight envelope with the red star for emails, the slanted envelope with the red star for SMS) that appears in the banner when you have a new message waiting. It's clear that those can be moved around to some extent, since you were able to relocate them from the top banner to the bottom banner. It'd just be visually helpful to have the SMS envelope appear in the SMS portion of the grid. It feels a little weird seeing the icon in one place, then having to click in another place to actually access the SMS screen.

If we are talking about the same thing, then never mind what I'm babbling on about.
    06-21-09 02:00 AM
    I'm not sure if we're both talking about the same thing. I'm referring to the little picture of the envelope (the straight envelope with the red star for emails, the slanted envelope with the red star for SMS) that appears in the banner when you have a new message waiting. It's clear that those can be moved around to some extent, since you were able to relocate them from the top banner to the bottom banner. It'd just be visually helpful to have the SMS envelope appear in the SMS portion of the grid. It feels a little weird seeing the icon in one place, then having to click in another place to actually access the SMS screen.

If we are talking about the same thing, then never mind what I'm babbling on about.
    We are talking about the same thing, in theory. I will do my best to explain, and demonstrate why this gets messy. The unread messages typically sits up in the homescreen and application banners. For this theme, it is (obviously) down below:

When I setup the composer "grid" behind it, and add SMS, it looks like this:

Here is the problem - In plazmic (that I am aware of, and I am not a developer) I see no option to customize the look of how the icons react in the banner. We all know, this displays messages, sms if seperated, bbm, IM and voice mail indicators.

Using this grid, it works well when you just have messages and SMS:

But, when you get a BBM, I cannot control it, and keep sms to the right. You have to keep in mind the "grid" and not the icons. Still all messages on left and sms on right.

06-21-09 04:35 PM
    Sorry for the delay - Work is INSANE !!!

Next update will be this model - Again, please PM if you would like something a llittle different.

06-21-09 04:50 PM

Next update will be this model - Again, please PM if you would like something a llittle different.

Looks great!

So is it done yet?
    06-21-09 07:17 PM
    That is going to R O C K.

By the way...happy fathers day everyone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 07:25 PM
    Working as fast as I can!

OTA will be up tonight!
    06-21-09 07:56 PM
    UPDATED - Finally!

If I screwed something up, let me know - I was rushing.

Feedback + Ideas always welcome. Thanks for all the support.
    06-21-09 09:30 PM
    Sweet! Thanks for all your efforts on this!
    06-21-09 10:04 PM
    thanks. this is awesome!
    06-21-09 10:05 PM
    thanks. this is awesome!
    Sweet! Thanks for all your efforts on this!
    Thanks - I appreciate your feedback!
    06-21-09 10:11 PM
    I haven't found any problems or critiques I could give. Perfection, Viper.

06-22-09 02:08 AM
    Great job!!! Thank you so much. Keep up the great work.
    Jeff
    06-22-09 08:51 AM
    I am fairly sure there was a bit of a leak in the previous version. I would boot with around 42 at 4am and be in the 'teens by early afternoon. Now, its 8pm and I still have 30.

Coincidence? Maybe. Either way I'm really stoked with this current version!

06-22-09 11:11 PM
    I am fairly sure there was a bit of a leak in the previous version. I would boot with around 42 at 4am and be in the 'teens by early afternoon. Now, its 8pm and I still have 30.

Coincidence? Maybe. Either way I'm really stoked with this current version!

I boot up at 50, and spend most of the day in the high 30's and 40's usually. That's odd, because I did nothing different with this version, only added more to it....
    06-22-09 11:21 PM
    ALL CLEAR BANNER VERSIONS HAVE BEEN UPDATED - To fix bug, now these all have clear top banner instead of black.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I was rushing last night...

Thanks mtbusiness, for bringing this to my attention.
    06-22-09 11:58 PM
    Maybe it was just me. Either way, its rockin now!

I boot up at 50, and spend most of the day in the high 30's and 40's usually. That's odd, because I did nothing different with this version, only added more to it....
    06-23-09 12:34 AM
    Hey Viper,

How hard is it to make the menus semi-transparent and change the selection highlight color to green?

I've had this theme locked in for days now and havent switched (which is really rare for me). REALLY liking your work, Viper.
    06-25-09 06:18 PM
    The menus - never messed with, have no idea... Would have to look into it.
    The icon, simple - Just PM me with what version you are using -
    06-25-09 10:43 PM

Next version - "Custom 8" !!! Same top and bottom banner apps, but with 8 slots for your first 8 apps. I got some tips, and know what it's like when you want to set it up your own way. Let me know if any of you are interested.

Just loaded - testing now.....
    06-25-09 10:46 PM
    oo, i want custom 8
    06-25-09 11:15 PM
    The menus - never messed with, have no idea... Would have to look into it.
    The icon, simple - Just PM me with what version you are using -
    pm sent

thx, viper
    06-26-09 12:37 AM
132 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD