I'm sure these questions have been asked but I have not found the answers to them. I guess this is directed towards anyone with knowledge of builds later than .122.

First, will it be possible to lock the phone in portrait/landscape view, or will there be an option to set screen rotation as a convenience key? I realize the accelerometer is, besides the touch screen, a key factor to the phone, but I feel that the screen rotates far more frequently than I like it to (and still seems overly sensitive to me).

Second, Theme Builder currently only has options for creating a Zen theme or a Custom theme (which is a Today theme). Does anyone know if we will have the option to create an Icon theme in the future? Coming from the 8330, I always used an Icon theme. Part of the reason why locking the phone in either portrait/landscape makes sense to me is because, without the ability to create an Icon theme, I'm forced to have a Homescreen and an Applications Screen. The phone is sluggish in rotating between the Homescreen and the Applications Screen, and personally I have no need for two separate screens. I wish we could set the Applications Screen as default so that we never have to deal with the Homescreen.

Third, will future builds have an option to enable/disable screen transitions/effects? While they are pretty to look at for 5 minutes, I wonder if having them on slows the OS down at all (kind of like how it does in Windows - which is why there's an option to turn them off). I seem to remember that .90 had no fade effects and the phone switched screens/orientation faster because of it.

Lastly, will future builds allow throttling of the CPU? Other phones have this option and it's a nice feature to have, because sometimes you need the processor to be at max, but sometimes you need to save battery.
    04-09-09 03:55 PM
    i think the idea of locking the accelerometer is great. I know I have found myself lying in bed on my side typing when it rotates, that kinda angers me.. Wish I could either lock it or click a button to rotate it.. I know the LG Dare has a function similar to that. I bet its do-able!
    04-09-09 06:01 PM
    No one can shed any light on this? Radio? Crucial?
    04-11-09 06:02 PM
    Turning off the fades/transitions would be good.

Running the storm side by side with a Bold, it's amazing the difference in speed.
    04-19-09 12:55 PM
    Turning off the fades/transitions would be good.

Running the storm side by side with a Bold, it's amazing the difference in speed.
    Which is faster? I haven't played with a Bold.
    04-19-09 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD