Well I was bored so I started something. I think my best idea was using the little VW symbol as the "new" icon.

I am try too look for a cool icon set. (any help?)
    I am also looking for a gas gauge as our battery gauge. (any help?)
    I also wanted to do something a boost gauge maybe for the sound profiles
    or the arrow glass. (once again any help?)

This is my first time use this program and making themes and stuff.

Here is where I am at.

Still has a ways to go. I am trying to make/look for a better VW background also.
    02-20-09 05:24 PM
    Well I just downloaded plazmic and I'm staring at my desktop with it open but I don't want to start cause I'm lazy and I'm sick and tired lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 10:15 PM
    New background & Phone Background:

*icons are scrollable..
    Last edited by Jester2893; 02-20-09 at 11:17 PM.
    02-20-09 11:15 PM
    bump anyone have some ideas?
    02-21-09 05:11 PM
    Well I was bored so I started something. I think my best idea was using the little VW symbol as the "new" icon.
    I did that on my pearl vw theme
    I am try too look for a cool icon set. (any help?)
    Check out deviantart.com. Lots of great sets there. You can also find a free plugin for photoshop to change .ico files to .png so you can use them to build themes (search google for it).
    I am also looking for a gas gauge as our battery gauge. (any help?)
    May have to just find a gauge icon and modify it yourself...but thats a great idea!
    02-21-09 05:48 PM
    I did that on my pearl vw theme

Check out deviantart.com. Lots of great sets there. You can also find a free plugin for photoshop to change .ico files to .png so you can use them to build themes (search google for it).

May have to just find a gauge icon and modify it yourself...but thats a great idea!

I am not to good with photoshop, so if you or anyone knows how to do a gauge icon as the battery. Also a boost gauge for the hourglass or the sound profiles?

We could make this a group VW theme?
    02-21-09 06:30 PM
    Another update..

opinions?

when you "touch" an icon the hover is a little VW stamp in the right hand corner..
    02-21-09 11:58 PM
    08 Jetta 2.0T
    02-22-09 12:11 AM
    i started working on a dark vdub theme but i stoped! cant seem to find the right icons for it!
    02-22-09 09:59 AM
    i started working on a dark vdub theme but i stoped! cant seem to find the right icons for it!
    Yea, that's where I am at now. I just started using icons that look cool me.
    02-22-09 10:08 AM
    only problem is i cant seem to get anything to work right. i can give you a link to what i have already. but like i said i stoped so i dont know if i am going to keep going on.. really all i want for the storm is vag-com software! you true dubbers would know what im talking about!
    02-22-09 12:25 PM
    If you want you can pm me a link and maybe we can combine both of ours and make a really good vdub theme?
    02-22-09 03:07 PM
    pm sent.....
    02-22-09 06:04 PM
    Another update..

opinions?

when you "touch" an icon the hover is a little VW stamp in the right hand corner..

i like that A LOT!
    02-22-09 08:35 PM
    i was just thinking about getting plazmic so i would be able to make a vw theme. noticed all the work really enjoy what your doing coming from a fellow vw driver.
    02 GTi 337
    02-22-09 10:22 PM
    A vag com for the storm would be really nice and useful. All I would need to fix a vw would be a storm,zip tie, duct tape, and for the mk 4 some ignition coils haha
    02-23-09 12:08 AM
    Can't really work on this theme during the week, but Ill work on it more on Thursday sometime and over the weekend.

If ANYONE knows how to adjust the scrolling on the home screen so its smoother and faster, please let me know.

Also if anyone knows some more places for icons and things that would be great.
    02-23-09 05:43 PM
    I have A DBP 2004 R32. I also have expereience with plazmic, photoshop, and the Futura font package that VW uses in all their ads. I will take a hack at it. It will more than likely be a zen theme scince it doesn't leak memory like the today themes in this beta.

I am at about a resting point with the other theme I developed, so it's time to move on to something new for now!
    02-23-09 06:09 PM
    really all i want for the storm is vag-com software! you true dubbers would know what im talking about!
    now that would be pretty sick!
    02-24-09 09:36 PM
    i would like to see something in the way of an mkiv jetta for anyone currently tackling these requests possibly with the highlights of the stamps to be ones such as a 1.8t symbol r32 vr6 etc this way it appeals to many dubbers also i think it would be neat if someone was to use the highlight idea and just use diffrent backgroungs (gli r32 vw symbol etc ) just some sugguestions
    03-03-09 11:56 PM
    Bump to see if anyone is doing this?

I tried, but pretty much gave up as I don't think its on par with some other quality themes.
    03-25-09 06:06 PM
    Hey guys, just found this thread... pretty sweet. I requested a VW theme by a guy who is doing personalised themes for people. If he agrees to do it i will post it here, you guys could just change the backgrounds and what not...

For all you MKIV owners....
    a forum member made this wallpaper for me...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bor...98/index8.html at the bottom of the last page..

As for VW theme.. definately like the rabbit and the .:R logos as possible icons etc...

I drive an 03 Jetta 2.0.. not doing too many mods aside from lights and sound system as i am probably selling it before september.. Love the Jetta gli though...
    03-30-09 08:38 PM
    Ill take a whake at it, I've been promissing a Lost Theme for a while though. But Ill get on it after I stop slacking and finish that one.

04.5 GLI
    03-31-09 12:24 PM
    Ill take a whake at it, I've been promissing a Lost Theme for a while though. But Ill get on it after I stop slacking and finish that one.

04.5 GLI
    any Ideas of what to do with the indicators?
    03-31-09 12:28 PM
    Jealous of your gli. Post a picture! Done any mods to it?

What do you guys think about MKI MKII MKIII etc for either netwrk bars or battery lvl?

How about a spinning opened up turbo as the "working" clock or indicator?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 12:55 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD