This thought occurred to me after seeing Synergie's Futurist theme, which has kind of the beginnings of the layout of the dialing computer from Stargate SG-1.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...oss/screen.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ss/screen2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ss/screen4.jpg

Obviously converting something like this into a viable theme would require considerably more skill than I have; at the very least, the elements of the screens would have to be rearranged and resized to fit a portrait home screen without getting distorted. It could conceivably make for a good Today screen, though, with icons along the right side where the glyphs are and also along the bottom side underneath the rendering of the Stargate.
    02-18-09 04:55 AM
    stargate the original movie is on my top five list of favorite movies. i would love to see this theme
    02-18-09 04:59 AM
    This is a slick idea, SG-1 is in my top ten shows next to Star Trek and Sopranos.
    02-18-09 04:58 PM
    I wonder if Plazmic allows for this kind of rearrangment of the dial pad for the phone. As a theme, this would rock!!!
    02-18-09 05:18 PM
    I wonder if Plazmic allows for this kind of rearrangment of the dial pad for the phone. As a theme, this would rock!!!
    You mean having the 0-9, *, and # keys on the phone oriented in a circle around a Stargate image, and then having each one "lock" into a box as you dial? That would be ridiculously awesome.

But at this point, I'll be happy with a dialing computer home screen theme
    02-18-09 05:20 PM
    You mean having the 0-9, *, and # keys on the phone oriented in a circle around a Stargate image, and then having each one "lock" into a box as you dial? That would be ridiculously awesome.

That is exactly the idea.
    02-18-09 05:31 PM
    OK, most importantly... were is P8X-231? It's not on my Stargate Cartouche.
    02-18-09 05:36 PM

This would be nice, but you can't rearrange the dial pad.
    02-18-09 05:38 PM
    It's called a DHD, people. Dial Home Device. That being said, a DHD screen would be pretty cool!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 09:12 PM
    It's called a DHD, people. Dial Home Device. That being said, a DHD screen would be pretty cool!

this isnt technically a DHD as the USAF dont have a DHD they have a computer verison that took them years to create..

i love stargate sg-1 :]
    02-18-09 09:17 PM
    Eh yeah... Details, details. Now, having the stargate itself on the main screen with icons around it? Cool!

02-18-09 10:48 PM
    this isnt technically a DHD as the USAF dont have a DHD they have a computer verison that took them years to create..

i love stargate sg-1 :]
    Yeah... and the DHDs themselves look a little too... rustic for my tastes. Even the one in Atlantis.
    02-19-09 12:04 AM
    Played around with those images and came up with this - kinda q&d but with a little tweaking and creating some more icons, it might come out pretty good...

The four icons on the home screen are fixed right now - messages, browser, media and calendar. If you click the center of the gate on the homescreen, it pops up the application screen. Anyway, if anyone interested, I will post the finished theme when done.
    02-20-09 10:22 PM
    Stargate Worlds Files - Picture of The Day This might be a good image to use for the incoming call screen as well, as an alternative to the DHD.

Stargate Dialing Simulator, Stargate Worlds Downloads, Stargate Worlds Other

That second link is a download for a pretty sweet on-screen simulator for the SGC computer. One could probably grab screenshot some really good background images from it, and I think it has a screen that shows every glyph (good for cropping out individual icons)

EDIT: SGCSim - Welcome | Stargate Command Dialing Computer Simulation actually has a newer version of the dialing sim.
    Last edited by kf6tac; 02-21-09 at 10:05 PM.
    02-21-09 06:32 PM
    **** yeah some stargate
    02-22-09 12:26 AM
    This would be nice, but you can't rearrange the dial pad.
    Also not in composer?
    02-22-09 05:24 AM
    That looks like a great start on the StarGate Theme. All the ideas are really neat. I would even pay for this. Hope you get it working.
    03-08-09 09:45 PM
    yes please make this theme!!!!!!
    03-08-09 10:53 PM
    Played around with those images and came up with this - kinda q&d but with a little tweaking and creating some more icons, it might come out pretty good...

The four icons on the home screen are fixed right now - messages, browser, media and calendar. If you click the center of the gate on the homescreen, it pops up the application screen. Anyway, if anyone interested, I will post the finished theme when done.
    these are so sweet they almost made me cry!! lol!!!!
    03-08-09 10:56 PM
    this would be a sweet theme if it were operational... i'd also take a farscape theme based around a wormhole.
    03-10-09 12:31 PM
    I would love to see something come of this. I'm a huge SG fan and would love to have a working SG Theme... but I'm useless with plazmic...
    03-13-09 04:21 AM
    Beautiful. A Must have theme.
    03-13-09 07:00 AM
    is anybody going to make this or are we just wishful thinking???
    03-13-09 02:05 PM
    That is FREAKIN awesome.

I am going to be watching this for the finished product.

Cya
    03-15-09 02:35 AM
    For the bold but can change it, if you like

universe not sg1 but i like them all so,
    05-01-10 07:51 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD