I know Hastings is busy, but can somebody help me with this one? well, I loaded the glass theme with the weather but I can't get the weather to appear on the top left corner and my lock screen "the lock" is on the right bottom corner. How do I fix these?

ok, I just got the weather to be on the right spot but not the lock on the lock screen.
    Last edited by jquest68; 12-17-09 at 11:48 PM.
    12-17-09 10:57 PM
    Mr Hastings sir please dont ignore me.... can u address my issue with the theme please?
    I know u av exams an all but wen u get the chance i will gladly appreciate it!
    Hey dejavu,

No intention to ignore you! I thought I actually addressed your question via. email, but I guess that wasn't you. Often times people post here and send an email at the same time. =P

Unfortunately I don't have a concrete answer regarding OS 5.0 compatibility. As far as I know, that OS hasn't gone official in any capacity so I do not officially support it, if it works, it works. (=

If other themes work on OS 5.0, I assume AppleBerry would too. If they don't, AppleBerry probably won't.

I will have AppleBerry 2.0 released in the coming weeks and I will ensure that it is OS 5.0 compatible.
    12-18-09 12:46 PM
    I know Hastings is busy, but can somebody help me with this one? well, I loaded the glass theme with the weather but I can't get the weather to appear on the top left corner and my lock screen "the lock" is on the right bottom corner. How do I fix these?

ok, I just got the weather to be on the right spot but not the lock on the lock screen.
    Hey jquest,

So I just responded to a similar email question regarding weather, that may have been you, but I see you already solved the problem.

As for the lock icon on the lock screen, that is purposely designed to stay in the bottom right of the screen. This is the original location on the stock Storm theme as well, and it leaves maximum room for you to write a security message on the lock screen. (=

I do have AppleBerry 2.0 on the go, and that features a significantly nicer lock screen. (I'll get pics up soon!)

Cheers,

Andrew
    12-18-09 12:50 PM

I do have AppleBerry 2.0 on the go, and that features a significantly nicer lock screen. (I'll get pics up soon!)

Cheers,

Andrew
    Hey Andrew, How about a Christmas Surprise for your fans and release Appleberry 2.0 by the 25th? Or at least some nice detailed screen shots by then!

Hope your exams went well!
    12-18-09 02:04 PM
    You know, it's a real shame that you put your education ahead of theme building. Really, you have to set your priorities straight
    12-18-09 02:55 PM
  6. Ph
    Hey jquest,

So I just responded to a similar email question regarding weather, that may have been you, but I see you already solved the problem.

As for the lock icon on the lock screen, that is purposely designed to stay in the bottom right of the screen. This is the original location on the stock Storm theme as well, and it leaves maximum room for you to write a security message on the lock screen. (=

Cheers,

Andrew
    Damn, I just purchased AppleBerry Glass 1.4 for my Storm2 9550 and didn't read all of this thread to see that there is a 2.0 version coming out. Is there anything I can do in order to get an upgrade?
    12-26-09 05:09 PM
    Is anyone having a problem with weatherbug on the home screen (I think that's what it's called--the screen with the weather icon in the upper left)? The icon for the current weather does not update at all. The current temp is displayed, but not an icon for cloud cover, precip, moon, etc. When I hit the blackberry button and list all the icons, the weatherbug icon shows a depiction of the current weather that's current...it just doesn't update on the home screen. I'm running the latest versions of weatherbug and appleberry glass on a storm2 with the current official OS.

BTW Hastings...love the theme!

I apologize if this has already been addressed, but I did a quick search and couldn't find the help I needed.
    01-05-10 10:09 PM
    Is anyone having a problem with weatherbug on the home screen (I think that's what it's called--the screen with the weather icon in the upper left)? The icon for the current weather does not update at all. The current temp is displayed, but not an icon for cloud cover, precip, moon, etc. When I hit the blackberry button and list all the icons, the weatherbug icon shows a depiction of the current weather that's current...it just doesn't update on the home screen. I'm running the latest versions of weatherbug and appleberry glass on a storm2 with the current official OS.

BTW Hastings...love the theme!

I apologize if this has already been addressed, but I did a quick search and couldn't find the help I needed.
    its an OS bug. the icon not updating has nothing to do with the theme
    01-05-10 10:12 PM
    not to seem like a pest but when will appleberry 2.0 & appleberry dark 2.0 be released ? i know you said you would have pics up by the 25th but i still see none . don't mean to sound desperate or anything, just really excited about what 2.0 has to offer =]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 09:55 AM
    Hey Andrew,

First off I have to say this theme rocks and I can't wait for the 2.0 version to come out. I was a college student once so I totally know where you're coming from when it comes to time. So I will patiently await the release.

Im really hoping the new 2.0 version fixes some of my issues. Im running a Verizon 5.0.0.328 OS on a Telus storm. Ive had countless issues from random lock ups to the screen getting stuck in either landscape or portrait mode when there is an incoming call. Its like the phone/OS/theme is hung up or cant decide what to do. I still dont understand why you cant just hit the green phone button (like a master override) and it just answers the call regardless of whats on the screen. Anyways when this happens, it always means I miss the call and have to do a bat pull before I can even think about doing anything with the phone. I hope that all made sense? Oh and I should mention that I never have any of these issue with ugly original theme.

Things got better with the 5.0 OS but I can go a week with zero issues to having to bat pull 6 times or more in 2 daysvery annoying when your storm is inside an otterbox and your missing calls all the time.

I know youve been asked before but any word on an approximate release date?

Anyone else have this issue?
    01-07-10 04:58 AM
    Andrew, give us a sign you're still with us! Or has John Galt gotten to you?
    01-07-10 07:42 AM
    Hey all,

Sorry about the absence, I always keep up with email tech support I just don't always have time to jump on the forums.

I was actually given a surprise vacation to Punta Cana for Christmas and I leave this Saturday, the 9th, until the 16th. Rather than pack clothes and prepare for the trip, I have been working on version 2.0. The issue is, I cannot release it until I get back because I won't be available to answer the flurry of questions I will most definitely receive.

I have been focusing on getting tech support on auto-pilot, and to assist with that I have created BlingBerry Themes - Support Page - a mobile site, designed to answer commonly asked AppleBerry related questions. This site is temporary, and I will be referring all customers who email me to visit the website for assistance.

I apologize for the delay on releasing 2.0 - it wasn't a good idea to set my target as before Christmas, since I literally had no time in late December to even think about it.

I have been having some difficulty with version 2.0, I have implemented a landscape homescreen with another version of Stacks (grid view), but I've noticed that landscape homescreens tend to "stick" when you rotate the device back and cause all sorts of problems with the device rendering two SVG files at the same time. I think I may have been too ambitious with such a new feature, so it is likely that the landscape mode will feature six icons bouncing on the dock, and portrait will keep Stacks.

Anyways, hopefully that is a sufficient update for now. I feel bad for going on vacation, but I haven't been on one for 7 years, so it's long overdue...and hey, free vacation? Sure. =P
    01-07-10 10:33 AM
    Hey all,
    I feel bad for going on vacation, but I haven't been on one for 7 years, so it's long overdue...and hey, free vacation? Sure. =P
    Hey Andrew,

You deserve a break so enjoy it! We'll be here when you get back so don't worry about your loyal fans!
    01-07-10 05:29 PM
    Hey, Andrew: NEVER apologize for "going on vacation" ! Heck, you just graduated from college...you deserve it. Avoiding something like a vacation, especially a FREE vacation, simply so that you can get an app released, is not worth it.

Enjoy it, perhaps while you're laying on the beach, you might even come up with a solution for the sticking landscape view and come back refreshed and ready to go, we can wait!

P.S. Have a "Tahiti Tingle" for me!
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 01-07-10 at 05:35 PM.
    01-07-10 05:32 PM
    hey there. nice theme. its awesome. There is one problem though.

Im the browser icon doesnt show on my storm. ITs just a blank spot. But i can click it.

Im on OS 5, I've tried deleting and re downloading the theme. Still doesnt work
    01-08-10 07:37 AM
    Andrew is on vacation pretty close to Haiti...I sure hope he's ok and will be able to travel...such a horrendous thing to happen to those poor people.
    01-13-10 08:37 PM
    I can not get my calendar events to show up on my homescreen. I have events in my calendar, but I still get nothing. HELP!!!
    01-22-10 01:51 AM
    smooth and clean tks barry
    01-23-10 12:41 AM
    Somehow, I overlooked this post...it's hilarious and could be true!

Andrew, give us a sign you're still with us! Or has John Galt gotten to you?
    01-23-10 02:15 AM
  20. Ph
    I can not get my calendar events to show up on my homescreen. I have events in my calendar, but I still get nothing. HELP!!!
    Simply touch (not click) the calendar icon and you should see your events display on the homescreen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 02:47 AM
    Hey all,

I'm definitely still alive. Sorry, email is always the best way to contact me if there are questions since it's strapped to my hip.

I'm so, so close to having 2.0 completed. I'm just nitpicking at this point, there are really only finishing touches left to do. I'm visiting Waterloo today (heaven, for me), to show the guys and get some questions answered regarding some strange behavior with landscape homescreens.

We're definitely good for a release next weekend, and I'll get some screenshots and change log posted sooner than that.

Keep in mind this is an evolutionary upgrade, not a revolutionary one. 90% of the enhancements are graphical, with small changes to the SVG. I may implement one very cool feature, but it has to perform well. (=

Thanks again for the patience!
    01-23-10 10:01 AM
    can i use this theme on the storm 2? what are the cons?
    01-23-10 11:53 PM
    I've been using it on my S2 since I got the phone near release day. The only issue I'm having, as are those with many other themes, is with the home page when the phone is in horizontal mode. Rather than a full screen background, two white bars, one on each side, obscure the background. This was because Plazmic, the software used for designing the themes (and owned by RIM), was late in getting the new version out that works with the 5.0 software. Bottom line, Andrew had to wait for that to come out and then he made some big modifications. If you read the thread here, you'll see that he will soon have Version 2.0 ready for release.

I'm still using the old version (Appleberry Glass Dark w/Stacks) and I love it. The white bar thing is but a minor nuisance that will go away soon with the updated version!

can i use this theme on the storm 2? what are the cons?
    01-24-10 01:47 AM
    I've been using it on my S2 since I got the phone near release day. The only issue I'm having, as are those with many other themes, is with the home page when the phone is in horizontal mode. Rather than a full screen background, two white bars, one on each side, obscure the background. This was because Plazmic, the software used for designing the themes (and owned by RIM), was late in getting the new version out that works with the 5.0 software. Bottom line, Andrew had to wait for that to come out and then he made some big modifications. If you read the thread here, you'll see that he will soon have Version 2.0 ready for release.

I'm still using the old version (Appleberry Glass Dark w/Stacks) and I love it. The white bar thing is but a minor nuisance that will go away soon with the updated version!
    will i have to pay another 4 bucks for the update..cause i just bought the theme 10 min ago and its great but i would of held off if i new an update was coming and i had to pay :/
    01-24-10 01:56 AM
  25. Ph
    I believe Kevin said there would be some kind of special deal on v. 2.0 for those who have already purchased the original theme. Not sure though so I would check with him just to be sure.
    01-24-10 03:10 AM
10,775 ... 422423424425426 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD