Will this work for the storm in Australia???
    Sure will! It will work anywhere and on either the 9500 or the 9530.
    08-05-09 08:17 AM
    Downloaded this theme..cleanest i've seen thus far. Always keep going back.

One small issue: If i go to my downloads or setup folder, the background image behind the words "downloads" or "setup" are black, not the blue image. Is this part of the theme? I've deleted the theme and re-installed but still the same. Just figured it'd all be blue. If not, know how to fix this?

thanks
    It sounds to me like you're still running the old, stock OS that shipped with the Storm, version .75 I believe.

That problem fixes itself with any OS update that you select. (I recommend OS .151!)
    08-05-09 08:19 AM
    It sounds to me like you're still running the old, stock OS that shipped with the Storm, version .75 I believe.

That problem fixes itself with any OS update that you select. (I recommend OS .151!)
    Perfect thanks!.
    08-05-09 08:44 AM
    I've been using Appleberry Classic TWB for ages now and it's brilliant, along with QuickLaunch v2 it has made my Storm the phone it should have been all along!

Now, I've just gone from version .151 to .167 on the firmware and the only glitch I can see with the Appleberry theme is that the icon titles (ie 'Calendar' or 'SMS and MMS') don't display permanently now, they display if you hold your finger on the icon but previously they displayed once it had been selected whereas now they only display for as long as you hold your finger on it.

I've seen lots of people saying they've had problems with themes after upgrading firmware but for as long as I've been using the Appleberry theme this is the most serious problem I have ever had in all my non-official versions of firmware...

Edited to say that email/SMS tone notifications don't work either but that seems on every theme under .167
    Last edited by peterg1955; 08-10-09 at 04:14 PM.
    08-10-09 04:02 PM
    Now that Plazmic is updated to work on the Tour, will there be a Tour version coming out soon??
    08-12-09 10:22 PM
    Now that Plazmic is updated to work on the Tour, will there be a Tour version coming out soon??
    I second that.
    08-13-09 09:59 AM
    I think I'm going to wait on a Tour port for now. It's still a very early version of Plazmic and unfortunately many customers don't understand that problems will arise. I'll end up responding to 30+ emails a day from customers who want refunds or who start posting negative reviews. Not cool!

There are a whole list of problems already mentioned that affect all Tour themes and since I release eight versions, I would end up updating all eight versions multiple times and it would turn into a nightmare very quickly. =P
    08-13-09 10:38 AM
    Hey Hasting's,

So I ended up permanently switching back from AB:dark to AB:classic. The only thing is when I downloaded it I only got the non-today/weather version loaded on my phone. The weather isn't a huge deal for me but would like get back the today feature. Any insight on how I can do this? I used the link in the op to download it. Thanks in advance for any help!
    08-20-09 02:16 PM
    can i change my wallpaper to whatever i want with this theme? and also will the wallpaper show through all the icons unlike how the oem theme is? I want my wallpaper showing through all the icons not just he home screen...
    08-21-09 03:50 AM
    Hey Hasting's,

So I ended up permanently switching back from AB:dark to AB:classic. The only thing is when I downloaded it I only got the non-today/weather version loaded on my phone. The weather isn't a huge deal for me but would like get back the today feature. Any insight on how I can do this? I used the link in the op to download it. Thanks in advance for any help!
    Hey Dasher,

Make sure you've downloaded the correct version. That is, the filename is AppleBerryClassicT.jad or AppleBerryClassicTWB.jad.

If you're running the correct version, then I suspect you're having issues with your device not displaying any today entries. You can email me: ahasting [at] ryerson.ca - we'll resolve it that way.

If you haven't downloaded the correct version, you can email me and I will send you all the necessary OTA links, or you can log into MobiHand and redownload the .zip file and use those OTA links there.
    08-21-09 08:31 AM
    can i change my wallpaper to whatever i want with this theme? and also will the wallpaper show through all the icons unlike how the oem theme is? I want my wallpaper showing through all the icons not just he home screen...
    Hey there,

The wallpaper can only be changed on the homescreen. Other BlackBerry devices allow the user to change the wallpapers throughout the homescreen, application menu, and lock screen, but not the Storm. I have no idea why RIM hasn't implemented such a feature when every other device has, but hopefully they will some day.

Cheers
    08-21-09 08:32 AM
    Quick question. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but this thread is so big that going back through it all is impossible.

I've used this theme for a while now (it's awesome) and enjoy the "drop down" calendar feature on the home screen. The other day it started just showing birthdays from my facebook account and not events that I put in my calendar. I've looked through everything and can't figure out how to make it go back to displaying my personal events.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
    08-24-09 12:20 PM
    Quick question. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but this thread is so big that going back through it all is impossible.

I've used this theme for a while now (it's awesome) and enjoy the "drop down" calendar feature on the home screen. The other day it started just showing birthdays from my facebook account and not events that I put in my calendar. I've looked through everything and can't figure out how to make it go back to displaying my personal events.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
    A �today� style theme can only display events from ONE calendar linked to ONE email address.

You should open up your calendar and view any event, at the top you should see which email address the event is linked to. You must make sure all of your calendar events are linked to one specific email account.

Next go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Default Services -> Make sure your �Calendar� is set to the same email address as your actual calendar events.

I bet right now it's set to Facebook, so set it to the same email address as your events are linked to and it should work.
    08-24-09 12:26 PM
    Awesome. Thanks for the help.
    08-24-09 12:32 PM
    Hi Hastings,

I had to switch my phone over to a replacement and I have been running Appleberry Dark with stacks. And when I switched it over the icon for my aim email switched but finally moved back to the previous icon but my icons for my gmail and verizon emails changed to a stamp with a bird on it (which I assume is an theme icon change). Is there anyway for me to change the icons back to a regular folder or something else. Thanks for your help and f.y.i. I have not found a theme that compares to yours!
    08-26-09 03:09 PM
    Please create appleberry for BOLD,Hastings, i love it so much . . .
    09-02-09 09:13 PM
    hello Hastings:

I'm sure you know that themes are having issues with .167. Will you be providing an update for those of us who purchased your themes and now want to upgrade? Thanks!...and I love your theme! it's amazing!!
    09-04-09 03:01 AM
    Love the Theme, same ? as timberwolf - if you need any help isolating the issues let me know.
    09-06-09 07:49 PM
    Hey all,

.167 is not compatible with themes, all of them suffer from the same problems which you can find all over these forums. (included stickied to the top of this particular forum!) As such there isn't anything I can do to make them work with .167, I suggest sticking with .151 if you want a solid OS and wait for something else to come along.

Sorry! I really do try my best to keep up with beta releases, but sometimes the OS is at fault. (=
    09-06-09 08:17 PM
    I'm sorry if this has been hit on a ton already, I thought I found the answer, but I did not.

I am trying to get my calendar messages to show on the home page wallpaper, but for some reason it isn't cooperating. One thread told me to go to options, default services, and make sure that my email was set up with my calendar. It is, and I even double checked it to make sure.

I just now pulled the phone and had a reset, and the calendar event still will not show up. Any ideas? Thanks.
    09-09-09 02:22 PM
    hi. Brand new to BB and to this theme (although I am really liking it so far) but this thread is so huge I couldn't read through it all....I saw a post above about changing the wallpaper but I am still a little confused. Does the wallpaper only work on non-today screen themes? And how do I get that pretty purple burst one to be the background for my theme? I have the Appleberry Theme suite if that helps-and I just got it the other day. Thanks!
    09-10-09 07:53 PM
    I'm sorry if this has been hit on a ton already, I thought I found the answer, but I did not.

I am trying to get my calendar messages to show on the home page wallpaper, but for some reason it isn't cooperating. One thread told me to go to options, default services, and make sure that my email was set up with my calendar. It is, and I even double checked it to make sure.

I just now pulled the phone and had a reset, and the calendar event still will not show up. Any ideas? Thanks.
    To fix your Calendar:

- Resync your Calendar with Outlook
    - If you're using Google Sync, uninstall and reinstall GSync and resync.
    - If you�ve just manually put your calendar information into the Storm without a computer:

A �today� style theme can only display events from ONE calendar linked to ONE email address.

You should open up your calendar and view any event, at the top you should see which email address the event is linked to. You must make sure all of your calendar events are linked to one specific email account.

Next go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Default Services -> Make sure your �Calendar� is set to the same email address as your actual calendar events. (that should do it 99% of the time)

If none of those work, you can try something drastic, but you MUST back up your device first. I�ve heard this method works very well, but you may want to investigate it further.

Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Book -> Look for entries that have [CICAL] beside them, and delete them.

Plug your device back into your computer, and use the BlackBerry desktop manager to selectively restore just the calendar. After the selective restore, the device should have a functioning calendar. (=

Let me know if you have any problems!

Cheers,
    09-11-09 10:31 AM
    hi. Brand new to BB and to this theme (although I am really liking it so far) but this thread is so huge I couldn't read through it all....I saw a post above about changing the wallpaper but I am still a little confused. Does the wallpaper only work on non-today screen themes? And how do I get that pretty purple burst one to be the background for my theme? I have the Appleberry Theme suite if that helps-and I just got it the other day. Thanks!
    Hi Colleen,

The only limitation with changing your wallpaper on the Storm is that you can only change the "homescreen" wallpaper, that is, the screen with the icon dock and stacks, etc. Other BlackBerry devices allow the user to modify the "Application Menu" which is the screen just after the homescreen that has all of your icons, this cannot be done on the Storm for whatever reason.

As for the wallpaper, I'm pasting it below. I'd recommend saving it to your computer's hard drive and emailing it to your device as an attachment. From there, download the attachment to your device and open up the picture. Once it's on the screen, press the BB hardware key and select "Set as homescreen image". That should do it!

If you're having trouble, don't hesitate to email me: ahasting at ryerson.ca

09-11-09 10:34 AM
    THanks so much for the image and the explaination. I will go try to make it happen now! Thank you!!
    09-11-09 10:38 AM
    Im absolutely Loving the AppleBerry Themes. Very Unique
    09-12-09 01:02 AM
10,775 ... 417418419420421 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD