Ok I purchased last night. How do I get weatherbug to show on glass? Or classic?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You will need to download WeatherBug, bbWeather, Weathereye, or BerryWeather apps. All are free except BerryWeather, which can be found in the CrackBerry Store!

I like bbWeather personally!

New BBWeather 0.84 alpha release adds features and functions | BlackBerryNews.com
    04-26-09 12:32 PM
    oops......this might work better for bbWeather.......

http://www.tateu.net/software/bb.php?f=BBWeather_alpha
    04-26-09 12:34 PM
    You will need to download WeatherBug, bbWeather, Weathereye, or BerryWeather apps. All are free except BerryWeather, which can be found in the CrackBerry Store!

I like bbWeather personally!

New BBWeather 0.84 alpha release adds features and functions | BlackBerryNews.com
    OK so from the top:
    I've had weatherbug and bb maps installed. I tried to move my wb app to every location on the homescreen. As I posted before, I don't think I received all of the versions of glass and classic (it stated 8) for today or weather function. I only see one version of each so maybe that is the problem?

So weatherbug does work with appleberry glass? That's pretty much the reason why I bought it as opposed to using the free clasic version I've had for awhile
    04-26-09 12:49 PM
    OK so from the top:
    I've had weatherbug and bb maps installed. I tried to move my wb app to every location on the homescreen. As I posted before, I don't think I received all of the versions of glass and classic (it stated 8) for today or weather function. I only see one version of each so maybe that is the problem?

So weatherbug does work with appleberry glass? That's pretty much the reason why I bought it as opposed to using the free clasic version I've had for awhile
    Yeah, that is the problem. You should have been able to download all 8 versions. I pm'd you as well.
    Last edited by The Antagonist; 04-26-09 at 01:35 PM.
    04-26-09 01:32 PM
    OK so from the top:

Hey there,

Sorry about not responding too quick! I'm cramming for two back to back exams on Tuesday morning.

When you purchased AppleBerry, in the .zip file there should be a .doc and .txt file with instructions on how to install the theme. On the second page, there are eight OTA links for each version of AppleBerry.

Copy and paste all eight of those links and email them to your Storm, click on the appropriate version (in your case, you want a weather version) and it will install OTA (Over the air).

Then I believe you have to put the weather icon in the 9th position for Classic, or the...5th postion for Glass. If you get stuck, email me: ahasting at ryerson dot ca

Cheers,

Andrew
    04-26-09 01:37 PM
    First off I would like to thank you for a great theme! I love having it on mine! Keep up the awesome work.
    Secondly, is there anyway to have the other folders look more like mac folders? Like have the applications folder look like the mac applications folder etc....? This would be awesome.

Thanks!

-John
    04-26-09 05:56 PM
    First off I would like to thank you for a great theme! I love having it on mine! Keep up the awesome work.
    Secondly, is there anyway to have the other folders look more like mac folders? Like have the applications folder look like the mac applications folder etc....? This would be awesome.

Thanks!

-John
    Glad to hear you like it.

If you highlight the folder -> Press the BB Hardware button -> "Edit Folder" -> Change the name to ANYTHING but what it currently is -> "Save". The icon should now change. (=

You can then safely rename your folder back to what it was previously.

Cheers,

Andrew
    04-26-09 05:58 PM
    Can't wait for the update. Is it possible to use a wait cursor like this:

Agreed 100%!!!

I would love to see a teaser photo of the Dark Glass version you discussed a few hundred pages ago (ha ha ha ha)

Great theme!
    - Breezer23

04-26-09 06:17 PM
    From what I understand of the color depth issue, it's a problem with the image files RIM provided for the OS (i.e. the images that they use for the icon overlays, background colors, etc.) being of low color depth and/or high compression, rather than the actual software reducing the display depth of the phone. The issue wasn't visible in some of the earlier OS versions because they were still using higher quality image files for those UI elements, which may have contributed to lag in scrolling and rendering. As such, it's not really something that an official OS would "fix," because the phone's own settings and capabilities are still the same - RIM is just feeding it crappier images to reduce rendering time and/or file size.
    Actually, there has been a significant loss of color since .90. This though seems to have increased the OS speed (or so it seems). It is not just OS images where you see "color banding" as some users (awhile back now & not in this thread) have posted before & after images. The color has seemed to improve a bit in .122 & now .132 (as in AppleBerry Glass, the grey boxes is less visible around the icons & never appeared in the Classic version). I've also read complaints about the video playback quality. So the color issues do seem to be OS related, just bothers some more than others (especially when you expect improvements from newer OSes).

~X

04-26-09 07:16 PM
    Hey there,

Sorry about not responding too quick! I'm cramming for two back to back exams on Tuesday morning.

When you purchased AppleBerry, in the .zip file there should be a .doc and .txt file with instructions on how to install the theme. On the second page, there are eight OTA links for each version of AppleBerry.

Copy and paste all eight of those links and email them to your Storm, click on the appropriate version (in your case, you want a weather version) and it will install OTA (Over the air).

Then I believe you have to put the weather icon in the 9th position for Classic, or the...5th postion for Glass. If you get stuck, email me: ahasting at ryerson dot ca

Cheers,

Andrew

And or post your questions and someone will more than likely help since Hastings might be busy (but somehow he's never to busy to help).

~X

Last edited by xwera43; 04-26-09 at 07:29 PM.
    04-26-09 07:25 PM
    Awesome! THank you!

Glad to hear you like it.

If you highlight the folder -> Press the BB Hardware button -> "Edit Folder" -> Change the name to ANYTHING but what it currently is -> "Save". The icon should now change. (=

You can then safely rename your folder back to what it was previously.

Cheers,

Andrew
    04-26-09 09:04 PM
    Don't mean to bother, love my Appleberry theme. Just noticing you updated to 1.3 a few days ago, but I never received an email. I donated before, but if I need to again, let me know. Thanks.
    04-27-09 12:44 PM
    Planned Update: AppleBerry Glass, AppleBerry Classic
    Posted on: April 24th, 2009
    ETA: Early/middle May
    04-27-09 01:38 PM
    Hey all,

Been studying for exams all day and I will be all night, if you've emailed me with a question or comment I will be responding to them tomorrow afternoon when I'm done with the last of my exams.

Cheers
    04-27-09 08:10 PM
    Will this theme work on a BB 8300?
    04-27-09 09:57 PM
    Will this theme work on a BB 8300?
    Currently Hastings has developed the theme for the 95xx and the 8900. So as of now there is no version for the 83xx's but I think there was mention of something for 83xx's in the future (Storm update & Bold version next I believe).

You just never know with Andrew... He likes to surprise people with the little free time he has between schoolwork.

~X

04-28-09 03:26 AM
    Andrew's finally done school!!! So he's working on updates for the storm & 8900, then he's moving to the bold

hope you're all still loving the theme!! I know I am!!
    havent used anything else since he moved it to my 8900!!!
    04-29-09 02:54 PM
    So is 1.2 the most recent version now?

04-29-09 04:01 PM
    So is 1.2 the most recent version now?

For the next little while, yes. Glass 1.3 and Classic 1.1 are pretty big updates, so they take some time. (=
    04-29-09 04:36 PM
    For the next little while, yes. Glass 1.3 and Classic 1.1 are pretty big updates, so they take some time. (=
    Can't wait

04-29-09 04:41 PM
    Hey Hastings not sure if this is already been asked but I donated back in March and the last update I received was back on March 28th for the AppleBerry Classic 1.0 just wondering if there is a new version. Thanks!
    04-29-09 04:41 PM
    OK. I've used every version from the initial free to glass and couldn't imagine using anything else. Great job! Your theme is top notc and your customer service is second to none. Thanks again.

04-29-09 04:48 PM
    Hey Hastings not sure if this is already been asked but I donated back in March and the last update I received was back on March 28th for the AppleBerry Classic 1.0 just wondering if there is a new version. Thanks!
    Never Mind I just went to the first page and read what I was asking about... looking forward to the e-mail in May with the newer versions!! Thanks again this is the best $10 I have ever spent!!
    04-29-09 04:49 PM
    can's wait for the update! i agree with Hup55. Best $10 i ever spent too!

i really appreciate the effort!
    04-30-09 11:07 PM
    can't wait too !!!!
    05-01-09 06:33 AM
10,775 ... 402403404405406 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD