This is VERY nice... a today version would be even nicer *hint hint*
    02-12-09 07:16 AM
    Can you make one with 6 calender spaces in a clean 24pt font .... Need to be able to see it
    +1 million
    02-12-09 07:16 AM
    Any landscape previews?

QUIT HOLDING OUT ON US, WE NEED OUR FIX. Sorry, CRACKberry fit acting up again
    02-12-09 07:24 AM
    I have to say that this is one of the best, if not the best I have seen yet. It looks so crisp. The graphics are awsome. I can not wait to get my hands on this. +1 with making a Today version. I would love that cause I need a Today theme. Keep up the great work!!
    02-12-09 07:28 AM
    Excellent Work ! Very nice!
    02-12-09 07:31 AM
    What is "today" theme? I see it asked about on BB forums as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 07:35 AM
    That is a nice clean theme. I'm not a MAC guy but when this theme becomes final and is released I will be grabbing it. Nice work...
    02-12-09 07:39 AM
    very nice.
    02-12-09 07:52 AM
    Hey all,

Just loaded up Plazmic today and decided to throw together a little Apple inspired BB theme. Spent hours creating nice icons that were relevant to what the actual purpose was, I even had to make a few myself.

It's not done, I'm going to bed though since I've been at it for like ten hours.

By the way, when it comes out it's going to be FREE.

The fonts need work, they're definitely not final and a lot of stuff isn't aligned properly but that's the nature of the program. It's going to feature a fully skinned call screen as well.

Stay tuned for launch information! It'll be OTA.

Cheers
    Looks great! Very nice work you have done. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
    02-12-09 07:57 AM

I'm not 100% sure but I think that a Today version of a theme is one that lists on your "homescreen" your recent calls, new/recent e-mails, and upcoming tasks/appointments or some combination thereof.
    02-12-09 07:58 AM
    AWWW i want this lol... but good job
    02-12-09 08:00 AM

Here's one version of what a today theme can look like:

I've always preferred the text and msg versions but I'm starting to favor the calendar maxed out look.
    02-12-09 08:04 AM

The "today" theme is one with your calendar and messages listed on the home screen.
    02-12-09 08:05 AM
    Here's one version of what a today theme can look like:

I've always preferred the text and msg versions but I'm starting to favor the calendar maxed out look.
    l love the one on the left! btw you have a bad test comming up? lol
    02-12-09 08:07 AM
    l love the one on the left! btw you have a bad test comming up? lol
    hehe, Bad = Business Administration
    02-12-09 08:09 AM
    Morning all.

Thanks for all the comments, it's a good motivator.

I've redone some of the textures and it looks better. It's important to understand that Plazmic is BETA, and it has crashed probably 20 times on me since yesterday.

I ran into a potentially project ruining bug this morning, it seems that whenever I attempt to edit both the "Menu" (Blackberry button menu) and Dialogue box (Ok/Cancel, etc) with custom textures the program crashes 100% of the time on export.

I'm going to look around to see if there are any fixes, but it's important to me that the theme have a uniform appearance. If there isn't a fix then I will likely leave the BB menu as default until a new version of Plazmic is released.

As for a today version, yes I plan on creating one. I personally prefer the today themes as I live and die by my calendar and task list.

I don't have a potential release date but I won't release it until it's 100%. I hope you guys can appreciate that, I'll keep posting screenshots though so you guys can take a look and critique.

Anyways, please keep in mind this is far from my full time job, I do these as a hobby so progress will happen when I have the time. (lucky for you I have the next week off =P)

Cheers guys!
    02-12-09 08:12 AM
    Morning all.

Thanks for all the comments, it's a good motivator.

I've redone some of the textures and it looks better. It's important to understand that Plazmic is BETA, and it has crashed probably 20 times on me since yesterday.

I ran into a potentially project ruining bug this morning, it seems that whenever I attempt to edit both the "Menu" (Blackberry button menu) and Dialogue box (Ok/Cancel, etc) with custom textures the program crashes 100% of the time on export.

I'm going to look around to see if there are any fixes, but it's important to me that the theme have a uniform appearance. If there isn't a fix then I will likely leave the BB menu as default until a new version of Plazmic is released.

As for a today version, yes I plan on creating one. I personally prefer the today themes as I live and die by my calendar and task list.

I don't have a potential release date but I won't release it until it's 100%. I hope you guys can appreciate that, I'll keep posting screenshots though so you guys can take a look and critique.

Anyways, please keep in mind this is far from my full time job, I do these as a hobby so progress will happen when I have the time. (lucky for you I have the next week off =P)

Cheers guys!

I think i saw in some of the other threads that what crashes the export is if you change the highlight image for the menus... (the blue) (i think i saw someone with skinned/custom dialog box already ?)
    02-12-09 08:16 AM
    I think i saw in some of the other threads that what crashes the export is if you change the highlight image for the menus... (the blue) (i think i saw someone with skinned/custom dialog box already ?)
    I've successfully changed the highlight image and exported it as well. I've also returned it to default and still when I skin both the dialogue box and the BB menu at the same time it crashes on export. It'll still look good with just a dialogue box skinning, when the newer version of Plazmic is released I'll just update it accordingly.
    02-12-09 08:28 AM
    Now, this is exactly what I mean.
    When I see this kind of work and effort, blood sweat and tears put into what is actually a very complex sort of skin called a theme by bb, then I really want to donate something through PayPal for it.

However, all the stuff that is floating around and that people ask you money for, or for the most s*cky themes that asks you to register..... I don't know... just don't like it.

Give me your paypal account when its freely available OTA and I'll donate!

Question though... why won't .jad and .alx files install via apploader on the device? Why are there (seem to be?) only OTA installs possible? I'd like to be able to download the theme to my PC and still be able to use it once my subscription on BIS ends next year for example. All that won't be possible with all this so much hyped about OTA stuff. I don't like that one bit. Also, OTA is way slower than my normal connection. Now, for most things that doesn't matter of course since the file size of BB stuff is so small usually, but still.... I wonder....

Thanks for any insights/info!
    02-12-09 08:38 AM
    excellent mate, REALLY nice... pat on the back
    02-12-09 08:39 AM
    hey fellow Dutchman...

i export the theme i am working on for myself as a .alx and install it using DM, no problem..
    02-12-09 08:40 AM
    Looks very nice good job hastings. What Ive found is you can skin 1 just 1 of the dialog boxes or buttons and it will export but if you try to do either both menus or both buttons your screwed.

Keep up the good work!
    02-12-09 08:42 AM
    Hey all,

Just loaded up Plazmic today and decided to throw together a little Apple inspired BB theme. Spent hours creating nice icons that were relevant to what the actual purpose was, I even had to make a few myself.

It's not done, I'm going to bed though since I've been at it for like ten hours.

By the way, when it comes out it's going to be FREE.

The fonts need work, they're definitely not final and a lot of stuff isn't aligned properly but that's the nature of the program. It's going to feature a fully skinned call screen as well.

Stay tuned for launch information! It'll be OTA.

Cheers
    All I can say is WOW!! And Free, thanks SOO much!! How does it run, speed-wise?
    02-12-09 08:43 AM
    Looks Great, will the theme also include changing the look to MMS/SMS messages also?
    02-12-09 08:46 AM
    hey fellow Dutchman...

i export the theme i am working on for myself as a .alx and install it using DM, no problem..
    Hmmm... maybe that's theme dependable then? Decided by its creator maybe?

I will try again and again and again etc if a conclusive answer stays out on this one....
    02-12-09 08:50 AM
10,775 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD