marcus,

i hear your the go to guy... i am running .109 and will attempt to fix my mms once i get home from work (i found a thread on how to do it) but if i need help, you will be getting a PM from me
    LOL! I am in NO WAY the "go to guy!" I am just passing along info that others have given to me. I would be glad to help in any way that I can

Once you do it (swap files from other OS's) successfully, you will realize how truly simple the processes are!
    Feel free to PM me any time
    03-13-09 01:11 PM
    LOL! I am in NO WAY the "go to guy!" I am just passing along info that others have given to me. I would be glad to help in any way that I can

Once you do it (swap files from other OS's) successfully, you will realize how truly simple the processes are!
    Feel free to PM me any time
    ty go to guy!
    03-13-09 01:12 PM
    .103 is the most stable to me. I would go for 103.
    .103 is very stable, BUT, if you like fast (like I do), I have OS .114 with .113 java, and .90 radio code (with .86 MMS.cod). So far (30 hrs), it is very fast, and stable. Although many people have had issues with .90 radio code
    03-13-09 01:13 PM
    ty go to guy!
    No worries
    03-13-09 01:15 PM
    Hastings, how is the process going? Are you running the new theme on your device yet? How large is the file and is there a memory leak? I know you have a ton on your plate, but enquiring minds want to know
    03-13-09 01:17 PM
    If I understand this correctly if I "donate" I can get AppleBerry Glass, so this means that its for purchase right, not donation?
    03-13-09 01:18 PM
    .103 is very stable, BUT, if you like fast (like I do), I have OS .114 with .113 java, and .90 radio code (with .86 MMS.cod). So far (30 hrs), it is very fast, and stable. Although many people have had issues with .90 radio code
    i might venture to the wild side and try this... dont you need something from an older OS to fix the keypad issue i have heard about?
    03-13-09 01:24 PM
    No worries
    Marcus,
    Do you know anyone that has tried the big keyboard font from .090 (I think that was the one) with one of the newer (.103+) OS?

Would that be just replacing the same keyboad file that many people did on .114 to fix the phone keyboard issue?
    03-13-09 01:26 PM
    If I understand this correctly if I "donate" I can get AppleBerry Glass, so this means that its for purchase right, not donation?
    You don't have to "donate" and you don't have to get the theme either. Hastings has put n a bunch of work and if you just want something for free, then I guess it's not for you. He's not holding you hostage. There is nothing wrong with expecting a little something for the effort and he doesn't say what you need to donate.
    03-13-09 01:28 PM
    I noticed that since I put Appleberry Glass on my Storm, my battery is draining a lot faster. I also encrypted my device at the same time, so maybe that's the cause. Any ideas? I'm running .75
    03-13-09 01:31 PM
    i might venture to the wild side and try this... dont you need something from an older OS to fix the keypad issue i have heard about?
    Don't think so.....it gets taken care of by using the .113 java files I believe.
    I am using OS .114 w/.113 java. I also copy/pasted the radio code from .90, and the MMS.cod from .86.
    Sounds like a lot, but it really isn't that difficult
    03-13-09 01:35 PM
    I noticed that since I put Appleberry Glass on my Storm, my battery is draining a lot faster. I also encrypted my device at the same time, so maybe that's the cause. Any ideas? I'm running .75
    Hmmmmm......haven't noticed a difference in battery. Do you have 1XEV on Mobile Network turned on, GPS off, screen brightness turned down, etc?
    These helped a LOT with battery issues
    03-13-09 01:37 PM
    Don't think so.....it gets taken care of by using the .113 java files I believe.
    I am using OS .114 w/.113 java. I also copy/pasted the radio code from .90, and the MMS.cod from .86.
    Sounds like a lot, but it really isn't that difficult
    I thought the MMS issue was fixed in .114/.113?
    03-13-09 01:39 PM
    There's four variations of AppleBerry Classic that are free posted on the first page. I'm also going to be updating Classic in the coming weeks to bring it up to "par".

Cheers
    03-13-09 01:40 PM
    Hey all,

Just working on an assignment, should be done in 3-4 hours and I'll have 2-3 hours more to work on Glass 1.1

(=
    03-13-09 01:41 PM
    Hmmmmm......haven't noticed a difference in battery. Do you have 1XEV on Mobile Network turned on, GPS off, screen brightness turned down, etc?
    These helped a LOT with battery issues
    I'm running .99 and I had installed trapster. When I actually started using it, suddenly my battery drained in about 12 hours. This went on for 2 days. Removed Trapster, and no problem. Check your 3rd party apps.
    03-13-09 01:55 PM
    Will try your suggestions to save my battery. I didn't put any new apps on my phone, just encrypted and installed Glass. We'll see what happens.
    03-13-09 02:01 PM
    Hey all,

Just working on an assignment, should be done in 3-4 hours and I'll have 2-3 hours more to work on Glass 1.1

(=
    Still shooting for Sunday, OR, maybe earlier?????? Please?????
    03-13-09 02:12 PM
    To put this in context (Hastings, Please correct me if I'm wrong), AppleBerry was created and handed out for free. People began donating. As a "Thank You" to those that donated, Andrew created AppleBerry Glass and gave it out to those that had already donated.

As you might imagine, others wanted the theme so they began donating as well so that they could get the theme. Now, whenever someone donates, they get AppleBerry Glass in addition to the free download of AppleBerry.
    03-13-09 02:20 PM
    To put this in context (Hastings, Please correct me if I'm wrong), AppleBerry was created and handed out for free. People began donating. As a "Thank You" to those that donated, Andrew created AppleBerry Glass and gave it out to those that had already donated.

As you might imagine, others wanted the theme so they began donating as well so that they could get the theme. Now, whenever someone donates, they get AppleBerry Glass in addition to the free download of AppleBerry.
    Very nicely said! I believe you are correct limjelo!
    03-13-09 02:22 PM
    I thought the MMS issue was fixed in .114/.113?

......for some.....it's not receiving or sending MMS, it is FORWARDING them......
    03-13-09 02:27 PM
    My first post here. My first Blackberry. My first installed theme - Appleberry and then Glass. LOVE IT!

I have to say I was coming from a Treo and I wasn't so sure when I bought the Storm. I messed around with it, got my info loaded on, but still wasn't so happy with it. I found this thread, and read for hours and hours! I decided to give it a try and now I am totally in love with my Blackberry! I loaded Glass yesterday and it's fantastic. I am a quick convert, thanks to this thread. It feels so much easier to use. Otherwise I would've been back at Verizon asking to reactivate my Treo!

I don't quite understand why there isn't a more thorough Storm user guide. I found one online but it was so basic. Without reading this forum I would never have known how to use this thing.

Thanks and look forward to lots of communication here.
    03-13-09 02:28 PM
    My first post here. My first Blackberry. My first installed theme - Appleberry and then Glass. LOVE IT!

I have to say I was coming from a Treo and I wasn't so sure when I bought the Storm. I messed around with it, got my info loaded on, but still wasn't so happy with it. I found this thread, and read for hours and hours! I decided to give it a try and now I am totally in love with my Blackberry! I loaded Glass yesterday and it's fantastic. I am a quick convert, thanks to this thread. It feels so much easier to use. Otherwise I would've been back at Verizon asking to reactivate my Treo!

I don't quite understand why there isn't a more thorough Storm user guide. I found one online but it was so basic. Without reading this forum I would never have known how to use this thing.

I felt the same way when I first got my Storm. I also couldn't under the no user guide either. I agree, this site is the best for all kinds of information. It's been a life saver for me........I had gone back and forth about weather or not to keep my Storm until I found this site! Now I love my Storm!

This theme is my favorite and the people that are involved in this thread are some of the nicest and most helpful people you'll ever find!

Welcome to the Crackberry World 4xxblessed!
    03-13-09 02:33 PM

Welcome! You couldn't be any more correct! If it weren't for these people here, I would've returned my device months ago! I have learned so much and in turn am trying to help others out as much as possible.
    You will find that Hastings has the BEST theme out there by far, and is one of the nicest guys you will ever talk to.
    You will also find that this thread continues all day long, and is very entertaining and informative. There are always good people in this Appleberry Thread.
    Enjoy, and good luck
    Marcus
    03-13-09 02:36 PM

i am totally with you... the storm is my first blackberry.. first real smartphone... i had a palm for like a month... but that doesnt count cuz i didnt really use it. i got my storm and was sooooo confused and hated it for the first couple weeks. i found crackberry and now im addicted and have made my storm so much more efficient. this site really helped and has kept me entertained for days on end.

crackberry has made the relationship between me and my storm so much better... no more wishing i could throw it out the window LMAO

ps... welcome to the cb community and the appleberry family
    03-13-09 02:38 PM
10,775 ... 192193194195196 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD