Hey all,

An updated version of AppleBerry Dark is definitely on the way, I'm just wrapping up development of AppleBerry 2.0 for the Tour, Bold 2, and 8900 (all the same device basically).

I released the darker version (V8) of AppleBerry 2.0 basically because EnergyPlus requested something a bit darker, and I figured it couldn't hurt in case others wanted something similar. It always buys me a bit more time until I can get Dark officially updated.

Hope this clarifies everything!

Cheers,

Andrew
    Thanks, Andrew...and here I thought I had it! Apologies to others if I muddied the waters a bit
    02-13-10 04:46 PM
    ===== QUOTE hastings ====

Hey all,

An updated version of AppleBerry Dark is definitely on the way, I'm just wrapping up development of AppleBerry 2.0 for the Tour, Bold 2, and 8900 (all the same device basically).

I released the darker version (V8) of AppleBerry 2.0 basically because EnergyPlus requested something a bit darker, and I figured it couldn't hurt in case others wanted something similar. It always buys me a bit more time until I can get Dark officially updated.

Cheers,

Andrew

===== /QUOTE ====

Thanks, Andrew...and here I thought I had it! Apologies to others if I muddied the waters a bit
    yeahh thanks for the clarification; might want to let people on the appleberry dark thread know & see @energyplus i told you so ! Personally i can't wait ! but like i sed V7 is enough eye candy for me right now ..

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-13-10 06:52 PM
    Hey all,

Cheers,

Andrew
    You just made my day, Andrew

I got on here to talk about a few quirky things I've experienced with AB1 on my 9630, running 5.0.484, and I happen to see that AB2 is coming out! This theme is BY FAR, the best running and best looking theme I have ever used. I bought probably close to $100 in themes before finding yours, and I absolutely LOVE IT.

Keep up the good work, and know that you've got a paying customer waiting for 2.0 to come out!
    Last edited by AyeCapnCrunch; 02-13-10 at 11:49 PM.
    02-13-10 11:41 PM
    Yay, free post bumps! =P

[in response to the now deleted spam posts this thread is getting hit with]
    Last edited by hastings; 02-16-10 at 12:32 PM.
    02-16-10 09:22 AM
    Just Purchased 2.0 ... Love it .. Bro great work .. former owner of the dark series Patiently waiting for the Update ( My S2 is gonna love it )

Thanks again
    02-16-10 09:31 AM
    Hey all,

Cheers,

Andrew
    So Andrew, what are the difference between the new AppleBerry Dark and the darker version of AppleBerry 2.0 (V8)? I'm confused here.....
    02-17-10 01:56 PM
    So Andrew, what are the difference between the new AppleBerry Dark and the darker version of AppleBerry 2.0 (V8)? I'm confused here.....
    The new AppleBerry Dark will look identical to the existing AppleBerry Dark, but I am going to make some design changes to put it more in line with AppleBerry 2.0.

AppleBerry 2.0 V8 is simply AppleBerry with a dark background, whereas Dark will feature distinctly different menus/dialog/buttons/docks/wallpapers/icons. Don't expect too much to change, however I do want to make the clock larger and give it a similar layout to the new AppleBerry 2.0. Dark was already so far ahead of the original AppleBerry Glass that it doesn't have much catching up to do.

I'm still working on other devices right now, and when I am done with those I will immediately begin putting the finishing touches on the Dark update. (free, of course)
    02-17-10 02:24 PM
    The new AppleBerry Dark will look identical to the existing AppleBerry Dark, but I am going to make some design changes to put it more in line with AppleBerry 2.0.

AppleBerry 2.0 V8 is simply AppleBerry with a dark background, whereas Dark will feature distinctly different menus/dialog/buttons/docks/wallpapers/icons. Don't expect too much to change, however I do want to make the clock larger and give it a similar layout to the new AppleBerry 2.0. Dark was already so far ahead of the original AppleBerry Glass that it doesn't have much catching up to do.

I'm still working on other devices right now, and when I am done with those I will immediately begin putting the finishing touches on the Dark update. (free, of course)
    Hope I'm not asking for too much here, but I've never seen, or used AppleBerry Dark. I only used AppleBerry, and now 2.0. Could you post a couple of comparison shots of the differences between AppleBerry and AppleBerry Dark please? I would love to see them side-by-side to see a true comparison. It's not the same if you have to flip back and forth between web pages or windows to have to look at them both. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
    02-17-10 02:37 PM
    Hey all,

Cheers,

Andrew
    Patiently waiting for the updated release for my Tour 9630. This looks absolutely beautiful for you storm users. I used this on my tour for a long while but upgraded to 5.0 and lost theme.
    02-17-10 03:14 PM
    Hope I'm not asking for too much here, but I've never seen, or used AppleBerry Dark. I only used AppleBerry, and now 2.0. Could you post a couple of comparison shots of the differences between AppleBerry and AppleBerry Dark please? I would love to see them side-by-side to see a true comparison. It's not the same if you have to flip back and forth between web pages or windows to have to look at them both. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
    When I get the Dark update completed I will create a comparison image, that is a good idea. There is no point in doing it now since things will change and I will have to recreate it. (=
    02-17-10 06:59 PM
    Perfect, Andrew, as always, you're the man! I'm still embarrassed by the fact that I thought I had "Dark" only to discover from your post and someone else, that it was simply a "Dark" version of Version 7! Dang, I hate looking stupid!

When I get the Dark update completed I will create a comparison image, that is a good idea. There is no point in doing it now since things will change and I will have to recreate it. (=
    02-17-10 07:08 PM
    Here's the Appleberry Dark thread - so you can get an idea of how 1.0 looks and how many variants that Andrew is going to have to update

http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/ap...themes-241116/
    02-18-10 05:39 PM
    Thanks for posting this link. It is a perfect example of the level of work and detail (and still, on an example, not the whole enchilada) that went in to this theme and while I continue to contend that this is one of the most comprehensive, detailed and complete themes out there! So, Andrew, what do you do AFTER lunch? Eat chocolates and watch Oprah? LOL.

Here's the Appleberry Dark thread - so you can get an idea of how 1.0 looks and how many variants that Andrew is going to have to update

http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/ap...themes-241116/
    02-18-10 08:27 PM
    Curious, would you ever make a version of AppleBerry 2.0 that has the panoramic sliding wallpapers like in Dark?

Am considering buying this, but thats a feature I really like and might want to hold out for Dark 2.0 for.

I totally get if you want to keep that Dark specific, but felt like asking anyway before I decide to buy this or hold out for Dark 2.0
    02-20-10 04:58 PM
    I already purchased AppleBerry 2.0 and love it, but will I have to pay for AppleBerry Dark 2.0 or will you be giving AppleBerry 2.0 owners a break on having to pay for Dark 2.0?
    02-20-10 05:37 PM
    Curious, would you ever make a version of AppleBerry 2.0 that has the panoramic sliding wallpapers like in Dark?

Am considering buying this, but thats a feature I really like and might want to hold out for Dark 2.0 for.

I totally get if you want to keep that Dark specific, but felt like asking anyway before I decide to buy this or hold out for Dark 2.0
    If this is something others express interest in, I have no issues with releasing an expansion pack to 2.0 that features panoramic wallpapers. I've always liked the expansion pack in Dark, and it would look really good on the original AppleBerry.
    02-20-10 05:40 PM
    I already purchased AppleBerry 2.0 and love it, but will I have to pay for AppleBerry Dark 2.0 or will you be giving AppleBerry 2.0 owners a break on having to pay for Dark 2.0?
    The Dark update is an incremental update, not a full version update. What this means is that it will 1.0 -> 1.1, or 1.1 -> 1.2.

Dark does not need to be completely redesigned because it was the basis for version 2.0 of the original AppleBerry. I will be making some smaller design changes, but the update will be free and will mostly address compatibility issues with the new OS. No need to pay again, that wouldn't be fair.
    02-20-10 05:42 PM
    Thanks for posting this link. It is a perfect example of the level of work and detail (and still, on an example, not the whole enchilada) that went in to this theme and while I continue to contend that this is one of the most comprehensive, detailed and complete themes out there! So, Andrew, what do you do AFTER lunch? Eat chocolates and watch Oprah? LOL.
    I have a collection of odd jobs that I do in addition to working on themes, in fact they take up most of my time - mostly related to my degree. On my spare time, I dabble with music here and there, piano mostly.

The good life! =P
    02-20-10 05:44 PM
    hastings, im sure this has been said in one or 2 of the 700+ pages on this thread, but i tried to dload the ota of the free appleberry theme but the ota link on page one here wont work from my storm. where can i get the free version so i can see if its something i want to keep and thus, buy the full package?

pin me at 3100AC4E
    02-21-10 01:55 PM
    hastings, im sure this has been said in one or 2 of the 700+ pages on this thread, but i tried to dload the ota of the free appleberry theme but the ota link on page one here wont work from my storm. where can i get the free version so i can see if its something i want to keep and thus, buy the full package?

pin me at 3100AC4E
    What seems to be the problem loading the free version? The OTA link is definitely up and running as usual, are you getting a specific error when you click on the link using your Storm?
    02-23-10 08:57 AM
    Hi Andrew -
    I just installed AB 2.0 version 8 Dark on my Storm 2 and noticed that the 'live' icons on the homescreen don't work. For example, WeatherBug doesn't show the current weather icon and the GMail icon doesn't change when a new email arrives. However, when you expand to the full 4x4 icon screen, they both change dynamically as appropriate. Are you aware of this issue yet, and will it be fixed in a future release?
    Thanks for your hard work on these themes!
    02-23-10 07:17 PM
    Hi Andrew -
    I just installed AB 2.0 version 8 Dark on my Storm 2 and noticed that the 'live' icons on the homescreen don't work. For example, WeatherBug doesn't show the current weather icon and the GMail icon doesn't change when a new email arrives. However, when you expand to the full 4x4 icon screen, they both change dynamically as appropriate. Are you aware of this issue yet, and will it be fixed in a future release?
    Thanks for your hard work on these themes!
    This is actually an OS related issue, not Appleberry. So the icons do update in some of the newer OS leaks. Its just a bug with the older OS's.
    02-24-10 03:04 PM
    I'm on .320 and my WeatherBerry icon updates on the home screen just fine. I don't use Gmail, so can't attest to that.

This is actually an OS related issue, not Appleberry. So the icons do update in some of the newer OS leaks. Its just a bug with the older OS's.
    02-24-10 10:53 PM
    :: sigh :: This is difficult folks, but I need to come clean, I need to confess my sins, I need to ask for your mercy, your understanding, your support.

I don't think there's a more loyal fan of AB than me, I advocate it in other threads, show it off to friends, and, I guess you could say, it's my "trophy wife" (is this sounding familiar?). But, no matter the loyalty, I found myself succumbing to temptation last week and within a blink of an eye, before you could say "But, Tiger....think of your WIFE!" I strayed. I felt horrible, guilty as ****, but it was just all so delicious....something new, different, tantalizing, sexy. Catholic guilt aside, I went for it, figuring Andrew would never know....lol. Keep in mind that I've installed many themes, but always with the idea of trying it for a day and then deleting it. This one was different. The colors, the theme approach, etc., had me thinking "hey, this is different and I may just nest with it for a while...."

A few days ago, I had decided that the freshness, the newness, the allure, was all a thing of the past and it was time to return home to my wife. Last night, when a client asked me to show them something, and I had to click, flick, tap, ponder, etc., I decided, "that's it, I'm changing back TONIGHT!" :: WHEW :: I'm home now, honey, please forgive me, there was no emotional involvement, honest, it was just physical. It won't happen again!!!!

Seriously, I may simply use the wallpaper from the theme I bought, sort of like a "sexy new wrapper." Sometimes, all ya' need is a little bling! I may even be able to skip rehab!
    02-28-10 04:34 PM
    :: sigh :: This is difficult folks, but I need to come clean, I need to confess my sins, I need to ask for your mercy, your understanding, your support.

I don't think there's a more loyal fan of AB than me, I advocate it in other threads, show it off to friends, and, I guess you could say, it's my "trophy wife" (is this sounding familiar?). But, no matter the loyalty, I found myself succumbing to temptation last week and within a blink of an eye, before you could say "But, Tiger....think of your WIFE!" I strayed. I felt horrible, guilty as ****, but it was just all so delicious....something new, different, tantalizing, sexy. Catholic guilt aside, I went for it, figuring Andrew would never know....lol. Keep in mind that I've installed many themes, but always with the idea of trying it for a day and then deleting it. This one was different. The colors, the theme approach, etc., had me thinking "hey, this is different and I may just nest with it for a while...."

A few days ago, I had decided that the freshness, the newness, the allure, was all a thing of the past and it was time to return home to my wife. Last night, when a client asked me to show them something, and I had to click, flick, tap, ponder, etc., I decided, "that's it, I'm changing back TONIGHT!" :: WHEW :: I'm home now, honey, please forgive me, there was no emotional involvement, honest, it was just physical. It won't happen again!!!!

Seriously, I may simply use the wallpaper from the theme I bought, sort of like a "sexy new wrapper." Sometimes, all ya' need is a little bling! I may even be able to skip rehab!
    Post the wall paper. Let me see what it looks like.
    02-28-10 05:03 PM
10,775 ... 428429430431
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD