can you post the wallpaper to the dark version? i want to use it as my lock screen for stormslider..preciate it
    02-10-10 12:51 PM
    can you post the wallpaper to the dark version? i want to use it as my lock screen for stormslider..preciate it
    It should already be in the .zip file under "Recommended Wallpapers".

If you can't find it, I will post it later today. I just got the official update released and I'm getting about 10 emails a minute. =P
    02-10-10 01:22 PM
    Oh yeah, got Dark back...all is well with the world, it's perfect, I am a very happy camper! Thanks so very much, Andrew!
    02-10-10 02:05 PM
    Been running the dark v8 version on my Storm 1 since this morning. Slightly more memory hungry than V4 but well within usable/tolerable - it us just SO beautiful! I've also noticed a big increase in battery usage from 2.0-2.5%/hr previously (with v4) to 5%/hr with v8. Still shouldn't be an issue since I charge nightly anyway, but was nice to be able to skip a night if needed. I'm just curious to see if anyone else has noticed a battery consumption increase. Is the extra landscape homescreen that does it? (which I actually like btw - especially with weather....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 03:48 PM
    Looks like the theme from the dark side is a big hit
    I have been running V8 on my Storm 2 and it's amazing.

Thanks again Andrew.
    02-10-10 04:10 PM
    Been running the dark v8 version on my Storm 1 since this morning. Slightly more memory hungry than V4 but well within usable/tolerable - it us just SO beautiful! I've also noticed a big increase in battery usage from 2.0-2.5%/hr previously (with v4) to 5%/hr with v8. Still shouldn't be an issue since I charge nightly anyway, but was nice to be able to skip a night if needed. I'm just curious to see if anyone else has noticed a battery consumption increase. Is the extra landscape homescreen that does it? (which I actually like btw - especially with weather....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It is very difficult to say at this point what effects the landscape homescreen has on battery life/memory. I suspect it does make a difference, which is why I recommend those versions for the Storm 2. That being said, the theme building software is due for an update, and I believe future OS revisions of the Storm 1 / Storm 2 will improve performance of landscape homescreens.

If performance doesn't increase, or if there is significant demand, I will look into adding one additional Dark version of Version 4, essentially just eliminating the landscape homescreens.

I just have to be very careful about how many versions I have, since updating them is absolutely dreadful. =P
    02-10-10 04:34 PM
    There is $3 upgrade fee, is it right?
    02-10-10 05:13 PM
    There is $3 upgrade fee, is it right?
    That is correct. I hate charging for updates, but this is a major revision and I think you will be very happy with it. All incremental updates in the 2.x will be free, of course. (=

Cheers,

Andrew
    02-10-10 05:18 PM
    So Hastings ... should us Storm 1 users wait for the Dark v4 .... rather than loading v8 ????

Thanks ....
    02-11-10 10:51 AM
    I have quite a few users running V8 on the Storm 1 without problems, if you're booting with 30MB+ and know how to keep your device running smoothly, I don't anticipate a problem. (I'm responding here instead of to your email!)

(=

Cheers,

Andrew
    02-11-10 11:50 AM
    Andrew, you capitalist!! Making money? C'mon man, you're Canadian...don't 'cha know that themes are just like medicine to us addicts and thus, must be socialized? LOL! Seriously though, I see complaints about charging "too much" for software all over the forums and it completely baffles me. I wonder how many of the complainers out there are willing themselves, to work for free?

Just wanted to let you know that as of this morning, 2/11, Mobi has still not sent me a notification that Dark has been updated. I just checked my account from when I bought the 1.0 Dark for my S1 and of course, there's the proverbial "X" next to it saying it's not compatible, but in the other listing for the AB Theme 2.0, I've still not been notified about Dark being added. Hmmm......

That is correct. I hate charging for updates, but this is a major revision and I think you will be very happy with it. All incremental updates in the 2.x will be free, of course. (=

Cheers,

Andrew
    02-11-10 12:17 PM
    i needs that dark - spaces updated like PRONTO.. pronto''

energy.. i dont think hes updated dark yet
    02-11-10 12:20 PM

Cheers,

Andrew
    Andrew, don't get we wrong I'm not complaining, just want to make sure.
    It's given, you spent time and effort to create a product, you have to get paid for it.
    Thank you, for your work
    02-11-10 03:22 PM
    I have quite a few users running V8 on the Storm 1 without problems, if you're booting with 30MB+ and know how to keep your device running smoothly, I don't anticipate a problem. (I'm responding here instead of to your email!)

(=

Cheers,

Andrew
    im on storm 1 and have been using dark v8 for the past few days..everything is running smoothly to me..i dont see a big difference from the version without the landscape screen
    02-11-10 07:57 PM
    Thanks MJP (& Hastings) - went ahead and installed v8 engine .... AND LOVE IT !!! its just better in the "Dark" !!!!
    02-12-10 10:55 AM
    I like the dark version too.

Andrew, could you adjust the background when on a call to match the dark theme? I noticed that when a call comes through, it still has that pink/blue background.

Thanks.
    02-12-10 03:27 PM
    I had to buy this - downloading now. Looks so beautiful! Can't wait to give it a shot (wish I had a S2).
    02-12-10 04:03 PM
    I like the dark version too.

Andrew, could you adjust the background when on a call to match the dark theme? I noticed that when a call comes through, it still has that pink/blue background.

Thanks.
    I have asked for the same thing myself.
    As Andrew will attest to
    02-12-10 05:30 PM
    Andrew, you capitalist!! Making money? C'mon man, you're Canadian...don't 'cha know that themes are just like medicine to us addicts and thus, must be socialized? LOL! Seriously though, I see complaints about charging "too much" for software all over the forums and it completely baffles me. I wonder how many of the complainers out there are willing themselves, to work for free?

Just wanted to let you know that as of this morning, 2/11, Mobi has still not sent me a notification that Dark has been updated. I just checked my account from when I bought the 1.0 Dark for my S1 and of course, there's the proverbial "X" next to it saying it's not compatible, but in the other listing for the AB Theme 2.0, I've still not been notified about Dark being added. Hmmm......

===== QUOTE hastings ====

Cheers,

Andrew

===== /QUOTE ====
    has dark been updated ?! i know appleberry has & now it has v8 aka dark but i don't think appleberry dark has been updated yet ..& what's up w| mobihand ? had it not been for me following this thread i would've been in the dark about V8 . to be honest though my favorite is V7 because the background in V8 looks a little too off (it would look better darker or even a different version of a darker blue)

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-13-10 09:23 AM
    as always, great theme! the only one i ever use.
    02-13-10 11:25 AM
    Hey, thehOtbOy: As far as I know, V8 is the latest iteration of Dark. It was just released a week ago or so, but came out after the other 2.0 releases, so perhaps that is what is confusing. Personally, I like this version of dark, I wouldn't want it any darker, otherwise, you might as well have jet black. The dark blue, which I believe was what I had with the old Dark, was nice, but I'm enjoying this one just fine. As Andrew stated previously, having a bazillion versions out there is difficult. I think right now, I've seen more versions of this theme than just about any other theme out there!

has dark been updated ?! i know appleberry has & now it has v8 aka dark but i don't think appleberry dark has been updated yet ..& what's up w| mobihand ? had it not been for me following this thread i would've been in the dark about V8 . to be honest though my favorite is V7 because the background in V8 looks a little too off (it would look better darker or even a different version of a darker blue)

02-13-10 12:56 PM
    that's what i meant . that unless i am wrong appleberry dark 2.0 hasn't been released . As for the wallpaper for V8 to each their own; i loved the wallpaper from appleberry dark & nope i am not asking for another version . i will patiently wait for appleberry dark 2.0; in the meantime i have my V7 which makes my S2 feel like a whole new fone but still reminds me of my S1(we had a love/hate relationship & i have trouble forgetting it lol)

02-13-10 02:10 PM
    LOL..either you're wrong, I'm wrong or we're both wrong! I'm pretty sure that V8 IS Dark 2.0! It was not on the initial 2.0 release list, but if people go and redownload it, they'll get the OTA link for Dark 2.0 (at least, that's what I did).

As for the color, I totally agree...it is a personal choice thing. My biggest objection to the other themes was the background color. While I love everything else about them, I was not a fan of the light blue and thankfully, Andrew went ahead and offered the dark. I'm a very happy camper with what I have now.

that's what i meant . that unless i am wrong appleberry dark 2.0 hasn't been released . As for the wallpaper for V8 to each their own; i loved the wallpaper from appleberry dark & nope i am not asking for another version . i will patiently wait for appleberry dark 2.0; in the meantime i have my V7 which makes my S2 feel like a whole new fone but still reminds me of my S1(we had a love/hate relationship & i have trouble forgetting it lol)

02-13-10 02:20 PM
    LOL..either you're wrong, I'm wrong or we're both wrong! I'm pretty sure that V8 IS Dark 2.0! It was not on the initial 2.0 release list, but if people go and redownload it, they'll get the OTA link for Dark 2.0 (at least, that's what I did).

As for the color, I totally agree...it is a personal choice thing. My biggest objection to the other themes was the background color. While I love everything else about them, I was not a fan of the light blue and thankfully, Andrew went ahead and offered the dark. I'm a very happy camper with what I have now.

===== QUOTE thehOtbOy ====

Posted from my BlackBerry using http://www.BerryBlab.com

===== /QUOTE ====
    lmaoo ! no he is coming out w| a whole new version for appleberry dark 2.0 remember that is just appleberry & appleberry dark is a completely different project lol i mean i hope i am right

02-13-10 02:41 PM
    Hey all,

An updated version of AppleBerry Dark is definitely on the way, I'm just wrapping up development of AppleBerry 2.0 for the Tour, Bold 2, and 8900 (all the same device basically).

I released the darker version (V8) of AppleBerry 2.0 basically because EnergyPlus requested something a bit darker, and I figured it couldn't hurt in case others wanted something similar. It always buys me a bit more time until I can get Dark officially updated.

Hope this clarifies everything!

Cheers,

Andrew
    02-13-10 04:43 PM
10,775 ... 427428429430431
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD