Hey, Bob: I realize that QL offers more than simply providing quick access to many apps, but my perception of it was that this was the primary purpose of the app and the other stuff was more or less "gravy" on the entree. Since AB offers quick access to a fair amount of apps, that reduces the need (note: "reduces" not "eliminates") for QL and I was just curious what others were doing!
    Having used AB as my first theme, I now use another theme that brings 20 different apps/functions to my home screen . Even with that QL still has a home on my device (that was the first app I bought). Here's one way I'm using QL to make things "easier" - I have QL set up so that SMS is a folder, then I have a list of people I text with most frequently. A click of the left convenience key opens QL, select SMS folder and then select the person I want to text. Beats scrolling through a long list of names (though I know I could number prefix contacts to move them to the top of the list).

Also with the latest QL the multiple click of the convenience key makes things easier/faster. A double click gets me to SMS mode with the person I text with most frequently. Triple click to set up an appointment. Quadruple click to call home.

The screen capture is nice built in as well as the tilt lock and camera muting. So just all apps that you would need to have separately to replace QL.
    01-31-10 04:21 PM
    Holy Mackeral, Andrew: So many choices! However, I can't seem to locate the one that also does my dishes. Am I missing something?

Here is the final version listing:

AppleBerry 2.0 - Version 7
    - Transitions, dual homescreens, Stacks in portrait mode, Hidden Today, Extra Icon Slot

AppleBerry 2.0 - Version 6
    - Transitions, dual homescreens, Stacks in portrait mode, Hidden Today

AppleBerry 2.0 - Version 5
    - Transitions, dual homescreens, Stacks in portrait mode

AppleBerry 2.0 - Version 4
    - Transitions, Stacks in portrait mode, Hidden Today, Extra Icon Slot

AppleBerry 2.0 - Version 3
    - Transitions, Stacks in portrait mode, Hidden Today

AppleBerry 2.0 - Version 2
    - Transitions, Stacks in portrait mode

AppleBerry 2.0 - Version 1
    - Stacks in portrait mode, Hidden Today, Extra Icon Slot

AppleBerry 2.0 - Version 0
    - Stacks in portrait mode, Hidden Today
    01-31-10 04:26 PM
    Nearly one year later...........here we are........on a Sunday night.......waiting for the next AppleBerry update!!!
    01-31-10 05:54 PM
    Okay, so the update is complete.

I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to create an upgrade rule on MobiHand. It could be the least intuitive website I've ever used. )=

Hopefully I figure it out soon!
    01-31-10 07:00 PM
    Okay, so the update is complete.

I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to create an upgrade rule on MobiHand. It could be the least intuitive website I've ever used. )=

Hopefully I figure it out soon!
    Yeah, I just purchased the upgrade to version 2.0. The download files provided are for OS 4.7. Let's get this figured out soon. Looks like I just paid $3.00 for the version I already owned! Nnot good at all....

Now it's getting ridiculous... My account now says Current Version 2.0; Version Purchased 2.0. And when I click on the Download link I get the Popup telling me my upgrade price is $3.00!!!!

OK, So now all the Popup says is Contact us! Who is that exactly???
    Last edited by chasvs; 01-31-10 at 07:39 PM.
    01-31-10 07:19 PM
    Yeah, I just purchased the upgrade to version 2.0. The download files provided is 4.7. Let's get this figured out soon. Looks like I just paid $3.00 for the version I already owned! not good at all....
    I just sent you an email with the updated version. You're the first person to get it, and it might be like this for a while until I can get this sorted out. I've unpublished AppleBerry as of now.
    01-31-10 07:28 PM
    I just sent you an email with the updated version. You're the first person to get it, and it might be like this for a while until I can get this sorted out. I've unpublished AppleBerry as of now.
    Yeah, thanks Andrew. I was just going to send you an e-mail about all this. My updates were only to let you know that the App store was messed up. I know you'll figure all this out. too bad mobihand is a pain.
    01-31-10 07:42 PM
    Chas: I'm not even seeing 2.0 being offered, on either Mobihand or here at the Crackberry store...where'd you see this?
    01-31-10 07:44 PM
    2.0 was available for about 30 seconds, and chasvs was somehow able to get it that fast. =P

I'm going to just publish 2.0 shortly and let users buy it for $3.00, I can't get the upgrade rule to work, I'll try and figure it out for tomorrow. I'll keep everybody posted!
    01-31-10 07:46 PM

Released!

Since I can't send out upgrade emails for whatever reason, use the coupon code: "appleberry2halfoff".

This coupon code will only work when purchased from here:

AppleBerry Theme Suite - Themes BlackBerry Apps

Make sure you select version 2.0, since the original is still published for 4.7 OS users.

$3.00, eight versions. I will work on sending out upgrade emails later on, assuming MobiHand can help me out.
    Last edited by hastings; 01-31-10 at 08:09 PM.
    01-31-10 07:58 PM

Released!

Since I can't send out upgrade emails for whatever reason, use the coupon code: "appleberry2halfoff".

This coupon code will only work when purchased from here:

AppleBerry Theme Suite - Themes BlackBerry Apps

Make sure you select version 2.0, since the original is still published for 4.7 OS users.

$3.00, eight versions. I will work on sending out upgrade emails later on, assuming MobiHand can help me out.
    hastings im blowing up your email lol did you look at it?
    01-31-10 08:01 PM
    hastings im blowing up your email lol did you look at it?
    Yup, coupon code coming your way very soon.
    01-31-10 08:03 PM
    lol thanks a lot..you are the best Hastings
    01-31-10 08:05 PM
    kk im now running v2.0 on my storm 2 thanks hastings
    01-31-10 08:10 PM
    Chas: I'm not even seeing 2.0 being offered, on either Mobihand or here at the Crackberry store...where'd you see this?

I suspect by now you've seen the recent comments about the problems Andrew had with the update on Mobihand. I've got it now and loving it!

Thanks Andrew, sorry you're having problems with this launch!
    01-31-10 08:41 PM
    Yep, I did, thanks. Kinda strange, when I couldn't find anything, lol. Poor Andrew...what a nightmare this has been. Even now, when I follow the instructions, it all seems convoluted. But, it's installed, working and is great!

Kudos, Andrew, what a fine, fine job you've done. I hope you can retire on this <cough>!

I suspect by now you've seen the recent comments about the problems Andrew had with the update on Mobihand. I've got it now and loving it!

Thanks Andrew, sorry you're having problems with this launch!
    01-31-10 09:15 PM
    Beautiful, crisp, clean and professional!! Another outstanding update Andrew! I love all the little changes. I'm running the the version with the two home screens, hidden today and WB slot! So far no memory issue on my Storm 1. Let's see how it holds up! I know it was meant for the Storm 2 users, but I had to give it a try! Great Job!
    01-31-10 10:47 PM
    LOVE, love it. When I got my first Blackberry, Appleberry was my first theme. Then I got Appleberry Glass. Then Appleberry Dark. Now I just got this new Appleberry for my new Storm 2.

Amazing! Thanks, Andrew!
    01-31-10 11:33 PM
    Well thought I would chime in.

Great job Andrew from a fellow Canuck.

Cheers.

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...1&d=1265003401
    01-31-10 11:51 PM
    First, Andrew, I gotta tell you, your splash page is OUTSTANDING! Every time I scroll bye it, my eyes sort of hover and take the eye candy all in.

I've made it something of a focus point lately, to look at all the themes coming out and try several of them. None of them lasted more than two days before I removed them. Appleberry is simply first rate, the very best, both in terms of performance/functionality as well as aesthetics. Aside from some of my personal aesthetic preferences which I've discussed with you, AB has set the bar to which all other designers should at least give serious consideration to.

I've recommended this to all of my BB friends (thus far, three of them are now using it), thanks for the great job!
    02-01-10 12:24 AM
    Hey all,

I'm very happy that you're all enjoying it so far! I intended version 2.0 to pretty much address all of the common issues found in the previous AppleBerry versions. A good example of this is that instead of the weather slot being the 5th icon (unintuitive), it is now the 1st.

As OS 5.0 improves, and as the theme development software is updated, I will make sure to keep the updates coming based off of your suggestions. There are a few things I wanted to do but ended up pulling since they weren't 100% reliable on the current platform. That being said, I set out to create a better version of AppleBerry for everybody who has been using it for a while, and I believe I have accomplished that.

Thanks again! (=
    02-01-10 10:01 AM
    Hey all,
    I set out to create a better version of AppleBerry for everybody who has been using it for a while, and I believe I have accomplished that.

Thanks again! (=
    OK Fine, now get busy on Appleberry Dark! !
    02-01-10 10:46 AM
    The theme looks great..I have 1 question. Do you have a picture of the keypad? I'm curious to see if the bottom row, * 0 # are cut off..

Anyway, Kudos!
    02-01-10 01:08 PM
    OK Fine, now get busy on Appleberry Dark! !
    LOL....that is my favorite version.
    02-01-10 01:18 PM
    I've been using AB for so long (both on my S1 and now, S2), I've come to accept that and never even noticed it on 2.0. The bottom row keys are cropped on mine as well. the actualy symbol/numbers show, but the area just below them is cropped. No biggie, as I've mentioned, I have come to just accept it!

The theme looks great..I have 1 question. Do you have a picture of the keypad? I'm curious to see if the bottom row, * 0 # are cut off..

Anyway, Kudos!
    02-01-10 01:20 PM
10,775 ... 425426427428429 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD